»
Topic: Clowney
Replies: 5   Last Post: Feb 13, 2014 9:48 PM by: jbthe1tiger99
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Clowney

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 1:14 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10449257/jadeveon-clowney-says-college-athletes-paid

Players should be getting more and it is not a free ride

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 2:44 PM

In exchange for their education and top level coaching, football players are

Working out at 6 AM in the off-season doing conditioning
Going to class through the afternoon
Doing film and practice in the afternoon
Going to study hall at night
Nursing injuries in a very violent game
Stay on campus in the summer for workouts.

It is not easy and college coaches are making millions off them. Schools are getting fat TV contracts and ticket sales. Not saying these kids should be getting 6 or 7 figure deals, but give them something. I read an article the other day, where some players were sending part of the scholarship money home to their poor families. I had a friend who played at West Virginia and had no way of getting home for Christmas so an assistant coach paid for his Greyhound ticket which is a violation. Is that coach evil or doing something shady or just helping a kid from a poor background out?

No more Gameday or ESPN Saturdays...

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 4:23 PM

My protest will start next season with that. Even our games, I will listen on radio.

Re: Players should be getting more and it is not a free ride

[1]
Posted: Feb 13, 2014 4:33 PM

nobody minds that kind of "helping hand" i can assure you...
just don't be stupid enough to get caught in doing something that harmlessly good!

point is: they are working...6 AM to whenever, summer-school, plus all the free resources to take that part on...it's EXACTLY WHY they are on SCHOLARSHIP = getting paid.

everyone else (including myself) paid/pays their own way through school or their parents do, or loans, etc... BUT
student athletes put in the work in class & athletics & they are in essence "paid" for that effort.

Stands by this message: jbthe1tiger99®

did get paid***

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 7:12 PM

2019 student level member

without a doubt...he's accustomed to it even!

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 9:48 PM

that's where this argument comes from. this "normally I should be getting MORE, but everybody is watching me & stuff..." didn't just appear from his mind. he's just learned to milk it & try to squeeze everything out of it or either rebel & protest. well, since everyone is watching & listening & hanging on these star athlete kids every word, why not? now, everyone go make a big deal of it & entertain it because one of those young payers that just knows & is better than everyone else says so!
jeeeeezzzz

Replies: 5  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1458 people have read this post