Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Couple thoughts when I should be working...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Couple thoughts when I should be working...

Sep 2, 2014, 2:55 PM

1. Enough with the "Chad sucks" and "he makes too much money for this" crap. There is nothing in the world that Chad Morris loves more than lighting up defenses with a fast, effective offense. He admitted that he was probably too conservative the other night, and as others have pointed out already, I'm sure that nobody feels worse about it than him. With that said, he's dealing with a lot of new personnel this season, and given the circumstances he probably wanted to make sure that no major mistakes were made that would change the game in one play, and he also probably wanted to see if one of the new starters would be able to make a play to clear out some breathing room. If we are in a similar situation later on in the year, I'm sure he will draw on this experience to attack it differently. Folks need to realize that almost every major offensive record in Clemson history has been broken by a mile under his direction. It wasn't that long ago that we were stumbling and bumbling with the likes of Rob Spence and Billy Napier and, heck, even Dabo when he tried calling the plays.

2. There is no reason to think that Dabo and the staff won't use this experience to motivate the team to achieve great things this season. Yes, the final score was somewhat embarrassing, and some of the double digit losses can be tough to take, but we have never known Dabo to throw in the towel on a season. We got blown out by a mile in Raleigh the year we dominated in the ACC Championship game. We got blown out by WVU in the Orange Bowl, and then responded by winning 10 games and beating LSU in the Peach Bowl. We got blown out by FSU last season and still managed to win a BCS game over a pretty highly touted Ohio State team. Yes, there are some games that make you scratch your head, but the fact is that the last few seasons have been one of the most successful stretches in the history of Clemson football.

3. If you compare how close we were to spiraling into complete irrelevance after that loss to Wake back when Bowden stepped down to where we are now as a program, it really isn't even close. The level at which we are currently recruiting is pretty astounding. Clemson is in a really strong position to stay relevant for many years to come.

4. There is a reason that only a couple teams go undefeated every season: It's extraordinarily hard to do. Saturday night we went toe to toe with a really good team, and frankly we outplayed them for a half. We had some struggles in the second half, and then defense eventually ran out of gas. However, I personally thought we showed a lot of heart as a team, and I don't see any reason that we can't learn from it and be better in the long run. People thinking we were going down there to win by 30 given the personnel changes were drinking something pretty strong at the time.

In short, there's literally no reason to panic about this season. Sorry for list. Please no bandhammer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Couple thoughts when I should be working...

Sep 2, 2014, 3:12 PM

Spot on with #1
i'm tired of the "fire Chad" or "Chad sucks"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

at $1.3M a year, 12 regular season games, thats

Sep 2, 2014, 7:34 PM

about $55,000 per half. With 15 yards of smoking hot offensive genius in the 2nd half, the Chad made less than $3,700 per yard. That man is working cheap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Perhaps...

Sep 2, 2014, 3:14 PM

With all due respect, I'm not sure anyone expects an undefeated season, particularly this year.
I think, and I could be wrong, that many are tiring of getting blown out in all of our losses. Look them up.
Lose 27-21 and the status is still a loss but perception is a different thing. We fought, we tried something, we lost. Losses are painful but acceptable. Blowouts are not.

No one expects Chad to be perfect. However he is arguably the highest paid offensive coordinator in the country. As such, his margin for error is very small, as it should be.
Most just wanted to him try something different, especially when the game was spiraling out of control and the downside was de minimis.

I agree completely that we are light years form that Wake game trainwreck under CTB. Kudos to Dabo.

But to paint all as rosy is difficult after being down 24-21 with 11 minutes to go and a true shot on the road vs a good UGA team with a/many ridiculously good running back(s).

My point is not that we should all hold hands and

Sep 2, 2014, 3:22 PM

sing Tiger Rag after a double digit loss. It is, however, that we should all step back and make sure that we are considering where we are from a broader perspective. One game does not a program make. I think I saw yesterday that some one had provided data showing that Clemson is the 7th or 8th winning-est program in the last 5 seasons or something like that. That speaks volumes compared to where we were with Bowden. I do not miss the days of going 7-5 and playing in the Humanitarian Bowl.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I agree.

Sep 2, 2014, 3:28 PM

I think most generally do. But CDS has supposedly recruited at a very high level and his assistants are handsomely paid to win and compete and to be among the very best in the country.
Our losses speak volumes that something is slightly amiss.
They cannot have it both ways. I think our record vs SC is proof of that.

This

Sep 3, 2014, 6:43 AM [ in reply to Perhaps... ]

I can accept losing if I feel everything was left on the field by the players and coaching staff. But Getting blown out is getting really old. Elite teams rarely get blown out. Disappointing 4th quarter all the way around. Still baffled how inept our offense was in the 2nd half. 1 first down? Chad Morris wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't sure how this offense could get a first down at all

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

You pumpers are really getting on my nerves today

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

well said.....+juan

for you

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

*gasp*

Sep 2, 2014, 3:15 PM

rassist!

you trying to get this thread removed?

;)

That's the plan...hopefully***

Sep 2, 2014, 3:35 PM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Well put...UGA had to replace their QB...we had to

Sep 2, 2014, 3:15 PM

replace a record setting QB & WR and a 1000 yd rusher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well put...UGA had to replace their QB...we had to

Sep 2, 2014, 7:44 PM

Point makes no sense especially when we have recruited as well as we have. Ga lost receivers, backs, etc. the season starts over each year for everybody.

Sep 2, 2014, 3:21 PM

15 yds if O in the second half I didn't think that was possible. This loss is all on the O and Chad.

I don't really understand how this relates.

Sep 2, 2014, 3:24 PM

My post was not about how great our offense was in the 2nd half Saturday night.

Things are worse than they seem

Sep 2, 2014, 3:30 PM

For me,
I came out of the Georgia game feeling alil' worse.
First off, I predicted a Georgia win, so no surprise
there. But when you feel really good about your backs,
OL,DL and Lbs...and you still lose by 24. That doesn't
leave you feeling good. And as much as I don't want to
say this, it really look like we quit in the 4th QT. I
hope I am wrong by saying that.
I said all year we were a 9-3 team. And we would go 0-3
in the 3 big games. Unless drastic changes are made, that
seems to be right on track. And we're not EVEN talking
about L'ville.

There's no logical way to support them "quitting"

Sep 2, 2014, 3:33 PM

The offense was buried deep in their own end the entire second half, and they managed 15 yards. We can argue about that strategy, but the defense fought their hearts out to the point that they were completely gassed by the last 8 minutes of the game. I saw a lot that concerned me on Saturday, but I didn't see quitting.

Re: There's no logical way to support them "quitting"

Sep 3, 2014, 2:56 AM

Yes, but we had an entire first half to figure out how true freshman who have never stepped on the field would respond in a hostile environment. Heck, Adam choice never saw the field but it was still apparent to me that we would have won the game had we played him more. The same goes for for not running a WR pass out of a double reverse from Rodriguez back to stoudt. Heck, even a statue of liberty play from inside the endzone would have been the type of innovative play-calling that would have won it for us.

Sadly you just dont get it and are not a true Clemson fan. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure our players admitted it***

Sep 4, 2014, 3:34 PM [ in reply to There's no logical way to support them "quitting" ]

Based on what?

Sep 4, 2014, 3:36 PM

Or should I take your highly pulsed word for it?

Listen to the post GA videos

Sep 4, 2014, 3:50 PM

Especially with Grady Jerrett

you should be working

Sep 2, 2014, 3:33 PM

;)

good post

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Sep 2, 2014, 7:49 PM

Tigers will be fine in the conference - only one really tough game and maybe UofL. Best thing for CU would be SC winning their games and then we beat them. Need that to have some quality wins. Not gonna get any votes for beating Wake, UVA, Duke, GT, etc.

Sep 2, 2014, 7:54 PM

Spiller, I suspect most Clemson fans feel the same way you do. Thanks for articulating for the rest of us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there reason to panic in Tallahassee?***

Sep 2, 2014, 9:20 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic