Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perry Noble has cancer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 101
| visibility 1

Perry Noble has cancer

Jan 30, 2014, 2:09 PM

I did not misspell is. Its on his FB pg

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this will make a lot of lungers happy***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wait I think he's cured

Jan 30, 2014, 2:11 PM

its before and after pics....####!

Could be karma***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:12 PM [ in reply to this will make a lot of lungers happy*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't say I'm "happy".

Jan 30, 2014, 2:34 PM [ in reply to this will make a lot of lungers happy*** ]

But I also don't think Perry Noble is a good person, and if there is a finite amount of cancer to be allotted and passed around, there are a lot of people I would hate to see cancerous before Perry Noble.

How's that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We'll allow it***

Jan 31, 2014, 8:32 AM

he must've been sinning***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correction....he HAD cancer.

Jan 30, 2014, 2:14 PM

Skin cancer that is....my grandmother has it removed once a week.

I'm sure he prayed it away....but all those millions he makes probably helped too at the doctors.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are sick***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the money scheme he and these other mega church

Jan 30, 2014, 2:18 PM

pastors are running on unknowing church members is sick, as is the harassment and other nonsense his minions do to others in the community.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^DING DING DING!***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:20 PM

Re: ^^^DONG! DONG! DONG!***

I don't think people actually get joy from anyone getting

Jan 30, 2014, 2:17 PM

the big C (not that C, TXTF).

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cam likes to feel like he is the only decent person here

Jan 30, 2014, 2:18 PM

The rest of us are just too stupid to understand.

Why doesn't he ever go after the hot one?

Jan 30, 2014, 2:19 PM

Nomsayin?

He fears your spicy sauce***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:20 PM

I don't think I said everyone would feel that way

Jan 30, 2014, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Cam likes to feel like he is the only decent person here ]

But you can just look at a few of the posts in this thread and see that I'm right.

Your definition of A lot is pretty liberal***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:25 PM

It's nearly everyone in this thread

Jan 30, 2014, 2:29 PM

But now we're quibbling over how many is a lot?

Whatever makes you feel morally superior I guess

Jan 30, 2014, 2:32 PM

That's what a lot must mean.

That's ironic

Jan 30, 2014, 2:35 PM

since most of the crap people write about Noble on here looks, to me, like those people trying to make themselves feel morally superior.

It is interesting how quickly folks feel the need to personally attack somebody they don't even know on the internet, though.

Wow, irony at it's finest

Jan 30, 2014, 2:36 PM

If you look down a few posts and see you calling someone a liar...that you don't even know.

I personally know Perry....

Jan 30, 2014, 2:37 PM [ in reply to That's ironic ]

he was my RHS at Anderson.

Don't talk shat when you have no clue.

Do you personally talk as much shat to him as you talk here?***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:38 PM

Nope because I live no where near Anderson now....

Jan 30, 2014, 2:39 PM

and don't care to have ghey #### mailed to my home once a week.

But I'm sure you don't know that story either.

Then what difference does it make that he was your RHA?

Jan 30, 2014, 2:53 PM

As if that gives you some sort of great insight into Newspring. I defend Noble because I went to Newspring for a couple of years and didn't see anything wrong with it. Some people don't like mega- churches, and that's fine, but I find it hard to believe that these guys who grew these churches from a few families meeting in an Anderson College auditorium ever thought it would somehow make them rich.

They may very well have not thought it would make them rich

Jan 30, 2014, 2:57 PM

and, it shouldn't have. Perhaps, in the beginning, they were just trying to milk a few sandwiches.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the plan wasn't to get rich

Jan 30, 2014, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Then what difference does it make that he was your RHA? ]

Whey is Noble always consulted on strategy to grow mega-churches...by other people setting up mega-churches. Seems like people in his industry trust his "growth" vision.

Hey, Perry! How can we get us one of those money makers?

Jan 30, 2014, 3:02 PM

Perry - Put me on a payroll and, I'll tell ya.

That's how the apostles did it.***

Jan 30, 2014, 3:02 PM

That actually kind of is how the early church did it

Jan 30, 2014, 3:07 PM

They worked together with other leaders of the church (bishops and arch- bishops, at the time) to learn how to do deal with certain problems, whether theological or ecclesiastical. I would imagine that popular preachers also gave some advice to other popular preachers on how to deal with their growing following.

"Actually", how much did the churches pay them?***

Jan 30, 2014, 3:12 PM

Look, the advice is free

Jan 30, 2014, 3:13 PM

but It's going to cost you a few hundred bucks to get into the building.

Not charging for the beer, but the cup is $15.00***

Jan 30, 2014, 3:15 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure, but they were paid

Jan 30, 2014, 3:25 PM [ in reply to "Actually", how much did the churches pay them?*** ]

The first apostles obviously weren't because there was no church. And I don't believe it's Biblical to deny the church, either, because Christ said that the church was his bride.

I said apostles, not bishops and the like.

Jan 30, 2014, 3:15 PM [ in reply to That actually kind of is how the early church did it ]

but whatevs

Peter was supposedly the first bishop***

Jan 30, 2014, 3:25 PM

I'm just looking at the original works in the NT

Jan 30, 2014, 3:46 PM

But, hey why bother with that stuff?

That's what it says in the NT...

Jan 30, 2014, 3:53 PM

Referring to Peter, Jesus says "upon this rock I will build my church." Peter, of course, was known as "the rock."

So are you saying that the church is superfluous?

That's not what he said. The Rock is

Jan 30, 2014, 3:57 PM

Peter's answer "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." The rock is Christ.

That is one way of interpreting that

Jan 30, 2014, 5:59 PM

and certainly not the only valid way.

Maybe bc they think reaching ppl for Christ is important?

Jan 30, 2014, 3:03 PM [ in reply to If the plan wasn't to get rich ]

My guess is that he's consulted because people think he's done a good job managing a church that grew exponentially.

By the way, how do you "set- up a megachurch?" There's no way to know if some small community is going to grow into a megachurch. He's consulted by people who's churches are growing into megachurches.

I'm not gonna pass judgement on him.

Jan 30, 2014, 3:05 PM

He's a slimeball.

Or people with mega-churches

Jan 30, 2014, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Maybe bc they think reaching ppl for Christ is important? ]

Ask him where to build new mega churches. The answer...find the rich white people, build the church there. It's all about demographics.

Re: Maybe bc they think reaching ppl for Christ is important?

Jan 30, 2014, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Maybe bc they think reaching ppl for Christ is important? ]

http://fbcjaxwatchdog.blogspot.com/2012/03/perry-noble-and-friends-to-teach.html

reaching ppl for Christ is important?????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 30, 2014, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Maybe bc they think reaching ppl for Christ is important? ]

My post from earlier in the week....

What takes priority....afterlife #### or #### on earth?

http://newspring.cc/changemyfinances

I've always wondered why Christians and their churches spend anytime on anything other than saving souls when they believe that anyone that doesn't believe will spend their afterlife in an ETERNITY in ####?

How could you sleep at night knowing billions more are going to ####, than they are to heaven?

I use NS as an example because every Sunday Perry advertises on buddybook the amount of people saved at his church. (although I do realize the majority of churches are like this but they don't advertise their #s)

If I truly believed every person that didn't "believe" was going to ####....I would spend every waking second saving as many souls as possible from the "afterlife ####"

BUT I don't believe that....so for me its important to do as much as I can to save people from their #### here on earth...which is what the above sermon series from NS does. But it just seems way off from their "actual mission".

Would love to hear some thoughts...not trying to have a troll/argument...its something I've always thought about and that bothers me about Christianity. So how and where's the balance...and how do you justify it?

Because that's not all Christians believe

Jan 30, 2014, 3:22 PM

Christians also believe that they need to worship God in the way that they live, and that the church should be a foretaste of the Kingdom of God that's coming. So there's no reason why your finances should be outside of your worship, just like there's no reason why your sex life should be outside your worship, or the way you treat other people should be outside of it.

Remember, Christianity isn't merely a spiritual doctrine that teaches that your life and your body are things that you can overcome. That would be stoicism. Rather, Christianity is incarnational because God became man in history. So if we neglect our Earthly lives and bodies, we're neglecting something crucial to who we are- important enough that God would inhabit it. Christians believe that our bodies, our history, will be redeemed, not that "reaching people for Christ" just means getting them to heaven.

Rather than one or the other, the more orthodox Christian understanding is that the way we live is indicative of where our treasure is. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't value earthly things, but it does mean that we should value them with a view towards worshipping God rather than letting those things be our highest good. So there really isn't any contradiction between "reaching people for Christ" and "saving people from their hell here on earth."

So if you live a life of materialism

Jan 30, 2014, 3:23 PM

They should worship in a church centered around the same. Got it, makes sense, I agree.

Wha?

Jan 30, 2014, 3:27 PM

As even gotigers said, NewSpring isn't centered around materialism. He seems confused that they would even offer advice on how people should arrange their earthly lives.

Wha?

Jan 30, 2014, 3:28 PM

WE'RE GIVING AWAY A HARLEY DAVIDSON! BURN IT, AT THE ALTER!

See Blueridge I know we've have or differences

Jan 30, 2014, 3:31 PM

but I have always believed we could have a few beers together...as long as we didn't talk politics (which I tend to avoid in real life, as I find it obnoxious).

ditto***

Jan 30, 2014, 3:33 PM

Do you not find it the slightest bit distasteful

Jan 30, 2014, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Wha? ]

That people become rich telling the story of a poor man, who, you know, if he really wanted to, could have been a rich man?

/thread***

Jan 30, 2014, 3:32 PM

More than you know

Jan 30, 2014, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Do you not find it the slightest bit distasteful ]

I don't begrudge anyone making money. I don't think money in itself is evil, and certainly think that a leader can lead best if he doesn't have to worry about where his next meal is coming from.

However, from an abstract view it strikes me as odd that so many don't, for a second, pause to wonder how speaking the message of Grace should ever be cause for some of the incredible salaries some are paid. I don't judge them for being paid whatever folks are willing to pay them, but I question the wisdom of doing so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially, when that person hasn't even been to seminary.***

Jan 30, 2014, 3:36 PM

That's one of the things that bothers my pastor about Perry

Jan 30, 2014, 3:38 PM

He's not even educated enough to know what he's talking about.

Would make a GREAT Dr. Pepper commercial.

I always hear people wanting to live a Christ centered life

Jan 30, 2014, 3:42 PM [ in reply to More than you know ]

Christ was a poor man that did most of his work with the poor, outcast, and diseased. He could have easily set up a nice church and charge the rich for healing and miracles. Instead he strapped on his sandals and wandered the roads, working with those who had no way to monetarily compensate him. Christ was a great man who chose a life of poverty and rejected worldly possessions, or at least, that's how I've always seen him.

I agree, I don't expect preachers to wander the streets, but man, when you make church about funding and building, it just doesn't seem to correlate with the Christ in the bible.

This is the problem with money

Jan 30, 2014, 3:52 PM

People get really touchy when anybody talks about it, especially if anybody talks about there being a duty to give. But, in my experience, churches that avoid talking about tithing and giving, or that don't ever have building funding drives, end up in pretty dire financial straits. Then, when they do talk about those things, a few people get indignant and talk about the issue like "funding and building" are the only things they've ever heard at the church.

I also think it's far too easy a defense mechanism for those who are too attached to their own money to raise poverty up as if it were the real message of Christianity rather than communion with God through Christ.

Ehh, I go to a church that sends out pledge cards

Jan 30, 2014, 4:02 PM

They have a building fund, they discuss the budget, but they don't hold seminars on how to tap into big money donors, and while they do try and attract new members, they don't have a Harley give away. I know about 80% of the people at the church and have gone to dinner with the priest (it's a woman, I know, sacrilege) on several occasions. While I don't have much money to donate, I donate my time and talents in the kitchen. The priest lives in a nice house, but is no better or worse off than most of the people in the parish. Also, she has two associate priests who also give sermons. Anyway, the church isn't about her, it's about the people in the church, which is nice.

This, I can agree with

Jan 30, 2014, 3:47 PM [ in reply to More than you know ]

My dad's a music minister, and the church pays him a modest salary. Not enough to be rich, but enough to be middle class in a pretty expensive area. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would complain that he makes too much if his salary were published and if he were as prominent as Perry Noble. But he's always gone out of his way to spend modestly, which means not buying cars he could afford, not buying the biggest house, etc.

My intuition is that the if the church were larger (it's a pretty large church where around 1000 people come on a given Sunday), they would probably pay their pastors more in proportion to the giving. Anyway, I have a hard time judging how much some of these pastors make because I don't know what they're doing with the money. There's also the fact that all of these guys tithe 10% and probable give more back to the church.

As you say, and as my dad would attest, it would seem wise to keep pastor salaries modest if only to avoid the appearance of impropriety and to decrease opportunity for resentment.

Sometimes, yes

Jan 30, 2014, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Do you not find it the slightest bit distasteful ]

But what I usually find is that people use the money issue to put a wedge between them and whatever's actually being preached. I could care less how much money somebody makes as long as they're putting it to good use, which means they're worshipping God with it.

I understand the distrust people have for large churches with lots of money, but I don't think the fact that they have lots of money means they're corrupt. For instance, every once in a while somebody will come along who suggests that the Vatican sell of its property. But wouldn't that detract from their actual mission of being the church of God on Earth? The church isn't just here to make sure people have comfortable lives. Christianity isn't only about social justice, and in fact it wouldn't be able to accomplish much of what it does in terms of social justice if the church stopped taking on money.

You want to use the Vatican as your example???

Jan 30, 2014, 3:39 PM

That's the most corrupt organization in the world...ever.

Well... there you go.

Jan 30, 2014, 3:55 PM

If you believe that, then you've already got a preconceived notion that churches are corrupt. That's not coming from a place of good will.

My preconceived notion is personal but I know a lot about

Jan 30, 2014, 3:56 PM

the Vatican as well.

Didnt I read where Noble is building a 16,000 sq ft home?

Jan 30, 2014, 4:00 PM

he really is using all that money to praise god and for the people that need saving.

That was Noble's buddy, Furtick, in Charlotte.

Jan 30, 2014, 9:13 PM

Article also stated that mega church salaries averaged $500k

I'm not confused....I just think its ridiculous to "claim"

Jan 30, 2014, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Wha? ]

to be about "soul saving"....then preach on finances....and also be VERY materialistic as a church....instead of using the majority of money raised to change people's "hell on earth".

Further, if you REALLY believed it, who cares about what happens to them for their little stint here on earth when talking about ETERNITY! They should be walking the streets saving people 24/7.

How are they very materialistic?***

Jan 30, 2014, 3:54 PM

Perhaps you missed all the give away goodies at Christmas.

Jan 30, 2014, 5:11 PM

And I dunno, the rest of their flashy unneeded equipment.

That hardly established their materialism***

Jan 30, 2014, 6:00 PM

It really doesn't make a difference...you're the one saying

Jan 30, 2014, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Then what difference does it make that he was your RHA? ]

it does.

Either way...I have plenty of insight into NS and how behind the scenes work for churches.

Its disgusting how hypocritical they are.

It's not about trying to feel morally superior, it's about

Jan 30, 2014, 2:37 PM [ in reply to That's ironic ]

seeing through the unbelievably transparent nature of the con. Institutions like Newspring can become dangerous, and I don't think it's out of line to call a spade a spade.

That's fine, but do it with an argument...

Jan 30, 2014, 2:39 PM

Which you have at least tried to do, even if I disagree with you. Most of what gets posted here is either character assassination based on opinions or just making fun of the guy. Then, of course, we have the folks who don't like having it pointed out that they're being ridiculous, so they turn this whole thing into a contest over who wants to feel the most morally superior.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

I JUST THANK MOTHRA THAT I AM MORALLY SUPERIOR.***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:44 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I couldn't care less about moral superiority, my disgust

Jan 30, 2014, 2:55 PM [ in reply to That's fine, but do it with an argument... ]

with Newspring began with it's members. The sickening obsession with the church and Perry was what initially threw up red flags to me, which if you want to be in a cult, by all means. Then after reading about his minions harassment of that professor, and a few first hand accounts from various people in the area it was obvious what's going on.

I'll tell you one story in particular that showed me his true colors...Long story short, guy had cancer, was out in Arizona or something for treatment, when it was clear he wasn't going to make it, he decided to fly home to be with his children/wife towards the end. Was flying coach and Perry Noble was on the flight. The guy was obviously in bad condition, couldn't walk well, etc. and Noble stopped and said a few words to him, and promptly high tailed it on back to first class. To me, that's not something a true man of god would do...A true pastor who cared about people would have given up that cushy first class seat and let the dying man have as much comfort as possible on his last flight.

How the F are you right?

Jan 30, 2014, 2:29 PM [ in reply to I don't think I said everyone would feel that way ]

You are a blind idiot.

This dude posts on his FB page to gather sympathy for something my Grandmother deals with literally once a month.

So what he had to change his lifestyle of tanning 3 times a week?

I really hate cancer....and actually think it sucks that it happened to him...but just like everything else in his life he uses it for personal gain.

I doubt you actually think it sucks

Jan 30, 2014, 2:32 PM

But I don't doubt that you go out of your way to be an a- hole on tigernet.

He says he thinks it sucks

Jan 30, 2014, 2:34 PM

but I guess you are the moral arbiter of this forum. So I guess he his words can't be trusted if you decide it so.

No, obviously you're the moral arbiter of this forum***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:35 PM

I'm not calling anyone a liar, now am I?***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:36 PM

Because you're morally superior, right?

Jan 30, 2014, 2:37 PM

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Or we could not get personal.

Hey, I'm not getting personal

Jan 30, 2014, 2:38 PM

I don't believe I've called anyone an A-hole liar recently. Can you say the same/

Of course you wouldn't do that

Jan 30, 2014, 2:40 PM

Whatever makes you feel morally superior.

Geez Cam

Jan 30, 2014, 2:40 PM

Truth hurts the feels a little, huh?

Obviously

Jan 30, 2014, 2:41 PM

That's why you continue to post in this thread.

As do you***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:42 PM

He protects Perry like he's his daddy.

Jan 30, 2014, 2:43 PM

or lover.

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP!***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Obviously ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's on, we need to find a neutral waffle house parking lot

Jan 30, 2014, 2:42 PM

and settle this,

I'll bring the kiddie pool of jello.***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:44 PM

It better be cherry***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:45 PM

no need

Jan 30, 2014, 2:45 PM [ in reply to I'll bring the kiddie pool of jello.*** ]

I've got several strategically stashed at waffle house locations within a 300 mile radius of G'ville.

Well, find me the one with the cherry jello

Jan 30, 2014, 2:47 PM

I refuse to wrestle in lime or orange.

Re: Of course you wouldn't do that

Jan 30, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Of course you wouldn't do that ]

BEWM SIZZLE***

Jan 30, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Of course you wouldn't do that ]

I don't wish ill will on him or anyone....

Jan 30, 2014, 2:35 PM [ in reply to I doubt you actually think it sucks ]

I DEFINITELY disagree with his theology and how he schemes people out of money.

Not true. There was one woman I celebrated getting cancer

Jan 30, 2014, 2:19 PM [ in reply to I don't think people actually get joy from anyone getting ]

It's just too bad she didn't die. She deserved every bit of it.

God hates false prophets

Jan 30, 2014, 2:17 PM

and crazy people.

Re: and gays***

Jan 31, 2014, 8:35 AM

Re: boom sizzle***

Jan 31, 2014, 8:35 AM