Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitt is Dangerous
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Pitt is Dangerous

Nov 9, 2016, 9:45 PM

Good running team that can shorten the game, limit our offensive possessions, our team may be focused on recognizing DW and seniors etc, anybody else a little concerned???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitt is Dangerous

Nov 9, 2016, 9:53 PM

Yes, I am.

They're also going to have a chip on their shoulder and out

Nov 9, 2016, 9:54 PM

to prove they can play better defense than they did against Miami. I worry about every game.

Not really...

Nov 9, 2016, 10:09 PM

Pitt gives up about 39 points average per game to a Power 5 team. On the road, they give up 41 points per game. And it averages to 41 because one of those game was against Virginia. Although I don't think Virginia is that bad of a team (they might be close against VT), they don't have a really good offense. They just gave up 39 points at home against Virginia Tech and 51 points at Miami.

And they haven't faced an offense like ours. We're gonna be the best offense they've faced this year.

Also, Pitt is almost dead last in the nation in passing defense. That matches up really well for us. If you take a look at their schedule, they played badly against a team with good passing offense. Miami and North Carolina are a couple of good examples.

Although their offense seems to score points, against a good defense like Miami, best defense they've played this year, they didn't score many.

I kinda expect we'll score at least 42 points and we haven't given up that many points before, especially at home.

If I see a few turnovers in the first quarter, maybe.

Re: Not really...

Nov 9, 2016, 11:38 PM

They couldn't stop Oklahoma St's passing attack either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That too.***

Nov 10, 2016, 6:45 AM

No. Only we can beat us.***

Nov 9, 2016, 10:24 PM

Then lock your doors and don't go outside.................

Nov 9, 2016, 10:28 PM

....... ;)

They are only dangerous if we turn the ball over 5 times***

Nov 9, 2016, 10:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Pitt is dangerous but syracuse had a better offense

Nov 9, 2016, 10:58 PM

And you saw what we did to them. What im concerned about is turning the ball over and making our defense bail us out like they have so many times this year. As long as we don't turn the ball over or give the defense a short playing field then i could see a 45- 17 win for Clemson. But if we can't get the offense rolling early or getting some kind of running game going, it very well could be a 4th quarter game. This Clemson team is different from any I've seen. They don't accept defeat and when you have a team like that with the talent on both sides of the ball, it would be really really hard to beat them. Plus we will clinch the division with a win on Saturday so that will give them a little extra motivation

Just to be fair.

Nov 10, 2016, 12:38 AM

Syracuse has a better offense, but their defense is worse. They're out of their starting QB too soon against us. (And please don't say that we also lost our starting QB because the talents are not comparable.)

Re: Just to be fair.

Nov 10, 2016, 1:55 AM

Well what was the score against Syracuse when they lost their starting QB ?
Were we winning ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I've hear they are planning to...

Nov 9, 2016, 11:18 PM

protest Trump's election. Badazzes, they are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

55-13 Clemson. I am not......

Nov 10, 2016, 6:24 AM

they will not be able to run the ball and will rush for less than 125 yards. They will struggle to throw the football and they will not be able to slow Clemson.

Ben meets the team at the QB on 3rd play

Nov 10, 2016, 6:28 AM

Tigers kick their butts 71-6

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Pitt is Dangerous

Nov 10, 2016, 6:42 AM

No, I for one am not concerned. These kids and coaching staff is on a mission. A mission for a second straight undefeated season. A mission to get another ACC Championship. A mission to get back to the playoffs. I don't think you're giving the team and the staff enough credit for what they have accomplished and HOW they accomplished it. People like to bring up the NCState game, "should have lost if the kicker made the kick" BS. If you want to play that game, take back the 3 turnovers we handed them inside the 5. 595 to 397 in total yards. No, CLEMSON had those turnovers, and let's take away the INT for a touchdown while ur at it.

Pitt will find the going tough on the ground and in the air offensively and this is the same team that just gave up 51 points to Miami. Clemson will not take Pitt lightly, and that's not good for Pitt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic