Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm about to make everyone mad I bet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

I'm about to make everyone mad I bet

Jul 14, 2014, 3:04 AM

I can't help but notice all the hate on this board concerning South Carolina . I have been a Clemson fan since I was a small child and loved going to the games with my dad over 30 years ago. And yes , I never wanted to see the tigers lose a single game , especially to our in state rivals but.....

I certainly don't hate USC. Never have. To me that's silly . To me, it's only football. A game. I enjoy it a great deal but I don't hate USC fans because of who they pull for , or the players for that matter . I pull for Clemson > ACC > USC because they r instate with us. I certainly don't hate them. Don't misunderstand .... I'd get tickled if they went 0-12 and I'd enjoy the heck out if it but hate..... Ummm no. It's a game. Some of you sound silly the way u act like they are lowlifes and such. I know some really fine USC fans. But I love the tigers instead .

I know there are some really crappy USC fans too but there r some pretty bad Clemson fans as well. The fact is, in the end, we are all people and as long as people treat me well, I believe in doing the same. Race or favorite team means nothing. It's about their attitude.

I hope we winnem all and they losem all but most importantly, I hope both fan bases have a safe and fulfilling season . Because if it meant hurting on USC person for real in return for winning , I'd rather go 0-12. It's just football .

Have a great season everyone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that Scar fans are people too.

Jul 14, 2014, 3:26 AM

Some are even ok people, and I wish them no real harm. What I take issue with is your statement that "It's just football?" Whuut? That is heresy. It is like saying America is "just a country." Wow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh Lawd, You done opened it up now, buddy!!

Jul 14, 2014, 6:06 AM

I will remain silent and let the remaining members of T-Net have the floor!!

Re: Oh Lawd, You done opened it up now, buddy!!

Jul 14, 2014, 6:24 AM

I have family members who are Scock fans ...and I stress "members" .
If you cannot dislike your rival ...your long suffering little stepchild who now with recent success feels the need to needle you and chide us at every turn then there is no reason to care about the game at all , is there ?
No , hating on dirtpeckers is a healthy part of a balaanced existence and I encourage you to take it more seriously in the future . In my estimation ...you have been missing out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Drinking + TNet = Epic Fail

Jul 14, 2014, 6:27 AM [ in reply to Oh Lawd, You done opened it up now, buddy!! ]

"Because if it meant hurting on USC person for real in return for winning , I'd rather go 0-12."

Maybe they aren't all bad people. MAYBE. But we aren't trying to "hurting on them," rather beat em on the field. None of us cheered when Lattimore got hurt. We aren't like that. But seriously, eff those guys. Would you not agree that most of their players are thugs...?

What's silly is coming here and calling a bunch of people

Jul 14, 2014, 6:36 AM

silly because they don't take the same position as you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL....The "hating" is actually the more entertaining

Jul 14, 2014, 6:38 AM

sport, for folks are able to participate 365 days a year.

It has become over the years a refined art developed with high intrigue and boundless fits of emotion, cunning, guile and inventiveness. Yet, most exercise their rights to inclusiveness in the practice with tongue-in-cheek and eyes cast hither and thither lest they say the wrong thing at the wrong time to the wrong person...like their Daddies, Mommas, wives, girlfriends, bosses or plain, ole friends, who make be ardent fans of the enemy.

The people of our infamous state thrive on the conflict, while praying to the Almighty for an extended life in which to enjoy the sport.

Meanwhile, our fine neighbors in North Carolina and Georgia engage in their own brand of "hating," while attempting to gang up on our little, ole state, which makes me think they may have a secret vendetta due to our having led them down the dark path toward the Civil War.

And all the while, Tater and Chicken fans prepare to don their shiniest armor, sharpen their strongest lances, mount their sturdiest steeds and gallop straight ahead into another War of the Doozies.

It's what we do; it's a lot of fun; and both sides are darn well-adept at the sport!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm about to make everyone mad I bet

Jul 14, 2014, 6:38 AM

AS a smart person in another thread said, the 99% of coots who are crappy fans ruin it for the 1% of their folks who are good fans......

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Pitchfork Ben just turned over in his grave!!!

Jul 14, 2014, 7:23 AM

Read your history - it goes a lot deeper than football my friend!! ;)

You're either with us or against us...

Jul 14, 2014, 7:32 AM

...and either with them or against them. Get on the bus or get off.

I have lived in SC for all of my 46 years, and I NEVER pull for the Coots...in anything. This doesn't mean I wish harm on them. There are many people I like a great deal who are SC fans. I still hate the way they act in certain situations.

Hate is a strong word, but it is 100% appropriate for how I feel about the way many SC fans conduct themselves. What is silly is trying to tell someone how they should feel.

Jul 14, 2014, 7:35 AM

Very classy post, this is what it is about. There is nothing wrong with harmless internet banter but so many on tnet take it to the extreme. I know i am a coot but i sincerely come here hoping for real discussion bc i love the banter and rivalry, but iblike to see some honest assessment. It gets old watching every thread end with "coot", it literally happens in 80% of threads on this site. People who just disregard every post they dont want to hear are ridiculous. I dont go to my Gamecock site (TBS/247) and slam Clemson, I dont see the point. I like learning about ur players, plays, etc. So when i watch yall during the season I know who they ate. Tnet could benefit from OPs logic-pull for your team, not to trash the other team, too many posts degrading SC, UGA, and FSU and not enough real diverse discussion about any of the schools.

Why don't you run over to fgf and preach this same sermon...

Jul 14, 2014, 7:58 AM

then get back with us.

And just a suggestion--if you don't like the posts on Tnet, then why bother visiting?? It would seem to be a waste of your time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To my mind, not all gamecocks fans are Coots

Jul 14, 2014, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm about to make everyone mad I bet ]

Not all Southerners are rednecks, and not all Northerners are Yankees.

If you are offended by the terms used for any of these groups, it is probably because you are a part of one.

You're not doing it right.***

Jul 14, 2014, 8:02 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's hard to believe that this post still

Jul 14, 2014, 8:19 AM

Seems unreasonable to some. You sure some of you don't need to step back and rethink things?

you can feel any way you like, but allow others the same...

Jul 14, 2014, 8:34 AM

maybe you need to "rethink" things?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's hard to believe that this post still

Jul 14, 2014, 8:44 AM [ in reply to It's hard to believe that this post still ]

Maybe you should check your self-righteous meter. Just because you think your opinion is right, doesn't mean others have to share it.

Re: It's hard to believe that this post still

Jul 14, 2014, 8:47 AM

Coots' getting Lamb Basted up in here !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Guarantee this person is a liberal....

Jul 14, 2014, 9:04 AM [ in reply to It's hard to believe that this post still ]

Probably likes soccer and participation trophies too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Kum-ba-yaa, my Lord, Kum-ba-yaa

Jul 14, 2014, 8:31 AM

If you don't want to hate SCar that's cool. I don't understand it, but that's your thing. I too know some SCar fans who are upstanding, fine, lovely people and I don't begrudge them their team preference--everybody's got to root for somebody and usually it doesn't define them as a person. I also know some fans who go out of their way to be a d!ck to me *because* they know I'm a Clemson fan. And some people belong to both categories depending on time of year, conversation subject, etc.

Personally, I don't hate SCar because of football. I hate them because of *everything*. And I'm kind of perplexed by people who don't.

Re: Kum-ba-yaa, my Lord, Kum-ba-yaa

Jul 14, 2014, 9:00 AM

Sorry but the in your face coot fans have crossed the line with me. Their greater than thou attitude and total arrogance has reached its limit with me. They talk as though they are world beaters and all thy have accomplished is a state championships. As I told one of my coot friends, I don't know when the worm will turn, but when it does, it will be ugly. Had one hold up 5 fingers at church yesterday. Payback is coming. I hope they are prepared.

Re: Kum-ba-yaa, my Lord, Kum-ba-yaa

Jul 14, 2014, 10:00 AM

I go to church every Sunday, and I'm one of about 5 Clemson fans in the entire congregation. But be sure of this, all those coots know better than to try and insult me using the church as a tall fence between us. Flip me a 5 finger in church, and I'll flip them the dominant 1 right back!!! We're in church to worship our Lord and savoir, and not for goading each other over our college preference. And if any of them feel they can gouge at me with protection of the church walls, think again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 Questions.....

Jul 14, 2014, 9:03 AM

1) who would tickle you if they go 0-12.

2) what does race have to do with this?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: 2 Questions.....

Jul 14, 2014, 9:22 AM

To DrDre. Go back to fantasyland. This is a Clemson board. You do not belong.

Jul 14, 2014, 9:27 AM

Why did you have to go and do that for. Now I've got to hate you. I'm sure glad that all Clemson and usuc fans aren't like you. Rivalry would just go away, and FB would just be a Jock sport like hunting and fishing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's called a Rivalry for a reason.

Jul 14, 2014, 9:41 AM

Also, please never say "it's just football" again.

Does not compute.

Finally, most fans on both sides are actually rational, competent folks that do respect each other. Unfortunately, some idiots from both sides can present an uglier picture than that.

With that said, I hate South Carolina. And if they never won another game, well that'd be just fine with me. I hope they feel the same way about us. Now, spot the d@mn ball.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I have a lot of gameCok friends.

Jul 14, 2014, 9:41 AM

They are all illiterate homosexuals and like to watch soccer, but ok people none the less.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I have a lot of gameCok friends.

Jul 14, 2014, 1:38 PM

I can not be able reads your post but you sure look nice in dem jeans. Now wut the heck problem you got with the FIFA again?

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Jul 14, 2014, 11:41 AM

I have to totally agree. I have many friends that are Clemson fans and we enjoy a good ribbing and trash talk. BUT NEVER do any of us attack players. Sure when someone gets arrested or something we will poke some fun and of course we do poke fun at Spurrier or Dabo but nothing viscous or nasty (and yes I do think Slurrier is pretty funny). Rivalries are fun but they shouldn't lead to personal attacks against players or fans.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic