Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

YOUR BALANCE
Perplexing question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Perplexing question

Nov 27, 2018, 7:19 PM

If OSU and OU both win dominantly this weekend do you think that ND gets left out? They've had 5 1 score games and OSU beat a Michigan team that was playing much better than they were at the beginning of the year MUCH more convincingly but OSU holds a bad loss but could redeem that with a big 10 championship possibly. OU has the best offense by the numbers in the history of CFB in which nobody can stop so far. Could you see ND left out even as they sit undefeated?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perplexing question

Nov 27, 2018, 7:25 PM

No chance, they’re ratings gold. They’re in no matter what happens around them

Nov 27, 2018, 7:29 PM

Another vote for no chance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if they were an oregon it could happen

Nov 27, 2018, 7:30 PM

but since they notre dame no way that happesn

Re: if they were an oregon it could happen

Nov 27, 2018, 7:51 PM

ND writes their own rule that everybody else has to go by as it looks to be!!! That's right, they take and eat their cake refusing to share!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 7:47 PM

My personal feeling are that ND should not be considered as long as they don't have a conference supporting them, or without a conference championship game. Independent teams are not a power 5 team, therefore they don't belong in the power 5 conference playoffs in no way shape or form!!!UCF Knights are in an FBS conference that can't get into the power 5 FB playoffs, so why should ND be given a free pass to the power 5 playoffs when the UCF plays and wins their conference championship, and they will not be let in. If ND refuses to join a power 5 conference so to keep all their network contract money all to them selves, then they should be kept out of the power 5 conference playoffs. ND can give them selves a National Championship trophy the same way as UCF does!!! Maybe NBC will give them one, and like UCF, the trophy will never be recognized as an equal to a power 5 conference NCT!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 1:29 AM

Because ND actually played a schedule that included 10 P5 teams. Lol UCF deserves it more because they play in a conference and have to play a 2nd game against Memphis? Ok...

I don’t like ND but they played a schedule that included 5 ACC teams in addition to Michigan, Stanford, USC, and Northwestern. Yes a few teams on their schedule had down years, but it’s not like they played a bunch of nobodies.

Nov 28, 2018, 3:40 AM

Exactly. Plus, they are one of the owners of CFP, LLC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just two words:

Nov 27, 2018, 8:35 PM

Vatican Gold

Re: Just two words:

Nov 27, 2018, 10:10 PM

They and Alabama have a special rule: Just get close and you are in...No Conference Championship needed!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just hoping this doesn't end up as a

Nov 27, 2018, 10:36 PM

Cluster Florida University Central Knights.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Oklahoma can pass them with a good win. The thing

Nov 27, 2018, 10:36 PM

with Ohio State is that Purdue loss, along with the Maryland game. Even if they absolutely lay the lumber to NW, they probably end up 5th. I would not be surprised at all with Alabama-ND and Clemson-OK as the two semi-finals.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame is college football royalty

Nov 28, 2018, 1:37 AM

and a win for Clemson in the 1st round of playoffs. Expect to see them soon.

So I am all in on welcoming the Irish to their demise. Clemson 45 - Irish 17. Hello Bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic