Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perspective from the Dailyorange...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Perspective from the Dailyorange...

Oct 3, 2018, 10:23 AM

http://dailyorange.com/2018/10/three-plays-led-syracuses-loss-clemson-explained/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

isn't it odd that no one ever mentions the plays that

Oct 3, 2018, 10:28 AM

allowed them to be in the game to begin with

1. Lawrence fumbling in our own territory
2. That ###### muffed punt
3. Lawrence injury
4. Brice interception
5. Curious calls on the first few drives of the second half

So if all the plays in the game go their way then they win. Congrats

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Well it is a Syracuse perspective

Oct 3, 2018, 10:32 AM

If we had lost the Clemson sites would probably be talking about the handful of plays that cost us the game.

You could probably add allowing Dungey to scramble for 9 on 3rd and goal from the 10 after the muffed punt too. Anything less than 8 or 9 yards there and they likely kick the FG to go up 6.

Nope, its not odd

Oct 3, 2018, 11:01 AM [ in reply to isn't it odd that no one ever mentions the plays that ]

It's an article about 3 key plays which, had any of them gone differently, the game likely/possibly ends differently.

Of course the game is often made up of plays that did go your way to get you there (example for us, recovering the first muffed punt), but this was a case of a Syracuse site looking at 3 plays that cost them fairly dearly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Odd is poor choice of words.

Oct 3, 2018, 11:26 AM

But the game is made up of plays. They had a lot go for them. A lot went against them. The games is a sum of all of them. Like life you can never look at one play and think things would have been better/different if I had done one thing.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Sure

Oct 3, 2018, 12:16 PM

But I think a team like Syracuse knew coming in that a number of things had to bounce right for them to pull off the upset. And those things did.

It put them in a situation where they can point to 3 plays that made a big difference (though I'd argue ETN's run wasn't one as it would've just put off the inevitable TD at that point). So yeah, some bounces went there way to get them there, but I can see the interest in breaking down a few plays that didn't go your way that would've made a huge difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but as always its fun to play "what if" i guess***

Oct 3, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Nope, its not odd ]

I didn't take it that way. I took it as 3 plays within their control that could

Oct 3, 2018, 3:04 PM [ in reply to isn't it odd that no one ever mentions the plays that ]

have been different. Dabo preaches to control the things you can.. these 3 plays were all on Syr mental miscues that pivotal to our comeback. I agree with them.
If this were a Clemson article, your points would be valid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Perspective from the Dailyorange...

Oct 3, 2018, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the post. That was an interesting breakdown of three key plays. One was a mistake by a Syracuse player, but the other two were simply great players making great plays.

Oct 3, 2018, 11:11 AM

Our defense rose up in the 2nd half and really made them earn everything they got ... which was next to nothing .
The running game . Etienne , Feaster and Choice were sensational . They all ran with conviction behind an OLine that wanted to mash .

Those two-ish things .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Is Tommy Bowden the author of this??? LOL***

Oct 3, 2018, 12:21 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2018, 1:54 PM

So interesting?? For a football ignoramus like me, having the series of pictures with detailed description is so helpful! Thanks so much for posting.

Oct 3, 2018, 2:49 PM

Interesting the psychological difference in defending a lead in the 4th quarter as Syracuse did and as we did in College Station versus being a freight train coming from behind with desperation as we did Saturday and A&M did to us. When we protect a lead we go into the QB run up the middle 3 times and punt shell versus imposing our will with great urgency when trailing. I would love to see that sense of urgency WITH the lead the rest of the season.

Tu! Great article. Be nice if we could add actual breakdown like this to tnet.***

Oct 3, 2018, 2:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic