Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pete Roussel picks Clemson to win it all this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Pete Roussel picks Clemson to win it all this year

Jun 27, 2014, 3:58 PM

"I believe the Clemson Tigers will defeat Auburn on January 12 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington to claim its first national championship since 1981.

1. Clemson: I watched Clemson in person during their spring game weekend and believe the Tigers have the personnel on the defensive front to beat Georgia, Florida State, and South Carolina. It’s an ultra-talented group capable of playing stout run-defense and consistently affecting the quarterback. Write these names down: Vic Beasley, Corey Crawford, Shaq Lawson, and Grady Jarrett.

Of course, when you think of Clemson, you think of offense. But the Tigers defense gives Clemson a legitimate chance earn a spot in the first-ever college football playoff. Let’s face it, the program took an important step last season by defeating Ohio State in the Orange Bowl and though they lose Tahj Boyd and Sammy Watkins, quarterback Cole Stoudt showed the he is certainly capable of running the show during the Tigers spring game. Although Stoudt will be a first-year starter, he is set to enter his fourth year in Chad Morris’ scheme and has accumulated valuable game experience along the way. In addition, Clemson is solid up front and has bevy of talent on the perimeter.

The marquee games come early and on the road against Georgia and Florida State. Sure, the Seminoles handled Clemson last season in Death Valley, but don’t forget the Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables knows what it takes to beat the Seminoles. Venables was the defensive coordinator at Oklahoma when the Sooners defeated FSU 47-14 in 2010 and 23-13 in 2011. He also helped the Tigers defeat FSU 35-30 in 2012. In addition, the Tigers have recruited wholeheartedly to Morris’ scheme for three straight years. At the end of the day, Clemson has the talent, depth, and head coach to make 2014 a special one."

http://coachingsearch.247sports.com/Article/College-football-national-championship-game-prediction-29364416

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Holy cow at the number of plays that would be run

Jun 27, 2014, 4:02 PM

in that game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Pete Roussel picks Clemson to win it all this year

Jun 27, 2014, 4:07 PM

I totally Agee with Pete!!

Go Tigers!! Simple as that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Me TOO!

Jun 27, 2014, 4:23 PM

Although, I'm not about to cry 'woe is me,' at a loss. It's just not fair to the fans, team and coaching staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2014, 4:26 PM

Jameis Winston just peed his pants.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2014, 4:51 PM

He kind of lost all credibility when he said we won beat FSU in 2012...

^^^ sec ain't gonna like that. BUT I SAY

Jun 27, 2014, 5:01 PM

THE HECK WITH EM. We're closing the gap with the elites and we can play with anybody. Our recruiting further personifies it. SPOT THE DANG BALL!!

(Wait, why am I yelling?)
Hey have a nice, safe weekend gang.

Re: ^^^ sec ain't gonna like that. BUT I SAY

Jun 27, 2014, 5:16 PM

And just who is Pete Rousell? Far too many people are proclaiming greatness for the Tiger D.Granted they will shut down the regular ACC opponents,but, when up against top teams last year, gave up an average of 35 points and the Clemson offense will be hard pressed to keep pace. Clemson will struggle vs UGA, FSU, UNC, USC and Louisville. Also must not overlook Syracuse. They rushed for over 300 yards last year vs the Tigers. It is what it is.

Pete Roussel - You asked

Jun 27, 2014, 5:19 PM

Pete Roussel, founder of Coaching Search Consulting Inc., is a former college football coach who has established a unique trust amongst coaches and athletic directors as a leading consultant.

Through his innovative approach, Pete has established a proven track record of consulting coaches on various branding strategies to achieve greater success with their current position while building the platform to advance professionally.

Leveraging his previous college coaching experience and day-to-day operations with CoachingSearch.com, Pete is regularly sought out by athletic directors, head coaches, coordinators, assistant coaches, and graduate assistants.

After serving on the staffs at Stanford University, Ole Miss, University of Memphis, and Samford University, Pete decided to leverage his experience in the coaching profession to pursue a business focused on helping coaches.

His experience within the coaching profession, research, and insight allow Pete to share a unique perspective. His strategies, information, an intuitive thinking are valued and relied upon. This is part of the reason a vast network of coaches, athletic directors, and agents consider Pete’s pulse on the coaching profession as second to none.

As the owner / operator of the CoachingSearch.com website, Pete is widely recognized as the most trusted source on coaching transactions. He is the only person to assess, evaluate, and report strictly on coaches 365 days a year.

Since 2007, Pete has been instrumental is arranging numerous job interviews for coaches at the college and NFL levels. When assistant coaches need a job or desire professional advancement, they often rely on Pete and his network.

A native of New Orleans, Pete now resides in Nashville, Tennessee. An avid reader of marketing, management, and business philosophy books – Pete recommends several books to coaches including Mavericks at Work, Absolute Impact, Rigged, The Starbucks Experience, Mindset – The New Psychology of Success, Competitive Leadership, and How Good Do You Want To Be?.

Much like Les Miles and Brady Hoke, Pete admittedly has no hobbies. He thoroughly enjoys helping his clients get what they want. He always carries his cell phone, listens to hip-hop music during his daily workout, and once dropped a critical touchdown on 3rd & goal from his high school quarterback Eli Manning.

http://www.coachingsearchconsulting.com/meet-ceo-pete-roussel

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Hey, cluckphuck, we don't play USC

Jun 27, 2014, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^ sec ain't gonna like that. BUT I SAY ]

We play scar. Get it right.

Tell 'em capon

Jun 27, 2014, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^ sec ain't gonna like that. BUT I SAY ]

biased and irrational, yep you are a capon

Just who is this manafold???

Jun 27, 2014, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^ sec ain't gonna like that. BUT I SAY ]

Don't listen to Pete, manafold has spoken... Clemson did give up some yards to better teams but tell me which team doesn't give up yards to better teams. FSU was the only team that shut the Tigers down and that was due to the fact that Tajh turned into a head case. Clemson gave up a bunch of rushing yards to Syracuse but shut their pass offense down, I could care less what they do between the 20's as long as they don't score. At least we don't lose to teams were not supposed to anymore, cough cough Tennessee. Clemson shut down Mike Davis last year he only had I think 22 yards. It was the 4 turnovers in the 4th that did the Tigers in because South Carolina couldn't stop Hot Rod even with the All Mighty Clowney. The UGa game Clemson just gave that last TD to them and BV admitted that it was his fault for going in prevent. The FSU game was an admiration, it was a bad time to play a bad game. The past 3 or 4 years Clemson has proved it can play with any one in the country. While I like Tajh I really believe that he was the downfall of a few games in his career. Nobody thought Clemson was going to win 10 games and the ACC while beating 4 or 5 top 25 teams in 2011 all while starting a new QB and only having months to put Morris' system in being his first year. So while I will say it will be hard for the Tigers to accomplish to think that they can't is being ignorant and quite frankly shows your, manafold, lack of football knowledge. So to you I say "Good day sir" I said "good day"...

Re: Just who is this manafold???

Jun 28, 2014, 10:44 AM

Love the way you used the word ADMIRATION.

Jun 27, 2014, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^ sec ain't gonna like that. BUT I SAY ]

So which are you, Monroe NC or Motor City Bengal.

FYI idgit, all teams give up points on defense when they're playing good offense. See Alabama last year.

You lack the self-awareness to understand how stupid you sound, but that doesn't give you a pass on quoting arbitrary statistics.

Jun 28, 2014, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: ^^^ sec ain't gonna like that. BUT I SAY ]

You're correct Manafold, it is what it is, and it is a CHICKEN or COOT,either way it is the same

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Jul 1, 2014, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^ sec ain't gonna like that. BUT I SAY ]

Jeez, if we are going to struggle on defense and struggle to keep up on offense with all of those teams, I can only image how sorry that South Carolina team will look after losing half of their defense and their only offensive players worth a #### except Mike Davis.

This Guy is as Smart as "The Dude of WVa"***

Jun 27, 2014, 6:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Cole Stoudt the Hero and to be Heisman Trophy winner***

Jun 27, 2014, 9:19 PM

Let's BEAT F$U at their house first....then we talk NC.*

Jun 28, 2014, 9:13 AM

nm

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Let's BEAT GA at their house first... then we talk FSU.***

Jun 28, 2014, 9:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's BEAT F$U at their house first....then we talk NC.*

Jun 28, 2014, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Let's BEAT F$U at their house first....then we talk NC.* ]

For all the outrageous sunshine pumpers, please try to be realistic. Georgia has dominated Clemson since the beginning of time and there is no way this year's version of Tigers can whip the Dawgs in Athens. They are already a two score favorite. The only way FSU doesn't hang 50+ on Clemson is if Jimbo wants to hold down the score. Remember ,this game at FSU. Spurrier has his best team yet and in his tenure, winning at Death Valley has not been much of a problem. For anyone to predict Clemson winning the NC is a little ridiculous. Watch out for UNC,BC, the Cuse, GT and Louisville.

Re: Let's BEAT F$U at their house first....then we talk NC.*

Jul 1, 2014, 11:23 PM

Who is SCar going to stop this year with that defense?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Their D will be like running through a wet napkin...***

Jul 2, 2014, 12:16 AM

Alright, realistically, lamecocks are sad people with

Jul 2, 2014, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's BEAT F$U at their house first....then we talk NC.* ]

nothing better to do than hang around on a board with what you've already observed as an 'unrealistic' group of fans. So spare me the, 'I'm just here to discuss football,' crap...you're just here b/c you have nothing better to do and get a kick out of talking trash. What are you, 12?

I highly doubt you're upsetting people here if that's your goal, you're just making an ### of yourself and reaffirming everyone's opinion of your fanbase....

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic