Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Phew, I'm back. Google Fiber installers that installed the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 325

Phew, I'm back. Google Fiber installers that installed the

Jul 15, 2020, 11:50 AM

fiber drop yesterday cut my AT&T Fiber drop... #########.

So I spent 24 hours without home Internet, and it SUCKED. It's amazing how ingrained Internet is in a modern home, especially whenever every single IoT device no longer works. All automated lights quit working, a few I don't have a switch or anything to control (technically have a remote control that I threw away a long time ago).

Amazon FireTV OS won't display the home screen without Internet, fortunately can go into settings -> applications -> Plex to launch the app. Plex also uses the Internet too much for local content, but it eventually would load and play, just took forever because I assume it's first attempting to connect to the Internet, then realizing it can't and taking the intranet. Upstairs' NVIDIA Shield Pro didn't have any of those issues.

It was very humorous multiple times last night watching wifey say "Alexa, turn on the fan" and then it triggers the red circle ping and Alexa saying she's having trouble connecting to the Internet.

Anyway, AT&T fixed the drop, and Google Fiber will finish the install this afternoon. So I'll have two gigabit connections for ultimate pr0n viewing, until I cancel AT&T.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

what's that googly fiber cost for the month?

Jul 15, 2020, 11:52 AM

i could look it up, but we're both here

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AT&T is $100/mo, GF is $70/mo***

Jul 15, 2020, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, GFY

Jul 15, 2020, 11:55 AM

Google Fiber, YAY!

Your not bundled with AT&T?

Jul 15, 2020, 12:20 PM [ in reply to AT&T is $100/mo, GF is $70/mo*** ]

I get to place both hands flat on the counter each month when my DirecTV bill comes, but because I added in the AT&T fiber service, I'm at $49 per month (service and the modem "rental fee" combined). Probably because I'm a "new" customer. We'll see where that goes in a year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

I don't have any TV or telephone services.

Jul 15, 2020, 12:54 PM

Hopefully your bundle price stays low and isn't some introductory price, $50/mo is great!

Duh, look up the annual street value of everything about

Jul 15, 2020, 11:54 AM [ in reply to what's that googly fiber cost for the month? ]

Your personal life, divide it by 12, and subtract it from the AT&T monthly price.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plex still works. And all phones.

Jul 15, 2020, 12:10 PM

So not that bad.

Not into Alexa or nest or all the other iot stuff. OK Google turn off TV is great for the kids though.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have your choice of fiber networks?

Jul 15, 2020, 12:10 PM

Where are you, Pacific Palisades? Palm Beach?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was chatting with the AT&T installer and he said

Jul 15, 2020, 12:57 PM

that AT&T is working on 10Gbps in the nearish future. I am so happy to have two competitors now, yay!

for some reason

Jul 15, 2020, 12:45 PM

I didn't think you were married

pigs of wifey?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

No public pigs of Lt Col krzywife allowed

Jul 15, 2020, 12:56 PM

Probably shouldn't call her krzywife though, shít.

yeah weight

Jul 15, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to for some reason ]

when did that happen?

Past December

Jul 15, 2020, 1:22 PM

JOP, was planning on having a wedding celebration this year...but don't think it'll happen thanks to COVID-19.

Replies: 13
| visibility 325
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic