Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitt loses 5 football players for the season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,717

Pitt loses 5 football players for the season

Aug 6, 2016, 2:19 PM

Pitt head football coach Pat Narduzzi announced today that five players will not be members of the active roster due to medical conditions when training camp opens on Monday, August 8. These players include:

Junior defensive lineman Justin Moody will no longer play due to a non-football related cervical spine condition. Moody, who lettered the past two years at defensive tackle, will remain with the program as a student assistant.
Incoming freshman defensive back George Hill was found to have a pre-existing cardiac condition that disqualifies him from participating. Hill will remain with the program on scholarship as a permanent medical exemption.
Incoming freshman defensive lineman Zack Gilbert will be held out this season for a cardiac condition. Gilbert will remain with the program and his opportunity for future participation will be reevaluated after the season.
Sophomore tight end Chris Clark will sit out the year after undergoing offseason knee surgery. Clark, who transferred to Pitt from UCLA this past January, will redshirt this season and have three years of eligibility remaining.
Sophomore offensive lineman Mike Grimm underwent offseason hip surgery and will be out for the year.
“Each of these young men are very passionate about the game of football and our heart goes out to them,” Narduzzi said. “Although they will not be able to play this fall, each of them will remain an active and important part of our family. They are, and will always be, Panthers. We are going to make sure they continue to benefit from a University of Pittsburgh education and being an important member of our football program.”

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's tough

Aug 6, 2016, 2:26 PM

I'm guessing they don't have the depth for this either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Two Cardiac Conditions???

Aug 6, 2016, 2:30 PM

They have two incoming freshmen with cardiac conditions? I wonder if they are extremely unlucky or if Pitt is doing some extensive medical testing not done by other schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Two Cardiac Conditions???

Aug 6, 2016, 2:35 PM

(I'm just joking... This news is terrible for them... Not trying to be hateful)

But maybe they both heard they'd have to play us this year and their constitutions failed them?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two Cardiac Conditions???

Aug 6, 2016, 3:33 PM

I would expect 1 or 2 from a group of 100. Arrhythmias are more common than most people realize. Some are nothing, some are killers. Pittsburgh has a world class heart center. Maybe the university gets the benefit of some of that expertise.

Re: Pitt loses 5 football players for the season

Aug 6, 2016, 3:57 PM

Schisse...... that sucks.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pitt program showing class by keeping

Aug 6, 2016, 4:03 PM

these guys around and honoring their commitment . We know some leagues that might not react this way .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitt program showing class by keeping

Aug 6, 2016, 5:05 PM

I couldn't agree more! Not that I had a bad view of Pitt but I sure think better of them after reading this. I wouldn't expect something like this from any SEC team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitt program showing class by keeping

Aug 6, 2016, 8:36 PM

yes they are!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2016, 12:11 AM

Best wishes to them. Always hate to see things like this, but their safety is and should be top priority. Pitt is a good school and even if some are unable to play football, they'll walk away with valuable degrees preparing them for a strong start to their careers.

Aug 7, 2016, 9:15 AM

Wow. This is simply awful. I wish all of them the best.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,717
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic