Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jimmy Howard, Coach Frank’s Boy, said in 2012 he’s still fascinated when he sees TiGERs play on TV!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Jimmy Howard, Coach Frank’s Boy, said in 2012 he’s still fascinated when he sees TiGERs play on TV!

Jan 22, 2019, 12:46 PM

Me too in a way since the 1956 regional game vs NCst was a biggie in both our days and made you feel so proud as well as awe-struck.

As you know Jimmy has had a Beer Tavern downtown for about 40 years.

Remember seeing him back in mid 60’s coming off the Ruby field down & across from the baseball field..with all his gear on & shorts..and his legs & shins were as big as a plow horse..

but blood was dripping down from one shin and as I looked at him limping off the playing field towards the parking lot, while game was still being played, he muttered he was headed home (his Dad’s home probably) to doctor it up!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Picked-up some great words of wisdom...

Jan 22, 2019, 12:54 PM

in my days at Clemson written on the bathroom wall inside Sloan Street Tap Room;

"No matter how good looking she is, somewhere out there there is a guy who is sick and tired of putting-up with her $#!7."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He saved his Daddy's job in his one great game, USC?

Jan 22, 2019, 1:29 PM

He rushed for over 200 yards and that victory gave the Tigers a winning record 1961 or 62? Do you remember that game?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't 1961

Jan 22, 2019, 2:40 PM

That was in Cola and we lost, the infamous prank game and he was just a sophomore that year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

reply to LBB.

Jan 22, 2019, 2:47 PM

so that was jimmy howard behind the downtown bar.always thought it was a one tooth guy named nick.served me my first beer at school('64) with many,many more to follow,and I was under age.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic