Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
bold statement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

bold statement

Sep 22, 2014, 2:49 PM

Anyone happen to hear Philpot on 105.5 say that Chad Morris
is the best play caller Clemson has had in 125 years?

Message was edited by: powerhouse93®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like his statement about the trolls and idiots

Sep 22, 2014, 2:51 PM

on this message board the best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It goes both ways. When the team makes a

Sep 22, 2014, 4:15 PM

lot of mistakes you can just be 24/7 positive and say we'll get them next time. Thats how loser are born.

I would agree

Sep 22, 2014, 2:51 PM

he has his faults, but we have never been known for offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would agree

Sep 22, 2014, 2:56 PM

We were known for power running football and a high level option running team for years, especially in the late 80's. And one thing is for sure, if we needed short yardage we had a package to get under center and get the yardage needed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 3:00 PM

We now have zero confidence in our OL to get the job done. If we did, we would line up and run it up the middle, instead of trying to spread it out and pass it on the goal line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 2:58 PM [ in reply to I would agree ]

Still aren't after the 2 losses we posted this year. I like Chad, but the offense this year has been pretty lackluster in the 2 losses. I hope we have learned from that and move forward on a mission to make a statement. Hard to do, though, when the OL can't seem to be dominant. That is, and has been for a long time, our weak link.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I admit I am not a coach

Sep 22, 2014, 3:38 PM

And with that being said, for 3 years I have seen what this offense can do it's pretty awesome. However we play to our strengths and mask our weaknesses. We don't have a strong OL so we have to do different things. That maybe to simple minded but that's what I see happening. Sure every coach makes bone headed plays/mistakes. I just want to keep this coaching staff together as long as possible. They recruited these guys and they trust him, they will prove what they can do in the upcoming weeks.

Re: I admit I am not a coach

Sep 23, 2014, 8:27 AM

I agree!

Sep 23, 2014, 8:28 AM [ in reply to I admit I am not a coach ]

yep that 420 yards against a pro defense was just unacceptable huh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2014, 11:39 AM

We moved the ball pretty well all up and down the field, but when it's 3rd or 4th and short we usually don't have the confidence to run it right at someone. That is an OL weakness and lack of confidence. We are doing so many things right, but I want the one thing that has cost us more over the years, the OL, to be a strength, rather than the weak link.

Re: bold statement

Sep 22, 2014, 3:43 PM

that could be the case as I wasn't around for all 125 years and neither was he. But other than staying at a Holiday Inn last night I do know that Morris' call to go shotgun with 1st and goal on the 6 inch line was one of the worst calls I've seen in a college game.
I've got at least a dozen e-mails from friends around the country all saying the same thing: where was a power formation?

Sep 22, 2014, 7:31 PM

I think morris and mike bobo should be co-OC's on a team. Can you imagine all the stupid calls?

Sep 22, 2014, 3:45 PM

I still ask what GOOD defenses did we face in the past couple of years that the offence performed well in? LSU is all I can think of.

Sep 22, 2014, 3:53 PM

Hey, it wasn't play calling or coaching that cost us the game. It was player error and bad luck.

Two missed field goals! A bad snap! A missed block! A fumble! A DB stumbling!

If any of these had not happened, we would have won the game easily!

Sep 22, 2014, 3:57 PM

Yes player error played into it. But a bad snap possibility is the reason you call a play that is ran from under center.

Philpott.....LMAO. Biggest ###### in the history of WCCP

Sep 22, 2014, 6:22 PM

Curious if he would like tell Crump or Meist in person that they have no testicles.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Philpott.....LMAO. Biggest ###### in the history of WCCP

Sep 22, 2014, 7:01 PM

Yea he sounds like a real tough guy

Re: Philpott.....LMAO. Biggest ###### in the history of WCCP

Sep 22, 2014, 7:51 PM

yep...he may could beat up Matt Roloff

Sep 22, 2014, 7:29 PM

John Heisman wants his mantle back.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive