Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: ACC to add bowl at Wrigley Field
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: ACC to add bowl at Wrigley Field

Jun 11, 2018, 1:18 PM

Report: ACC to add bowl at Wrigley Field

The ACC is set to have a tie-in to one of three new bowls come the 2020 season, per college football reporter Brett McMurphy. The bowl would be a second played Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swofford must think we are Eskimos***

Jun 11, 2018, 1:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully some bowls are going away

Jun 11, 2018, 1:27 PM

If they are adding new bowls, I hope that there are also some that will go away. There are already too few decent teams to fill the current bowl games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because everyone wants to...

Jun 11, 2018, 1:31 PM

attend a bowl game played outdoors in north Chicago in late December.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: TNET: Report: ACC to add bowl at Wrigley Field

Jun 11, 2018, 1:35 PM

This is a bad joke. No one wants to play there that time of year. If so have it in Soldier Field at least due to the space issue. Of course no one recalls the Bears played at Wrigley for many years. They found enough space

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Bears played there before the Cubs added field-level

Jun 11, 2018, 1:44 PM

seats behind home plate.

it won't be long before the rules are changed to only

Jun 11, 2018, 1:43 PM

needing to win 5 games to attend a bowl game. The level of competition of pathetic at these low tier games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, quite frankly, I'm fine with that

Jun 11, 2018, 2:08 PM

I fail to understand why folks want LESS football to watch. Maybe it'll be a good game, maybe it'll suck, but it's still a chance to watch football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they match up the teams to try to make it competitive

Jun 11, 2018, 2:25 PM

it can be a good thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

There were 39 games played in 16 days last year

Jun 11, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to And, quite frankly, I'm fine with that ]

and at least 10-12 of those games were garbage. It doesn't feature enough big games that big time fan bases yearn for. In my opinion, it does very little for them game, beside giving the players 1 more game to play.

Western Kentucky (6-6) vs Georgia State(6-5) doesn't do anything positive for football. Neither does New Mexico(6-6) State vs. Utah State(6-6) on Dec 30th. Or, watching Florida Atlantic whoop Akron 50-3.

What I AM in favor of...is a few more games to open the season (or, at least by week 2-3) that feature traditional powers vs one another for Home and home stints.

I would love to see:

Clemson with Home and Home's vs Florida, Tenn, Southern Cal or Penn St. Even before Georgia simply b/c we've done that recently (though, I'd never say no to it either).

Texas A&M vs FSU, or Oklahoma vs Nebraska, or Miami vs UGA would all be fun games to watch with so many story lines.

These match ups are way more interesting and would bring more attention and money to college football than watching Appalachian State trounce Toledo 34-0.

Why is that?

Jun 12, 2018, 8:38 AM

"Western Kentucky (6-6) vs Georgia State(6-5) doesn't do anything positive for football. Neither does New Mexico(6-6) State vs. Utah State(6-6) on Dec 30th. Or, watching Florida Atlantic whoop Akron 50-3."

Like the guy said...watch it or don't. If it wasn't on tv you'd be watching reruns of Andy griffin.. if it is on tv you can still watch reruns of Andy griifin.

I don't know the difference between fifa, world cup, the European league, those south American teams. .or any of it. I don't know a big futbol game from a meaningless soccer game. When I'm flippen through the channels and see a soccer ball, I just keep flipping.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Pitt, BC and Syracuse, COME ON DOWN!!! - you're the next

Jun 11, 2018, 1:46 PM

participants in the Wrigley Field Freeze Your Butts Off Bowl!!!!

Bad idea.

The straw that broke the donkey's back...

Jun 11, 2018, 1:50 PM

Fire Swoffy!!!!

Jun 11, 2018, 1:53 PM

Check your hockey sticks at the gate boys!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 2:14 PM

I'm thinking its Wrigley or bust for this years team! No more of this playing Alabama every year.

Why are so many bowls at baseball stadiums? Stupidest thing

Jun 11, 2018, 2:24 PM

ever. Baseball doesn't play its super regionals at football stadiums.

Perfect Inaugural Match-Up

Jun 11, 2018, 2:51 PM

The Scoks and the UTSA Roadrunners! What could be better!?!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tough matchup. Heard Cubs OL is going to be solid this year***

Jun 11, 2018, 3:16 PM

before long, 4 wins and you will be bowl eligible.***

Jun 11, 2018, 4:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? We cannot fill all bowls with a winning record now.***

Jun 26, 2023, 6:39 AM

“I’ve always wanted to watch a college football game in Chicago in the dead of winter....”

Jun 11, 2018, 6:09 PM

Said no one ever.

Re: “I’ve always wanted to watch a college football game in Chicago in the dead of winter....”

Jun 11, 2018, 8:41 PM

Try going to Soldier Field in the dead of winter. Been to a few, and yes, froze my #### off even dressed for it. Decided about 10 years ago, no more. Getting too old to sit in subzero weather any more.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 9:49 PM

Wrigley Field Fiasco returns a lot of search results.

Re: Perfect. Should be a balmy -35 degrees.......

Jun 12, 2018, 8:42 AM
frozen.jpg(98.8 K)

How in the he(( does Swoffy come up with this crap?

Screw Calford.

Jun 12, 2018, 9:47 AM

Are they doing away with some bowls or are we gonna have more teams with losing records playing?

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic