Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Campus Update: Tucker Hipps' parents release statement after anniversary of son's death
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 51

Campus Update: Tucker Hipps' parents release statement after anniversary of son's death

Sep 23, 2015, 11:22 AM

Tucker Hipps' parents release statement after anniversary of son's death

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is heartbreaking. Such a desperate plea for something that could so easily be given.***

Sep 23, 2015, 11:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

If you no so much

Sep 23, 2015, 11:32 AM

why don't you claim your 20k then?

know****

Re: If you no so much

Sep 23, 2015, 11:47 AM [ in reply to If you no so much ]

No one knows what really happened except those on the run and they are not talking. What I know is that the story the boys are giving does not make sense. They covered up the fact that he was missing even lied to his GF so she would not tell his parents. Whether it was intentional or not, they have made it so much worse by not saying what actually happened. I am sure they did not intend to harm Tucker, but something happened and many more know more than they are telling. So, so sad for his parents. I hope they learn the truth some day.

agreed***

Sep 23, 2015, 11:50 AM

So, you agree something doesn't make sense and somebody

Sep 23, 2015, 5:03 PM [ in reply to If you no so much ]

knows something but you find it necessary to take some sarcastic unnecessary dig at my empathizing with a grieving family? Tigergrad 2011, I'm guessing you are 25 and your frontal lobe is taking a little longer to fully develop, otherwise I'm unclear of why you would choose to behave in such an unbecoming way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Amen, Soy. Have a son or daughter, 11, & get back with us.

Sep 23, 2015, 10:27 PM

You are truly clueless . . . and your post is classless.

Congrats.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Perhaps I was presumptuous in thinking

Sep 24, 2015, 9:21 AM [ in reply to So, you agree something doesn't make sense and somebody ]

you were one of the (many many) conspiracy theorists that think the university is covering it up... the university that I love and am deeply invested in. If you were not taking a shot at the university, then I apologize.

p.s. nice "i'm older and wiser than you youngsters" insult. bravo. keep up the quality stuff.

But nobody saw anything or knows anything.

Sep 23, 2015, 11:39 AM [ in reply to This is heartbreaking. Such a desperate plea for something that could so easily be given.*** ]

I feel terrible for his parents, and those who are keeping quiet aren't worth crapping on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

No. They literally deserve to be ##### on.***

Sep 23, 2015, 11:41 AM

ROH

If there are ones that are keeping quite that is

Sep 23, 2015, 11:42 AM [ in reply to But nobody saw anything or knows anything. ]

I don't know much about the situation, but if folks entertain the possibly that the dude was murdered, the entire frat knows about, and they along with the university are covering it up ... then surely they can also entertain the possibility that everyone who knows anything has already contributed that info to the investigation, and its just not enough info to make any charges with.

I agree, it is very unfortunate.

It is also unfortunate how much people yearn for there to be malice/foulplay/conspiracy surrounding this case.

Quiet - not quite . . . There are 1 or 2 people that know

Sep 23, 2015, 10:31 PM

EXACTLY what happened and they are the ones that tried, FROM THE BEGINNING, to keep it covered.

One is the son of a US SENATOR . . . privileged to say the least.

I think you said it best . . . " I don't know much about the situation" . . . . then

1. Why do you keep yapping ?

or

2. Educate yourself about it if you feel like you need to be the omniscient "voice of reason" . . .

Geeezzzzzz . . . .

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Thanks professor

Sep 24, 2015, 9:22 AM

That is interesting, I didn't know that. And I wouldn't say I was "yapping", but whatever man, you do you.

Also, explanation as to why I commented:
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17868192

Re: If there are ones that are keeping quite that is

Sep 24, 2015, 1:23 PM [ in reply to If there are ones that are keeping quite that is ]

I think you need to re-read your post and consider how thoughtless and uncaring it is. A fool can figure out there is much more to this story than what has come out. This is a families child we're talking about. For your sake, I hope you never have to experience this with a child of yours!

I dont see how it's careless, Sorry.

Sep 24, 2015, 2:01 PM

I think people do a lot of talking on the subject, with little knowledge of facts (myself included).

I do empathize with them and hate that they are going through it. I would be doing the same thing in their situation. Never said anything to the contrary.

Re: Campus Update: Tucker Hipps' parents release statement after anniversary of son's death

Unbelievable to me that with that many guys on the pledge run no one saw anything, and if they did, that they can live with this on their conscience. Time will tell.

not so hard to believe

Sep 23, 2015, 11:52 AM

regarding the pledges... they probably didn't see anything and really didn't know (and they probably still don't) exactly what happened to Hipps.

as for the brothers on the run - the guys named in the lawsuit, i agree, it's very hard to believe that at least one of them doesn't know something
i wonder if their depositions will be taken.. maybe more information could come out of that

on the other hand.. there is the possibility that no one saw him go off the bridge..

fairly easy to craft scenarios where Hipps went off the bridge and no one saw him

i also wonder why no 'hazing' charges have been brought...

even if they do know, once they get all lawyered up...

Sep 23, 2015, 12:14 PM

nobody talks. It sucks, but it will have to be under oath, and even then they could lie. So sad.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Clemson should shut that frat down until people start talking...

Sep 23, 2015, 12:07 PM

Period.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Shut down the entire Greek system.......

Sep 23, 2015, 12:21 PM

That would put a TON of pressure on the ones that know.

Clemson will never do that, for one reason:

Sep 24, 2015, 7:34 AM

Donors. Every time they try to rein in the Greek system at Clemson, all the frats call their influential alumni and get them to make threats to the President's Office that they'll pull all their contributions. It's been that way for decades.

I had not thought of that, but......

Sep 24, 2015, 8:59 AM

I hope Clemson would not take their blood money.

I read something yesterday that said that chapter of Sig Ep

Sep 23, 2015, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Clemson should shut that frat down until people start talking... ]

had been disbanded.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: Clemson should shut that frat down until people start talking...

Sep 23, 2015, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Clemson should shut that frat down until people start talking... ]

This has already happened? It happened shortly after the investigation began.

Shutting down the entire system would do nothing. There are plenty of fraternities at Clemson that do nothing wrong save a little underage drinking. As much a Tnet hates to hear it it's the truth.

Re: Clemson should shut that frat down until people start talking...

Sep 23, 2015, 3:01 PM

Also just FYI, I'm not in a fraternity.

Also, most of us know what happened or at least have heard a version of it. Problem is making it stuck in court. I feel like time will help the investigation and prosecution.

Sadly the Clemson PD (city and campus) has a long history of

Sep 23, 2015, 12:21 PM

unvolved crimes involving student deaths....

Just while I was a student Norsaadah Husain (1992) and Stacy Holsonback (1997) were murdered, and those remain unsolved to this day. Putting murderers away doesn't seem to be a forte of the local PD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in fairness to the CUPD, they do have REAL crime to fight

Sep 23, 2015, 12:25 PM

like 20 yr olds drinking on Saturdays, some college kids smoking weed, and folks parking illegally around campus.

Don't forget.....

Sep 23, 2015, 12:26 PM

Drunk in Public

Yep! Campus police have to focus on those

Sep 23, 2015, 12:28 PM [ in reply to in fairness to the CUPD, they do have REAL crime to fight ]

terrible underage drinkers. Here in Fargo, the police act as if they are going after members of the Sinoloa cartel the way they stalk frat houses and wait for people to leave and even sometimes raid them. It's pretty absurd

Re: Yep! Campus police have to focus on those

Sep 24, 2015, 6:05 AM

I see where you're coming from.. but scrape a Few bodies off the road or out of trees and tell their family what happened and youd want to stop drunk drivers as soon as they pulled out of somewhere too...

There's just no revenue to be generated by actually

Sep 23, 2015, 12:54 PM [ in reply to in fairness to the CUPD, they do have REAL crime to fight ]

solving crimes, even murder

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at it this way...

Sep 23, 2015, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Sadly the Clemson PD (city and campus) has a long history of ]

...while any unsolved murder is bad - by focusing on underage drinking, public intoxication, etc. how many lives are saved by keeping (arresting) folks?

There are 3 apparent unsolved murders here, which are horrible - but a town the size of Clemson does not have the resources and while those lost lives deserve to be explained in what happened, by taking care of the drinking many here say should be overlooked....many more lives are saved.

It's a matter of resources, the CUPD (while areas need fixing for sure, like any organization) do a great job.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

EVERYONE WHO DRINKS IS GOING TO DIE.

Sep 23, 2015, 2:29 PM

STOP THE FLOW OF ALCOHOL TO OUR YOUTHS

ROH

Re: EVERYONE WHO DRINKS IS GOING TO DIE.

Sep 23, 2015, 10:29 PM
image.jpeg(17.8 K)

when I was at clemson from 98-02 some of the

Sep 24, 2015, 6:42 AM [ in reply to EVERYONE WHO DRINKS IS GOING TO DIE. ]

Biggest parties were thrown by the swim team. Are you a former swimmer?

Re: Look at it this way...

Sep 23, 2015, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Look at it this way... ]

An underage drinking ticket is a lot like getting speeding ticket. Nothing stops you from driving home or continuing to drink after the officer leaves.

Re: Look at it this way...

Sep 24, 2015, 2:03 AM [ in reply to Look at it this way... ]

Seriously? Drinking is what the CUPD should focus on? Did you actually go to Clemson? Finding out what happened to cause a death is not a focus. But lets stop college students from drinking (which will NEVER happen). Wow.

Ive jumped off that bridge a few times

Sep 24, 2015, 3:59 AM

And anyone who else has can tell you this. Jumping out in the middle is safe. But too close to shore is super dangerous. Its shallow theyre rocks below the surface you cant see. Jumping or falling close to thar shoeline. Is bad news

Husain's murder was so awful

Sep 24, 2015, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Sadly the Clemson PD (city and campus) has a long history of ]

What a senseless crime. I remember being very disturbed by the details of this grisly murder. It's appalling that nobody ever found out who did it.

shameful it's gone on this long with no one talking but

Sep 23, 2015, 12:53 PM

the truth will come out...My classmate at The Citadel was shot on campus....Berra Byrd....years later guilt finally caused a member of the corps at that time to come forward and admit guilt. It will come out.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1996/Citadel-Grad-Apologizes-For-Wounding-Fellow-Cadet-in-1992/id-fc2f712dc9f82e278c43561aa8b7b186

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i doubt anyone saw them running

Sep 23, 2015, 2:25 PM

after they left the main part of campus. once they got past Littlejohn/Perimeter Road they were pretty much alone.

very little car traffic coming into or leaving campus at that time. a few folks going to Fike (including the ROTC kids) and that's about it. traffic starts to pick up a little as you get closer to 7:00 a.m.

i'm at Fike nearly every weekday morning.. i frequently run outside when there is a bit of light (spring thru early fall)

and i know a bunch of the regular early morning runners. i don't know anyone who runs out Highway 93 in the dark

There are only 2 things that could have happened

Sep 24, 2015, 1:12 AM

he decided to climb up and over the edge of the bridge or somebody helped him climb up and over the bridge. That bridge has a high rail, you can not accidentally go over it.

It makes zero sense that somebody would be by themselves on a run and then stop and decide to climb up and over a bridge rail head first.

Re: There are only 2 things that could have happened

Sep 24, 2015, 8:36 AM

there is the possibility that he was trying to jump from one span to the other.

in the dark, it might look possible..

and it probably is possible

but it would take a good athlete, perfect foot placement, and perfect timing

the reason that comes to mind is that the lawsuit claims he fell behind the other pledges on the run. if they were coming back the other direction, he might have tried to jump across instead of running around... or the King (think that's the right name) kid might have told him to catch up to the other pledges... or even told him to jump across... there are all kinds of scenarios

i still wonder why law enforcement and the prosecutors don't seem to give much credibility to the 'witness' who claims Hipps was made to walk the edge of the wall and fell off

I hope the ones that know what happened and refuse to tell

Sep 23, 2015, 2:29 PM

the truth are eaten away by guilt over the rest of the years of their lives and then rot in Hell where they belong.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Amen !***

Sep 23, 2015, 10:34 PM

The truth will come out. The guilt of this magnitude will

Sep 24, 2015, 12:52 AM [ in reply to I hope the ones that know what happened and refuse to tell ]

eventually cause somebody to come forward. There was a cause of this terrible death and clearly was a cover-up. The truth will come out - the conscience of one of the frat boys will surface.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope the ones that know what happened and refuse to tell

Sep 24, 2015, 10:40 AM [ in reply to I hope the ones that know what happened and refuse to tell ]

That's one viewpoint. I personally hope the kids responsible give their lives to Jesus and he changes them from the inside out. Through their spiritual change, they will realize the great atrocity they committed and be compelled to share the truth about what happened.

It's tough to sympathize with people who do things like this but it's important to remember they are 18-22 year old kids here. There's still alot of time left in these kids lives (probably) and I personally hope they change for the better. It surely sounds like they do not have a personal relationship with Jesus or even a solid Christian foundation at all, otherwise they wouldn't be able to live with the guilt.

Very sad situation made worse

Sep 23, 2015, 3:53 PM

I live in NC in a mostly rural area. A few years ago some fishermen noticed something under water in a pond they were fishing in. It looked like a car. They called the cops who had it towed out. It contained the skeletal remains of a young woman.

As it turned out she had been missing for 20 years. Apparently on the night of her disappearance her car ran into the pond....which was less than 2 miles from her home. For 20 years her parents did not know what happened to their 18 year old daughter.

They said the not knowing was as bad as losing her.

What ever happened to Tucker Hipps, I hope his family can get some kind of closure soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Campus Update: Tucker Hipps' parents release statement after anniversary of son's death

Sep 23, 2015, 7:49 PM

I know it's probably been well discussed but legally speaking how could telling someone to walk on a bridge railing be tried as murder? With the alleged coverup being the only actual crime (legally speaking) I can't understand why none has broken if it really happened thruway the suit alleges. The frat is done so what else is there to protect?

So let's say he said walk on the bridge railing . . . and he

Sep 23, 2015, 10:39 PM

fell.

Wouldn't the first thing you would do would be to scream for help . . . or at least be concerned & get everybody looking once they circled back around ?

SOMETHING ! ! ! !

And you wouldn't lie for hours . . . you would say - He was up on the railing & he fell - OH CRAP ! ! !

If you PUSHED him . . . and you didn't hear water splash but instead heard a skull crushing on rocks . . . you freak out . . . and try & catch up with the group while your mind races as to what to do next.

You go into shock mode and do whatever while you try & figure out an escape.

Look. Most of us on Tigernet have crossed that bridge

Sep 24, 2015, 1:21 AM

countless times. Could anyone walk very long on the bridge railing?? Come on. And we ALL know that no one will just fall over the side of that bridge. Impossible. The young man either jumped (on demand or by himself) or was pushed. But somebody knows.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 51
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic