Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson backs off running back Marlin Lane
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Jan 13, 2011, 9:46 PM

The Clemson coaching staff is no longer recruiting Daytona Beach, Florida (Mainland HS) running back Marlin Lane. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank You, Mr. Davis***

Jan 13, 2011, 9:53 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

updated***

Jan 13, 2011, 9:56 PM

Bad decision...***

Jan 13, 2011, 9:56 PM

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Re: Bad decision...***

Jan 13, 2011, 10:26 PM

Why is this a bad decision?

I have the latest...

Jan 14, 2011, 6:21 PM

the coaching staff has decided to back off RB Marlin Lain

Hahahaha

If Lane wants to go... Let him go...

Jan 14, 2011, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Bad decision...*** ]

Clemson is having it's largest recruiting weekend of the year and he is suppose to be committed to Clemson, now he wants to visit UT.

Go ahead, visit UT, stick with UT. Play for a team that dropped UNC off of it's schedule because they were scared of the ACC. If you're not 100% Clemson, then we don't want you here!

If you want to play for Clemson, drop your visit and get on board!

Re: If Lane wants to go... Let him go...

Jan 15, 2011, 12:05 PM

Go ahead, visit UT, stick with UT. Play for a team that dropped UNC off of it's schedule because they were scared of the ACC. If you're not 100% Clemson, then we don't want you here!

Sounds like he may have been 100%, but not willing to give that 110% needed at CU! :)

updated again***

Jan 13, 2011, 10:00 PM

Lane says he is firm with Clemson?

Jan 13, 2011, 10:03 PM

but Clemson is not firm with him???

My head is hurting.

Re: Lane says he is firm with Clemson?

Jan 13, 2011, 10:07 PM

Something bigger is amiss here.

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Jan 13, 2011, 10:10 PM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2011, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Lane says he is firm with Clemson? ]

Why does it have to always be something else. I'm not saying it isn't. But if it is, we don't have a clue of what that might be. I do know that our coaching saff 1st priority is for the good of Clemson, and of the Clemson people. Yes Lane is a top rated RB, but he is a HS kid that can not be allowed to act as if he is the one in control.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2011, 1:33 AM [ in reply to Lane says he is firm with Clemson? ]

I have a hard time believing that Lane has backed off from what I've read his Father owns property in Greenville and is a long time Tiger fan. Lane verbally comitted his 10th grade year. I see it as he his taking all these visits to take all the visits went to Auburn not to long ago and confirmed his still a Clemson Tiger. Looks like to me the kid is having fun seeing different campuses but in the end will be a Tiger. I'm sure it's flustrating to the coaching staff but if I was a senior in high school getting all the attention and free mini vacations to college campuses across the country I'd do the same thing.

I think you are missing one thing...

Jan 14, 2011, 9:04 AM

The Clemson coaches have asked him to confirm his commitment and he didn't do it. My guess is, he is playing with them and they have a motive which makes this an easy choice. Don't be terribly surprised to see another Because sign with us that nobody thought we had a chance at getting. Because coaches can't talk about recruits, this thing is going unnoticed. We'll see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Tennessee starting to get on my nerves

Jan 13, 2011, 10:33 PM

It seems like UTenn is going after all our committed recruits hard. They were all over Bellamy now Marlin, Gerald Orta, etc. Tennessee doesn't have anything advantageous over Clemson except an overzealous willingness to break rules to get recruits and has much worse academics.

Well there's been something scrolling across the ESPN screen

Jan 13, 2011, 10:37 PM

tonight about Tennessee's ongoing NCAA investigation going on into August. This is for football and basketball.

UT and FSU being down made our life easier. Unfortunately

Jan 14, 2011, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Tennessee starting to get on my nerves ]

we didn't take advantage of it. If they get rolling again, both will start pulling away some nice fish we should have caught.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kangaroo Kourt in session

Jan 13, 2011, 10:41 PM

Who knows what is REALLY going on with these kids or coaches...we'll just have to wait until Signing Day.

Who backed off of whom here?

Jan 14, 2011, 12:01 AM

What a load of garbage.

Reading is fundamental.***

Jan 14, 2011, 12:04 AM

What's garbage? What don't you understand? ******

Jan 14, 2011, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Who backed off of whom here? ]

null

He's probably visiting Tennessee because...

Jan 14, 2011, 1:18 AM

he's heard that those SEC schools pay really well.

Getting arrest for possession is a bad career move, esp.

Jan 14, 2011, 2:02 AM

when that career isn't fully underway.

Re: Getting arrest for possession is a bad career move, esp.

Jan 14, 2011, 7:28 AM

What is a high school "student" doing dinking around with over a pound of reefer??? That's not just a nickel bag for personal consumption! He must be planning to major in international business or distribution management---HA! Bad start with an illegal product! He needs to lose his current posse...his parents need to intervene, switch his legs & ground him, and seriously communicate he is jeopardizing his future and their retirement!!! Happens WAY TOO OFTEN...these high school "stars" with all the adulation from the local/national media, they get an attitude and a "rep",and just gotta be BMOC don't they!

Re: Getting arrest for possession is a bad career move, esp.

Jan 14, 2011, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Getting arrest for possession is a bad career move, esp. ]

didn't we know what we were getting into before we started recruiting this kid?
with that said, this is a serious hit to our recruiting class... he's a good player

Perfect example of.....

Jan 14, 2011, 9:00 AM

why you should never stop recruiting other players, like Isaiah Crowell. Too late to get back in now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wrong

Jan 14, 2011, 9:31 AM

why waste more time and energy on a recruit that has his position filled. Just in case something like this happened which is not that common?

If you do that you might has well heavily recruit another 20 players whom we can't take anyway just in case we have a last second drop?

That's crazy talk.

Re: Clemson backs off running back Marlin Lane

Jan 14, 2011, 10:37 AM

I agree that if he doesn't want to be a Clemson Tiger then by all means drop him from recruting. The only thing that scares me is that now with just Bellamy(if he stays committed you never know), Ellington, and hot Rod we dont have a bigger back thats tough between the tackles(other than Diehl but he's a FB) which is the role that lane would've come in and filled. Hopefully we are still in the mix with Crowell because from what I've seen and heard he can be a bigger "bruiser" and I think we need at least one.

Re: Clemson backs off running back Marlin Lane

Jan 14, 2011, 10:48 AM

http://www.floridamugshots.us/Arrests/Marlin_Lane_5281465/

Here's the link to his mugshot and charges.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The charge is UNDER 20 gr

Jan 14, 2011, 11:22 AM

So that's not a distribution amount that he had, just personal. 8/10 of our current players could have gotten that charge sometime in their life if not so lucky.

Alrighty then.... It's ok, everybody's doing it...**

Jan 14, 2011, 5:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson has been wanting to back off Lane for awhile. Mainly

Jan 14, 2011, 9:02 PM

because of his lack of production after his knee injury. Then, the arrest. Then him waffling about wanting to be here. He actually made the decision easy for the coaching staff. It's a business.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic