Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Justyn + Lyn-J > Tee + Travis?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Justyn + Lyn-J > Tee + Travis?

Aug 13, 2018, 9:18 AM

You would think so based on this weekends comments from coaches and players. Everyone loves and talks about the new toy even though the old one might be better. It is great to see these talented kids coming in year after year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

RB wise.. its up to whoever can run block, IMO

Aug 13, 2018, 9:39 AM

Re watching that Sugar Bowl from last year was painful to see how pitiful our Running Backs were on blocking. When you lose a guy like Gallman ..you feel it. All of our turnovers were from missed blocks by Etienne. I understand being scared to get in the way but...its part of the job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RB wise.. its up to whoever can run block, IMO

Aug 13, 2018, 9:52 AM

And if Etienne can learn the Renfrow philosophy--for the little guy, timing is everything--he can be an effective blocker, and even tackler, when he needs to be. If Hunter can do it at 180, Travis can at what? 210?

So he gives away 30 lbs to a LB. That's better than 100 lbs to DaRon Payne!

Re: Justyn + Lyn-J > Tee + Travis?

Aug 13, 2018, 9:50 AM

I think they have the potential to be just as good, if not better by the end of their careers. As for this weekends talk, I think your right. Everyone is amazed by what Lyn-J and Justin do because it is new and fresh and has a sense of novelty.

Basically, Tee and Travis are the late-20’s mom who is still in really good shape and was the hottest girl in the office until Lyn-J and Justin showed up. They are the early-20’s blonde, recent graduate who everyone will realize is not that much hotter than the mom, she’s just new and everyone wants to talk about her.

Pictures would help the analogy***

Aug 13, 2018, 9:57 AM

Aug 13, 2018, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Justyn + Lyn-J > Tee + Travis? ]

These are also the guys who have just arrived and haven't even tried to learn the playbook yet.
They're being given an opportunity to show their raw skills without too much thinking required. It gives everyone a reason to believe in them later on, when they start slogging through the disciplined process of thinking and trying to use their techniques effectively and knowing their assignments.

You compare players to the hotties in the (very professional, I'm sure) workplace. I compare them to jazz musicians, who all get solo riffs on stage before we get down to the serious work of building an orchestra--or at the very least, a Big Band.

Don't forget that the late 20's mom is usually more skilled than that new hottie. Just not as fresh and impressionable, and she no longer needs help loading the copier.:)

Aug 13, 2018, 10:35 AM

I keep telling you guys Justyn is the real deal. I know someone who gets lots of good inside info on the team and he was told back in like January that the best receiver (Ross) isn't even on campus yet.

Tee is the best WR on the team.

Aug 13, 2018, 10:38 AM

Justyn and DK are both going to be studs. But lets not get ahead of ourselves before these guys even play a game.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Tee is the best WR on the team.

Aug 13, 2018, 10:57 AM

I'm just informing you on what I was told. From everything I've seen and heard so far, I agree with them lol. As for DK, I followed Kendrick a lot his junior and senior year when I lived in Rock Hill. I thought he would be playing defense for us though but he's a stud where ever he is placed.

Should be Justyn + Lyn-J + Tee + Travis > all FBS teams

Aug 13, 2018, 11:08 AM

Go tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is saying that? None of them have done anything.

Aug 13, 2018, 11:14 AM

I know we love Etienne but he wasn’t a game changer. His average per carry drop every month of the season:

September: 10 ypc
October: 6.6 ypc
November: 5.6 ypc
December/Jan(last two games): 4.6 ypc

As fans we tend not to listen to coaches, but Etienne couldn’t block or catch. That’s why he got limited action and his production dropped.

As for the other three, we are more in love with potential than reality. And the reality is none of the other three have made a big time play in big time game. (I’ll give Tee the one catch vs South Carolina, but I’m not counting what he did vs the Citadel.)

Re: Who is saying that? None of them have done anything.

Aug 13, 2018, 12:09 PM

Hey JeffSt, maybe you're West Coast residency makes you less impressionable than we who are hearing Tiger news/rumor every day.

So is life returning to normal for the Redding area? Are there still some living in shelters? Could you tell us anything of what the community has done to help the families who lost their homes?

it’s not that I don’t like the rumors...but...

Aug 13, 2018, 12:28 PM

We hear/see this type of stuff every August. Last year this time we were gushing over a video of Tee Higgins in warm ups, but he was largely a non factor last season. ?????

Plus Dabo always seems to talk up younger guys(because the reporters ask about them), and I think it’s to motivate the old guys.

As for your other questions(and thanks for asking): Redding is divided down the middle by I-5, with most of the damage limited to the west. About 3/4 mile from me a neighborhood was ravished as I live in the west side.

I don’t think anyone is still in a shelter ata this point. The fires are still burning far to the west which still covers our cars in ash, and destroys the air quality. People are getting a bit stir crazy staying indoors.

The best part of this whole SNAFU is how the city has responded. Churches have helped organize ash out groups- groups of qualified/trainer volunteers who go through burned down house to help the owners salvage whatever they can. Churches are also using their platforms to help find housing for those who need it. FEMA and insurance companies setup up shop within days to start accessing the damage and dispensing payments to those who need it. Some local restaurant chains are also offering free or reduced cost food to those with housing.

And I’m not sure a fire fighter, line worker, or EMT worker has had to pay for a thing the last three weeks as people are always paying their tabs at coffee shops, grocery stores, and restuarants all over town.

Everything isn’t perfect- some rental owners are jacking prices ridiculously high- but overall It’s the most amazing response I’ve seen to a disaster like this.

Re: Who is saying that? None of them have done anything.

Aug 13, 2018, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Who is saying that? None of them have done anything. ]

Hey JeffSt, maybe you're West Coast residency makes you less impressionable than we who are hearing Tiger news/rumor every day.

So is life returning to normal for the Redding area? Are there still some living in shelters? Could you tell us anything of what the community has done to help the families who lost their homes?

WHAT?! Heard it here, that TEE is lock for the NFL HOF****

Aug 13, 2018, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Who is saying that? None of them have done anything. ]

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic