Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Phil Steele picked Tigers 15th last year, he was off by 7 spots; 23rd this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,340

Phil Steele picked Tigers 15th last year, he was off by 7 spots; 23rd this year

Jun 8, 2014, 10:10 AM

Based on how I read Steele's analysis last year I think he was expecting 3 losses to UGA, FSU and SC and the ranking was 15.

Based on his rank of 23 this year I assume he is predicting 4 losses. I believe the schedule is tougher this year but where is this fourth loss coming from that he must be predicting?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Phil Steele picked Tigers 15th last year, he was off by 7 spots; 23rd this year

Jun 8, 2014, 10:23 AM

The guy is clueless. This team will handle the chickens with ease. If the line is -7 or close, it is time to load up!!!!
We're all about D this year until our O catches fire and then watch out.

Some people never change

Jun 8, 2014, 11:16 AM

Never advance. Never learn from their mistakes. Normally we describe them with phrases such as "a waste".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well... The UNC and L'Ville games setup perfect for trap/###

Jun 8, 2014, 11:49 AM

Games.....and we havent beaten GT in Atlanta since 2003......

Re: Well... The UNC and L'Ville games setup perfect for trap/###

Jun 8, 2014, 11:53 AM

Very true, though if there's a year to beat GT in Atlanta, this is it. From the looks of it, this could be a very tough year for them.

North Carolina is going to come into Death Valley likely ranked in the mid-teens, so I wouldn't be surprised if he sees that as a loss on top of UGA, FSU, South Carolina.

Re: Well... The UNC and L'Ville games setup perfect for trap/###

Jun 8, 2014, 12:00 PM

Though the disrespect from the "experts" does get me fired up a bit, I understand it more today than in years past. We had a lot of turnover offensively, so we need to show people what we're made of.

Despite our confidence in him, we don't know how Cole Stoudt is going to perform against starting defenses. We don't know if Charone is going to step up to the degree we expect him to in the absence of Sammy and Martavis. We've got a lot of question marks.

However if those guys do step up and step up early, I think we'll be looking at another 11 win season.

Wow never heard of home games being classified as

Jun 8, 2014, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Well... The UNC and L'Ville games setup perfect for trap/### ]

trap games.

I've always considered classic trap games road games, usually prior to or after a big game.

The schedule this year doesn't really show anything that looks like a trap game the way it sets up.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,340
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic