Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With huge Georgia game starting off 2021, do you see Trevor staying for sr season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

With huge Georgia game starting off 2021, do you see Trevor staying for sr season?

Feb 20, 2020, 8:46 AM

I don’t but he would give Tigers a much greater chance to win due to experience.

What say you Tiger?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With huge Georgia game being 1st contest of 2021, do you see Trevor16 staying for senior season?

Feb 20, 2020, 8:49 AM

I don’t think it would have any weight in his decision. It’s not like he hasn’t already played in big games against big opponents. The only additional motivation is it a home state team but I can’t imagine that making any difference. It’s not like they ignored him or treated him poorly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With huge Georgia game starting off 2021, do you see Trevor16 staying for senior season?

Feb 20, 2020, 8:54 AM

I realize that he doesn't seem to be $$ driven, but at some point money has to matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. And DJU will have plenty of experience by then.

Feb 20, 2020, 8:54 AM

And Phommachanh will have plenty of experience by then too if he wins the job.

Barring anything catastrophic this year TL will be the 1st overall draft pick and should not pass that up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: No. And DJU will have plenty of experience by then.

Feb 20, 2020, 8:57 AM

I think it has to do with another Natty. If we win one this year he is gone, if not then I think that opens the door for possible return.

Peyton is his idol

Feb 20, 2020, 9:40 AM [ in reply to No. And DJU will have plenty of experience by then. ]

And Peyton stayed all 4 years.

I have thought he would stay for his SR season ever since he said he wanted to win 3 more National Championships in a row after we smoked Bama in 2018.

3 years is really not enough college.

And its not like he hurts his draft stock it will go from #1 to ummm #1. Make the NFL wait. He loves Clemson and he needs a Heisman.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Peyton didn't win a national championship in his first

Feb 20, 2020, 10:56 AM

3 years. The new CBA could have an effect on his decision ultimately, but under the current CBA if you're going to be the #1 draft pick you should go. And yes, he absolutely could hurt his draft stock with another year in college. He certainly can't improve it if he projected to go #1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: No. And DJU will have plenty of experience by then.

Feb 20, 2020, 9:58 AM [ in reply to No. And DJU will have plenty of experience by then. ]

Most of you cats are missing the boat on these kids...they are a better group and they want to stay to be a part of something special...nothing wrong with that...maybe some of them (Travis) etc. are not driven by money as much as you are...TL has already said he loves it here and would like to break Hunters record!...they may have to run him off!

I'm not missing any boat. I get that some guys love college

Feb 20, 2020, 11:02 AM

and want to stay another year. But Travis will likely make more money by staying for his senior year. If you're going to be the #1 draft pick, and you've already won a national championship, why wait? There's only one way you can when you're #1...down.

is that a serious question Bill?

Feb 20, 2020, 8:56 AM

If he were my kid, he'd leave now if it were permitted.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: With huge Georgia game starting off 2021, do you see Trevor16 staying for senior season?

Feb 20, 2020, 9:00 AM

No. He is the prohibitive favorite to the first overall pick in the 2021 draft. That equates to life changing money for him and his family. No way would he turn that down. Nor should he.

Dabo would insist that he leave in that scenario.

Feb 20, 2020, 10:20 AM

He'll be the #1 pick in the 2021 draft, too. Still life altering money.

Short of an early season-ending injury this year,

Feb 20, 2020, 9:02 AM

I don't see any reason why he would stay for his senior season. I figured it was a universal foregone conclusion from the moment he committed that he'll be heading to the NFL as soon as he's eligible.

Re: Short of an early season-ending injury this year,

Feb 20, 2020, 9:27 AM

If you listen to him he talks about enjoying the college experience so much. I think he will go but as I said if we don't win the natty it will just open the possibility of him staying.

Re: Short of an early season-ending injury this year,

Feb 20, 2020, 9:33 AM

No, and hell no.

Feb 20, 2020, 9:39 AM

Can't see it happening unless he has a really awful junior season, or he just absolutely does not want to play for the NFL team that gets the first pick in the draft next year!

Feb 20, 2020, 9:54 AM

That's one thing people miss on the stay or go question. In 2021, how many pro teams worth playing for will need to draft a QB or even a new back up? Sure don't want to end up drafted to just any team ( Detroit or Cicin ) or like DW on what's supposed to be a good team with a poor oline.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2020, 10:03 AM

This is a question for Dabo to answer, not tnetters. I bet the coaches will have the team ready to play in Charlotte when the time comes. Regardless of WHO in playing QB

no***

Feb 20, 2020, 9:55 AM

Feb 20, 2020, 10:18 AM

DJ will be ready !!

Yes I see Trevor staying.

Feb 20, 2020, 10:42 AM

He hasn't given any signal that he wants to leave. The media is pushing him for it. But until I hear from TL I don't believe he leaves without graduating.

no.***

Feb 20, 2020, 11:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic