Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Phonetic guide in the programs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,359

Phonetic guide in the programs

May 6, 2019, 7:16 AM

I haven't bought a program in years but if they put a phonetic guide for the names I'll have to get one. The sad thing is DJ's name might be the one that I am closest on because of the video that has been posted. Still we have TP11, Ruke, and Boateng. With Ngata I thought the g was silent but it was used repeatedly during the spring game. Even with a name as pedestrian as Bresee, I have heard it pronounced about 4 different ways. I'm sure that I will learn them once the young men are playing regularly, but I'm thanking God for nicknames.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Phonetic guide in the programs

May 6, 2019, 9:45 AM

Ruke is easy. According to Dabo, it's pronounced Oh-row-row-row. Can't really help you much with the others though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 12:31 PM

I think Dabo's o-row-row-row was just the way Ruke told Dabo he could do it .. not that that is the way the family does it. Just like the DJ post from yesterday showing him pronouncing his own name, the same website has Ruke pronouncing his or-HORE-he-RO.

How about calling DJ 5-LIVE! It would make Munson's job

May 6, 2019, 10:06 AM

a lot easier. "Five (5)-Live looking downfield, Ladson is there, Touchdown Tigers!

You know Munson will just have to call him DJ during broadcasts, just to be able to keep up with the speed of the game!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 10:18 PM

I'm hoping these guys will be as chill as Clelin and wait til 3-4 months after their second national championship to tell us "Oh by the way, my name is pronounced..."

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,359
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic