Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We MUST beat USC in football this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

We MUST beat USC in football this year

Jun 4, 2012, 2:11 PM

3 years is a minor cycle... 4 and recruits begin to believe that USC is a better program. Alot rides on this year for the future of the two programs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We MUST beat USC in football this year

Jun 4, 2012, 2:15 PM

Heck yes!

With all respect......

Jun 4, 2012, 2:17 PM

DUH!!!

Jun 4, 2012, 2:20 PM

Dabo is a great guy, but this should be his last chance to beat them. 11-1 with a loss to them and he should go.

Jun 4, 2012, 2:46 PM

Unless he follows that 11-1 up with two more wins (ACC title and National Championship). 13-1 with those two titles and a loss to the coots doesn't really matter.

Not trying to insult by any means

Jun 4, 2012, 4:18 PM

but a one loss Clemson team (especially if the loss is to us that late in the season) would not be in the national championship game.

LSU-bama might disagree

Jun 4, 2012, 4:24 PM

If we both do well at the end of the season (both ranked in top 10), they might. Depends on score, too.

Clemson

Re: LSU-bama might disagree

Jun 4, 2012, 8:22 PM

A one loss Clemson team playing in the ACC is not gonna be enough.

Re: Not trying to insult by any means

Jun 4, 2012, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Not trying to insult by any means ]

That's true. I was just trying to point that to say Dabo needed to be fired if he went 11-1 (with the one loss being to SC) is a little ridiculous when he could turn around the next week and win another ACC championship and, in theory, still have a shot at playing for a national title.

I know I'll be called a coot for this, but in the grand scheme of things the football rivalry game really means nothing. Loosing that game does not prevent either team from playing for their respective conference title. And with both teams playing at the level they are, it doesn't prevent them from getting a good bowl game. The only way it really has any meaning if both were 5-6 coming in, then the loser misses out on a bowl.

Jun 4, 2012, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Not trying to insult by any means ]

you are dumber than that chicken in your avatar. if two teams go undefeated,they are in. if none are and 2 have 1 loss,then those 2 are in. if 3 have 1 loss, it depends on who they are, clemson has as good a shot as anyone except an 'bama,ohio state,usc ( the one the judges ruled owned it),etc. clemson's name is out there, if we live up to our part of the deal, we have as good a shot as 99% of the teams out there, way better than a 1 loss usuc team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your biased opinion doesn't have you thinking clearly

Jun 4, 2012, 7:59 PM

Yes, I'm going to be bringing up the SEC in this conversation. You may not like it, you don't even have to agree with it, but you know it's the truth.

It could be true, although very unlikely, that a one loss Clemson team would get a bid to the national championship. It's even more ludicrous that you have a "way better" shot than a one loss South Carolina team. If we lose one game, then win the SEC Championship, we are in the national championship. Unless you were saying our one loss would be in that game, which I'm almost positive you weren't.

Clemson isn't the powerhouse you think they are. I don't think the name holds too much weight in the national spotlight, unless people are talking about "pulling a Clemson."

nm

Jun 4, 2012, 8:07 PM

nm

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truer words have never been spoken...

Jun 4, 2012, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Your biased opinion doesn't have you thinking clearly ]

Clemson thinks their name is up there with USC (southern Cal that is), Texas, Bama, Ohio State, and Florida in terms of national reputation. Also what they don't realize is that the ACC on their jerseys is a liability when it comes to rankings.

Jun 4, 2012, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Not trying to insult by any means ]

Hard to compare a one loss carolina with a one loss because that would mean one of us lost to the other. Hypothetically, if we did not play each other a one loss usc team would get the nod over a one loss clemson team based purely on sec vs acc.

Perfect example of intangibles the SEC offers...

Jun 4, 2012, 10:23 PM

Perfect example of intangibles the SEC offers and why Clemson needs to get out of the ACC ASAP

NEWSFLASH! Most recruits already know....***

Jun 4, 2012, 2:42 PM

Unless we suddenly get insanely better on the lines...

Jun 4, 2012, 2:57 PM

...of scrimmage, I think it's going to be tough sledding. The coots have some serious linemen on both sides, and we don't.

O-line?

Jun 4, 2012, 4:20 PM

Explain to me how our o-line could be worse against the coots than it was last year?

Re: O-line?

Jun 4, 2012, 10:20 PM

The linemen playing this year will be the ones who couldnt beat out the ones playing last year.

Re: Unless we suddenly get insanely better on the lines...

Jun 4, 2012, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Unless we suddenly get insanely better on the lines... ]

difference is, our offense will play far faster this year, with a year in the system. we won't have to hold blocks long, and most d-linemen will be gassed by mid 3rd qtr,early 4th.at least thats the plan i've got.

Jun 4, 2012, 3:26 PM

The chickens are tougher on D, and probably on the OLine, so don't expect CLEMSON to beat the ever-loving crap out of them like we want them to. Beating them 63-17 won't be enough to satisfy me - but I'd settle for a 1-point victory - and that's a sad situation IMO.

I just don't see that we're that much better than last year. Boyd had better learn how to make his reads and throw the dang ball to OUR players more consistently. If he can't, then Morris needs to make some changes.

We will NOT beat teams on the ground with our OLine. Trick plays, sweeps, and short passes will be the steady diet IMO. An occasional pass to stretch the D will help, but won't win enough for us. I hope I see some major improvement from the Spring in a few months.

Jun 4, 2012, 3:38 PM

Not gonna happen. They out recruit us on both o-line and d-line, and they have a far superior conditioning program. Until we get a coach who can recruit linemen and understands the importance of a modern approach to conditioning, nothing will change. They got serious about football, we didn't. They hired a proven coach who then overhauled the S&C program. We hired an insurance salesman who thinks batson's program is just fine. Never mind the fact that we've NEVER been strong on the lines and never really pushed people around since batson has been here. Dabo is just another tommy bowden without the last name.

Yep...unfortunately.***

Jun 4, 2012, 6:07 PM

Jun 4, 2012, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: We MUST beat USC in football this year ]

you should change your screen name to sos the 3rd, or holtz,jr., someting to show the true affiliation you have, which is plain to see. you are usuc, through and through, and there is no denying it, your posts tell the truth.

Just because someone truly understands the current state...

Jun 4, 2012, 6:29 PM

of affairs doesn't make him a Coot. Wake up Tiger Nation.

Jun 4, 2012, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: We MUST beat USC in football this year ]

Until we admit (in secret meetings i hope) that the coots have passed us in several areas, we are doomed to keep falling behind. The wait and see crowd who thinks the coots are the same as 10-20 years ago are ignorant. They play hard nosed football like we did in the 80's. Lines of scrimmage vs skill players wins 90% of the time.

Until the Powers that be see the areas of deficiancies, we will lose more to them than we win.

In ALL sports!

Re:We will beat them like a rented mule.***

Jun 4, 2012, 4:08 PM

You better get your ### off the interwebs and start your

Jun 4, 2012, 4:23 PM

summer conditioning program then.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You better get your ### off the interwebs and start your

Jun 4, 2012, 4:56 PM

I heard a former coach last month on a syndicated radio show say that the difference between the two programs was that Clemson emphasizes recruiting skill players and Carolina's emphasis is on linemen, and in his opinion, he thought superior linemen would win the day the majority of the time.
The show? Paul Finebaum. The former coach? Danny Ford

Jun 4, 2012, 8:54 PM

I will always remember his OL's, DL's. Men!

Jun 4, 2012, 10:23 PM

I wish i could forget the lines ford had at clemson.

I hate it, but you will be disappointed.***

Jun 4, 2012, 6:05 PM

Jun 4, 2012, 6:17 PM

By the time Nov roles in the cockerel's will be back to reality, just hope some of the teams leave a little more than chicken soup for the Tigers to feed on

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I found Tennessee folks to be overbearing about Lane Kiffin***

Jun 4, 2012, 6:42 PM

Dabo isnt going anywhere

Jun 4, 2012, 8:57 PM

We just gave him a contract extension. We could lose to the coots 3 more years and we cant afford to fire him. That being said the only thing that would make up for anothr loss to them would be a national title. I would rather beat the coots next year than win the acc again and im dead serious. If we lose to them next year it will kill recruiting in state and the ship will have sunk. Losing is not an option.

South Carolina recruited fine when we were dominting them***

Jun 5, 2012, 1:22 AM

Re: South Carolina recruited fine when we were dominting them***

Jun 5, 2012, 10:53 AM

No they didn't. When we were they landing #1 and #2 recruits in the nation?

Jun 4, 2012, 10:28 PM

I believe our stuggles lately have a lot to do with a lot of our players coming from out of state.uSUCK has a lot of in-state players who take this game very serious.
These type of rivalry games are won by heart and who wants it more. We have talent thats not the problem,the hunger is missing

Scary Reality - Our

Jun 5, 2012, 1:09 AM

rising seniors have NEVER beaten the coots. Surely they will not leave Clemson without a 2012 victory in the Valley. They simply must do that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, then we'd better play a LOT better up front if that's

Jun 5, 2012, 8:27 AM

going to happen. Until we start landing some OL/DL recruits who play with an edge, prepare to be disappointed. We can recruit all the skill position guys we want but if we can't win the battles up front, this is going to be a continuing problem.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic