Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Personally I'm proud of what I did at lunch. Went to KFC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Personally I'm proud of what I did at lunch. Went to KFC

Jan 30, 2015, 1:20 PM

and saw a little 2 year old girl and her granddaddy. I spoke and played with her for a minute or two while we waited to order. When her grandaddy ordered, his card was declined. They tried several times to no avail. It took me a second to realize what was happening and when I turned around and saw both of their expressions of disappointment, my heart wouldn't let that little girl leave without a meal and an apple pie. God blessed me when I left with the show of gratitude on both faces. Our little girl, Huntley, would have been five on 2-7. :(

Please be kind to others regardless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone should be proud of that display of kindness

Jan 30, 2015, 1:31 PM

I hope God has eased your pain as much as possible and the world needs a lot more people that will step out of there comfort zone to be kind to others!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Thank you for your kindness!***

Jan 30, 2015, 1:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who's cutting the onions?

Jan 30, 2015, 1:36 PM

Cause that has to be the reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or allergies.***

Jan 30, 2015, 3:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Who's cutting the onions?

Jan 30, 2015, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Who's cutting the onions? ]

Yeah the onion is strong

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe she''ll still be '5' in heaven..smiling too at Dad***

Jan 30, 2015, 1:55 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe she''ll still be '5' in heaven..smiling too at Dad***

Jan 30, 2015, 2:26 PM

Me too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ .***

Jan 30, 2015, 2:27 PM [ in reply to I believe she''ll still be '5' in heaven..smiling too at Dad*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Personally I'm proud of what I did at lunch. Went to KFC

Jan 30, 2015, 2:26 PM

God blessed you a lot by your display of kindness and compassion. So sorry you lost a daughter. I can't imagine that, and I have a daughter and 2 little grand daughters, so I know how precious little girls are. God has blessed you, though, with the ability to spread joy to others, and that is not only a blessing to them, but a very special blessing to you each time you do it. Thanks for your kindness to others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you will never walk away feeling bad when you do good for

Jan 30, 2015, 2:33 PM

others

There's a seat reserved for you in heaven

Jan 30, 2015, 2:37 PM

Right beside your daughter.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I hope so. Can't wait to see her.***

Jan 30, 2015, 2:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2015, 2:43 PM

You're a good dude.

Thanks Dude!!

Jan 30, 2015, 2:55 PM

;)

Kudos***

Jan 30, 2015, 2:57 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Jan 30, 2015, 3:19 PM

IDK, people get used to handouts. you are going to end up having grandparents and children thinking they deserve food.

;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Bro!

Jan 30, 2015, 3:21 PM

People like you restore my faith in humanity! I personally love to hear stories like this. I know 100% I would have done the same thing. Heart broken for your loss no matter how long ago it was also.

God bless you and your family!

Aiki

I thought this story was gonna be about eating chicken.

Jan 30, 2015, 3:25 PM

But this was much better.

TU.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2015, 3:46 PM

Your daughter is very proud of you.

Jan 30, 2015, 5:20 PM

Good deal brother, my daughter came home the other day saying she did the same thing. A old lady at food lion didn't have enough money to pay for all her groceries. Logan said she was short like 10 bucks and was trying to figure out what to put back. My daughter paid the difference. I was so proud that a 20 yr old would even care enough to help some one in need.

Jan 30, 2015, 6:19 PM

That is awesome!!!!

Muy bueno***

Jan 30, 2015, 5:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muchas Gracias!!***

Jan 30, 2015, 6:20 PM

"do a good turn daily"

Jan 30, 2015, 6:31 PM

I try to still live by that!

It feels good to help people truly in need...I try to do what I can when the moments arrive, whether it's picking up a hitchhiker, giving someone who's hungry food, helping students in need with shelter & a place to live, even financial support (or not riding them about rent & bills), or just being someone to talk to & trust.

It feels awesome, even though sometimes people take advantage....the man upstairs knows where the heart is & I feel that it will be rewarded with salvation & hopefully make up for the stupid selfish things we've done.
grow up & get better with wisdom & compassion....

Jan 30, 2015, 5:55 PM

I realized years ago that God only gives us so many opportunities to do acts of kindness. When you see the opportunity, you must seize that moment and not only deliver the expected, but surpass their expectations. When you get my age and realize how many opportunities that you failed to do those things, it will leave an empty feeling in your soul. Great job in your moment of opportunity. It really is better to give than to receive.

That is a truly good deed.

Jan 30, 2015, 7:15 PM

You are a good man.

What am I supposed to do when I want to TU

Jan 30, 2015, 7:26 PM

and everything is already 100%?

Thats Great.....Good Man

Jan 30, 2015, 7:31 PM

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

good going, tiger.***

Jan 30, 2015, 7:31 PM

A man with a gentle and kind heart will always be held in

Jan 30, 2015, 8:33 PM

high esteem and favor.

The responses from your fellow TigerNetters are proof of that. We're proud of you!

Message was edited by: hartins®

and it will make you feel better than the people you helped,

Jan 30, 2015, 8:39 PM

which is worth more than the price of whatever food y'all got. it's amazing how that works. good going and way to represent!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2015, 9:18 PM

You sound like a nice man and I can't believe the hurt you must continue to go through on a daily basis. God Bless You and your Family

Jan 30, 2015, 9:30 PM

Post of the day. I pray that tour heart will continue to heal as you bless others.

Three words describe this.

Jan 30, 2015, 9:36 PM

This is Clemson.

Jan 30, 2015, 9:41 PM

WONDERFUL!! THANK YOU!!that kind of thing shows just what kind of person U are!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2015, 9:49 PM

Good job buddy!

Always PAY IT FORWARD!

Great motto to live by!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jan 30, 2015, 9:55 PM

You made my day and God Bless.

Jan 30, 2015, 10:41 PM

> and saw a little 2 year old girl and her granddaddy.
> I spoke and played with her for a minute or two
> o while we waited to order. When her grandaddy
> ordered, his card was declined. They tried several
> times to no avail. It took me a second to realize
> what was happening and when I turned around and saw
> both of their expressions of disappointment, my heart
> wouldn't let that little girl leave without a meal
> and an apple pie. God blessed me when I left with
> the show of gratitude on both faces. Our little
> girl, Huntley, would have been five on 2-7. :(
>
> Please be kind to others regardless.

Too many in this world experience loss and become angry and self-absorbed. It is a human thing and very understandable. But sometimes people bring hope and light to others in spite of their own pain. You are one of those rare people. Thank you for sharing that today. I love knowing that people like you are out there so that I can try, however feebly, to live up to your example. God Bless you and your family good man.

Jan 30, 2015, 10:48 PM

What a wonderful and heartfelt gesture. We experienced something like that with an elderly lady at Bi-lo she didn't have enough money and was so embarrassed she just left her groceries. I paid while my daughter chased her down in the parking lot and loaded her groceries. Needless to say there were rear abound. Your daughter is so proud of her Daddy

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 30, 2015, 10:56 PM

As a proud dad of a 10 day old little girl I can't imagine what you and your family have gone through. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. You will be blessed for your actions today stay strong!

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!!!! I don't

Jan 31, 2015, 9:56 AM

know the name of the song, but it is a Christian song about a father who describes dancing with "Cinderella" as his little girl grows up. Makes me shed a few tears every time I hear it. I wish you and your family a wonderful life together. Kids change you for the better.

dancing with cinderella steven curtis chapman

Jan 31, 2015, 10:05 AM

check out the song.

Jan 31, 2015, 1:46 AM

I do know exactly how you feel from the heart when you do things like that. I have a serious weakness for feeding homeless folks here in cootlumbia that hang out around these fast food joints. The ones that are begging money at a burger joint I give nothing to, they should have ask for a burger if they were hungry. But the ones that are standing around that I think is hoping someone will get them something to eat without them asking for money, I will always bring them out the biggest burger that they sell. The appreciative looks they have on their faces is worth every dime of it....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A loss of a child is very hard and giving back to others is

Jan 31, 2015, 6:37 AM

a very strong healer.

Sorry for your loss. I know she is constantly around you to give comfort and always in your heart.

Amazing how little kids make us better adults no matter how much time we have with them.

oh my gosh, there goes the eyes. sweating again......***

Jan 31, 2015, 6:39 AM

Re: oh my gosh, there goes the eyes. sweating again......***

Jan 31, 2015, 8:06 AM

understand that! mine did the same thing!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you dont mind my asking....how did you

Jan 31, 2015, 7:51 AM

Lose Huntley?
Can I use yo your post as an illustration Sunday?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Her brain didn't develop properly. She wouldn't have had

Jan 31, 2015, 9:46 AM

much of a life. We could have kept her on life-support but we decided we would our little girl to live instead of exist. She survived 18 days before the diagnosis was know and we made a decision. We offered some of her organs to help other kids in the NICU but she was too small. Huntley left us but God replaced her with our son and he is a joy. Everybody just loves him.

You are welcome to use my post tomorrow.

Jan 31, 2015, 10:08 AM

Not to distract from your good deed, but this is the highest point total in 1 post that I've seen. +1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2015, 12:23 PM

That's b/c Tigers have huge hearts. And big hearts are never greedy!!!

Sometimes, I remember why I check this board every day.

Jan 31, 2015, 12:29 PM

Thank you for your deed as well as sharing it. As one who has suffered tragic losses myself, I pray that the Lord blesses you.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic