Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,673

Perspective

Nov 15, 2015, 12:27 PM

I know that some are disappointed by our performance yesterday. It got me to thinking about 1981 and how our games played out that year. We had a huge win over defending national champ Georgia, then had to travel to the Superdome to face Tulane. We beat Tulane 13 to 5.... not very impressive huh! That same year, we beat NC State 17-7, and Maryland 21-7. Were we a little "off' yesterday, yes, but we will be just fine. Name me one team that went through the season unbeaten that did not have a few close shaves...... GO TIGERS, BEAT WAKE FOREST!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget 10-8...vs. Some guy named Lawrence Taylor***

Nov 15, 2015, 12:35 PM

Lawrence Taylor was already gone. he was a sr in 80***

Nov 15, 2015, 6:00 PM

Re: Perspective

Nov 15, 2015, 12:38 PM

2013 FSU beat down everyone they played except the Championship game.
But I'm very very very happy to be 10-0.
I rather have a off game vs a bad team and win than it happen vs a team that could beat us.

Nov 15, 2015, 12:44 PM

And the undefeated 2012 Ohio State Buckeyes won two games in overtime and another game by a single point. Does that championship count less than FSUs?

Message was edited by: viztiz®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2015, 12:48 PM

Ohio St didn't win chit in 2012 so I say FSUs was better.

Nov 15, 2015, 4:38 PM

Alright - you got me. I was just looking up undefeated seasons and forgot they were dq'd that year. So, you have to go all the way back to 2010 for an undefeated D1 FBS champion. An Auburn team that 4 games were decided by one possession or less, needed overtime to beat a 6-7 Clemson team at home, and a 1 point win against Alabama. 3 of the last five National Champions had a loss on the way. So how is it not deliberately negative to contrast our accomplishments against what FSU did in 2013. It's totally unnecessary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the luckiest to ever make the NC game was Auburn in

Nov 15, 2015, 4:46 PM

2013. I think they had close ones all year, but who could forget their last two wins, against UGA and Bama. They had a horseshoe up their butt in 2013. I said then, they had enough luck that year to last a lifetime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2013 FSU was an anomaly. I can't remember ever seeing such

Nov 15, 2015, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Perspective ]

a dominant team play.

Re: 2013 FSU was an anomaly. I can't remember ever seeing such

Nov 15, 2015, 12:50 PM

I'm not taking nothing away from the Tigers win and it takes some luck to win it all.
But the U had some dominated teams as well as Nebraska.

Nov 15, 2015, 5:44 PM

I agree. It's just a part of football, and we see those kinds of games week in and week out. Things happen.

Another angle worth considering is how much pressure those young men are under. The pressure of trying to remain undefeated. The pressure of being number one, and trying to stay there. Pressure from fans, the media, family, friends, and the pressure they put on themselves. Academic pressure.

The coaches can only do so much in advising them on how to handle the pressure, but then, it is out of their hands, and it is up to the players. Some of us need to remember that these are young men, and no matter how mature they might seem, or how "cool" they might seem, they are still young men going through the long process of maturing.

They aren't perfect, nor should we expect them to be. They work hard, and they are doing a #### of a job. Keep rolling Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,673
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic