Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have reached a new era of acceptance of BB mediocrity...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

We have reached a new era of acceptance of BB mediocrity...

Mar 24, 2019, 2:53 AM

Judge Keller® is arguing how hard it is to get into the NIT

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Youre-still-downplaying-how-much-harder-the-NIT-is-25233608#25233608

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have reached a new era of acceptance of BB mediocrity...

Mar 24, 2019, 4:00 AM

I was with him until he said it was harder to get into the NIT than the NCAA Tourny

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NIT is the community college of post season tourneys

Mar 24, 2019, 4:47 AM

You can get in with a 2.0 GPA and a 800 SAT score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NIT is the community college of post season tourneys

Mar 24, 2019, 5:23 AM

The word mediocrity is reserved for the entire men's programs at usuck, not Clemson. Enough with the Brownell bashing. This crap is getting old.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 9:43 AM

Being disappointed every year is getting tiring as well.

Mar 26, 2019, 6:33 AM

Cry me a river. Clemson is a football school. Period. Brownell has won 20+ games the last two years. All the whining and crying here on the board isn't gonna change the coach, all it does make you look sour. I'm gonna hate to see this board when Dabo loses a game or two during a season. This board will explode.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2019, 8:08 AM

" I'm gonna hate to see this board when Dabo loses a game or two during a season. This board will explode. "

I respectfully disagree with this statement. We all know that even the BEST teams lose sometimes.

I think most that compare BBall to jobs (those unrelated to sports) think of it as a BUSINESS, at least that's how I look at it. If MY performance during my 40+ years in business produced at the level that CBB has produced, then I would have been fired from EVERY job I ever held. CLEMSON does treat it like a business though, and knows that they can get by having a weak BBall team as long as the other sports are successful. The fans might moan and complain, but they will remain faithful and allow the mediocrity to continue. It is just BUSINESS.

Mar 26, 2019, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: The NIT is the community college of post season tourneys ]

I good lawdy we flunked out of community college. On to cosmetology school!

Mar 24, 2019, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: We have reached a new era of acceptance of BB mediocrity... ]

Technically the odds of getting into the NIT are less than getting into the NCAA tournament. 68 teams get into the NCAA, while only 32 get into the NIT. To get into the NIT you must have a good season, but not so good that you get invited to the NCAA. For Clemson, there are probably only two or three games at most that make the difference between getting into the NCAA vs not making the NIT. That's a pretty small window to try to hit.

So it's hard to suck enough to miss the NCAA but not enough

Mar 24, 2019, 10:46 AM

to miss the Nit? Sounds like mediocrity to me

Re: i was with him

Mar 24, 2019, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: We have reached a new era of acceptance of BB mediocrity... ]

So IYO he used one flawed argument, and that's why you changed sides to join the bullies?

I hope you find a backbone one day.

I never said that.***

Mar 24, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: We have reached a new era of acceptance of BB mediocrity... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

no, no you didn't***

Mar 26, 2019, 12:12 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 7:31 AM

The OP seems similar to an Auburn fan who can look on with pride at a very good team bought and paid for by Pearl and the school’s extensive bagman operation. He could argue to the high heavens that Pearl has turned over a new leaf and is following all rules to the letter.

Guess that is what he wants for Clemson....

Since you lost the discussion and reverted to attacking the messenger I thought this appropriate.

Mar 24, 2019, 8:31 AM

The winner of the NIT is the 69th best team in the country

Sorry for you if you think that way

Mar 24, 2019, 8:44 AM

You wouldn't think the 1st runner-up young ladies in the 50 state pageants aren't beautiful just because they didn't get into the Miss America field? And at least one of them might be prettier than all of those who did get in except for her own state's winner who beat her out for the right to enter the field?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: We have reached a new era of acceptance of BB mediocrity... ]

waterboyII said:

The winner of the NIT is the 69th best team in the country

Guessing you don’t watch a lot of basketball

Mar 24, 2019, 9:31 AM

Been watching Basketball since 1967. How long you been watching?

Mar 25, 2019, 11:17 PM

Lensecrafters...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: We have reached a new era of acceptance of BB mediocrity... ]

69th? Wow, there is so many things wrong with this statement, I don't even know where to begin. Because lower level conference winners gets in because they won their conference, I hardly think they are better than Clemson. I'll stop there, anything past this you aren't listening anyway.

Mar 24, 2019, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: We have reached a new era of acceptance of BB mediocrity... ]

Pretty much. The NIT shouldnt even exist. It is meaningless.

Mar 24, 2019, 9:14 AM

With that said, 30 bowl games in college football fit the same narrative and should be done away with.

Mar 24, 2019, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: We have reached a new era of acceptance of BB mediocrity... ]

Of course the best 68 teams in the country are in the NCAA tournament,NOT. Don't need to understand the system very well to see this is ridiculous.

Mar 24, 2019, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: We have reached a new era of acceptance of BB mediocrity... ]

really? You think all the automatic qualifiers for the NCAA are better than all the teams in the NIT?

What you mean by "we"

Mar 24, 2019, 8:50 AM

kemo sabe?

Prolly him and his 47 scoks :)***

Mar 24, 2019, 10:33 AM

Mar 24, 2019, 9:01 AM

I try not to read his posts anymore. They are just too nuts.

Mar 24, 2019, 9:04 AM

You're a pathetic, one-argument poster who has no idea how to build a program and thinks that bullying people on a message board will accomplish something beneficial.

At least have the class to go away until the season is over.

Are we not the last SC college still playing men's basketball this year?

It may not matter to you, but it does to the Chickens, Chants, Paladins and Terriers. And the rest of Tiger Nation.

No school in ncaa wishes they were playing in NIT

Mar 24, 2019, 9:15 AM

They maybe disappointed for season being over but should be proud of accomplishment and looking down at us in B tournament

Re: No school in ncaa wishes they were playing in NIT

Mar 25, 2019, 11:04 PM

And what about the "Chickens, Chants and Paladins"?

Or do you always refute 1/4 of an argument, and use that to give you basis for firing the coach?

Mar 24, 2019, 9:12 AM

Get off your high horse. Clemson has made the big dance only a dozen in 110 years. NIT is an accomplishment here.

Mar 24, 2019, 9:23 AM

No it isnt. Also, we went to the real tournament often enough under the two coaches before CBB. I am not one that believes Brad should be fired. I am excited about our recruits coming in next year. Hopefully the next class after that will be equally as good. Brad may just turn the corner. That said, we havent gone to the real tournament enough under Brad and the NIT is meaningless unless you have a young team and gaining some experience. The actual NIT title is meaningless.

Mar 24, 2019, 9:21 AM

CBB is kind of flying under the radar right now.
Everyone is so wrapped up in Football, he is not getting much attention.
If we were going 8-5, 7-6 and losing to the Coots in football. I believe Brownell would be history.

Hard to argue to DRad that we demand more from our program

Mar 24, 2019, 9:57 AM

as Clemson fans when we have so many enablers of mediocrity arguing that things are hunky dory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you don’t acknowledge that the NIT is harder to get into now?

Mar 24, 2019, 10:04 AM

You don’t see how creating automatic bids for mid-majors in 2006 and reducing the field from 40 to 32 teams in 2007 has made it harder to get in?

This isn’t “accepting mediocrity,” but it is critical to understand since you yourself criticized Brownell for not making the postseason enough. With the old NIT rules, we would’ve been in the postseason 8 of 9 years under Brownell.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Perhaps touting the NIT as a major accomplishment...

Mar 24, 2019, 10:35 AM

Is “accepting mediocrity”.

Unless we get a “leg lamp” .... then it’s a major reward.

Who said it is a major accomplishment?

Mar 24, 2019, 10:53 AM

I didn’t.

You're deliberately misstating his position, he said harder

Mar 26, 2019, 12:11 AM

that it used to be, and he made that perfectly clear

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True, but the implication was clear.***

Mar 26, 2019, 2:21 AM

There was no implication whatsoever.***

Mar 26, 2019, 10:24 AM

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic