Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitt gave up 248 rushing yards to Northwestern
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1,843

Pitt gave up 248 rushing yards to Northwestern

Dec 29, 2016, 4:37 PM

Why could we not run the ball on them? I know we took what they gave us but they averaged 5 ypc while we only had 2. Thoughts on this? Did Northwestern just have time to figure out the holes in their run D or what?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wondering this too...didn't get to see Pitt game v. NW but

Dec 29, 2016, 4:39 PM

was wondering how they pulled it off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitt gave up 248 rushing yards to Northwestern

Dec 29, 2016, 4:40 PM

Pitt looked like garbage. Guess they didn't want to play.

Dec 29, 2016, 4:42 PM

Because they completely sold out to stop the run on us...they walked safeties up and took the chance with a lot of man....that's the only way to beat offenses that are considered high power. Try to make them one demensional and take your chances.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

And two turnovers in the end zone and bad play calling late

Dec 29, 2016, 4:44 PM

cost us the game. However, the loss didn't hurt and may have awakened the Tigers.

Dec 30, 2016, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Pitt gave up 248 rushing yards to Northwestern ]

It didn't help that we completely abandoned the run. Once they stacked the box we quit trying to run. Making 5 more rushing attempts in that game wouldn't have changed our overall point total or significantly added to the rushing yardage total, but it would have ate enough clock over the course of the game that Pitt wouldn't have enough time left for the final game winning drive.

Dec 29, 2016, 4:44 PM

they put 9 in the box on us. guess that 650 yards passing was not enough for you huh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2016, 4:47 PM

What are you talking about? I was pleased with the offense and backed them up after that game more than most. We took what they gave us. I was just wondering the reason for our 2 ypc compared to Northwesterns 5 ypc.

Dec 29, 2016, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt gave up 248 rushing yards to Northwestern ]

It was 580 yards passing btw dude. Dont be a smart butt.

Dec 29, 2016, 4:45 PM

I agree. I think maybe they just stayed committed to the run. What surprised me is the way they were able to shut pitt down in the first half.

I also think we just had a bad game and a bad gameplan on D. We made good adjustments at the half but thank you refs for bogus flags too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2016, 4:46 PM

4 turnovers doesn't help

Dec 29, 2016, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt gave up 248 rushing yards to Northwestern ]

Oh yea I agree. I wonder why they did not just try to make Northwestern beat them with the pass though. It is just strange to me but I guess we do not line up under center and run like Northwestern maybe that was a factor.

The Pitt game wasn't about yards gained. Came down to TO's

Dec 29, 2016, 4:52 PM

in the end... Go TIGERS!!!

Re: The Pitt game wasn't about yards gained. Came down to TO's

Dec 29, 2016, 4:54 PM

I know it was not about the yards. We should have won and just passing is fine with me. I was just wondering why we could not run the ball when we tried to but yet Northwestern could run on them with ease. I guess they did just stack the box but why would they not do that against every team?

Dec 29, 2016, 5:02 PM

Yeah, I understand what you meant. I hate any loss; they all sting and cause imaginable heartbreak to us all. With that being said, that loss ultimately fueled us and kind of 'woke us up' so to speak. We are now ready to improve and take what is ours!!!! Beat OSU!!!

Dec 30, 2016, 9:51 AM

Yep it did not hurt us at all we would be number 2 either way and I think it did kick us into another gear. The Buckeyes better get ready because our boys are about to bring their best and that is hard to beat.

Dabo said he liked watching this game...

Dec 30, 2016, 9:57 AM

may have learned a little something

that could help down the road.

really surprised that Pitt lost this bowl game.

Dec 30, 2016, 10:01 AM

Their coaching staff did such a good job game planning for Clemson I thought they'd be well prepared with a month off to prep for NW.

null

NW coaching staff is very good as well

Dec 30, 2016, 10:35 AM

Rarely are they the more talented team, but every year they give top teams in the Big Ten all they can handle

Re: really surprised that Pitt lost this bowl game.

Dec 30, 2016, 11:50 AM [ in reply to really surprised that Pitt lost this bowl game. ]

Yep, only loss for ACC in bowl games as of this moment!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: really surprised that Pitt lost this bowl game.

Dec 30, 2016, 1:40 PM [ in reply to really surprised that Pitt lost this bowl game. ]

Conner and Peterman getting hurt did not help at all.

as pointed out -Pitt had 8-9 in the box

Dec 30, 2016, 11:43 AM

We shouldn't have run a single running play until they came out of that. We were stubborn on 3rd and 4th on our last possession. All we had to do was throw the WR screen like we had been doing all game or thrown to MW. TOs and coaching stubbornness lost that game. Obviously didn't matter in the end.

Because Deshaun had seriously injured his shoulder the

Dec 30, 2016, 12:19 PM

week before. HE WAS NOT GOING TO RUN. That severely impacts our running game.

Re: Because Deshaun had seriously injured his shoulder the

Dec 30, 2016, 1:41 PM

I agree but we should still average more than 2 ypc idc how many the D has in the box or if our QB can run.

Dec 30, 2016, 1:39 PM

How in the heck do I get TD for this post? I just do not understand some of you people.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1,843
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic