Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pep Band members continue to slam Jennings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Pep Band members continue to slam Jennings

Nov 5, 2012, 9:51 PM

a carry-over from last year. The same two band members belittle and yell at Milton Jennings all game. It's embarrassing and easily can be heard by the players. Didn't waste anytime in the off-season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pep Band members continue to slam Jennings

Nov 5, 2012, 9:56 PM

Jennings played well too. They need to stop that. Don't they understand you don't do that to your own player. Don't they realize that is pulling against Clemson. Brownell needs to alert them about that... now.

IMO....

Nov 5, 2012, 10:28 PM

this is something Milton needs to attend to personally

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing a hard, "errant" pass wouldn't cure.***

Nov 5, 2012, 10:29 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2012, 10:18 PM

Do band members really have any room to belittle anyone?

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

apparently they can scream "Noooo" when he touches the ball***

Nov 5, 2012, 10:21 PM

It's simple-pep band membership is for student fans.

Nov 5, 2012, 10:20 PM

Whoever is in charge of the pep band needs to revoke these dorks' pep band rights. They have no business courtside.

Re: AGREE!!!

Nov 5, 2012, 10:25 PM

Get them out of there!!!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree

Nov 6, 2012, 8:02 AM [ in reply to It's simple-pep band membership is for student fans. ]

I'd hope their fellow band members would have had the good sense to shut them up, but apparently not. I know if I'd ever booed a player during my time in the band, I would've gotten a nice whack to the back of my head--at best.

Jennings should hand them the ball and ask them to do better***

Nov 5, 2012, 10:24 PM

Re: Jennings should hand them the ball and ask them to do better***

Nov 5, 2012, 10:26 PM

That way the fans can boo and heckle them...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking as a band alumni,

Nov 6, 2012, 8:00 AM

I strongly advise you to contact Mark Spede (band director) and complain. I don't remember if Dr. Spede conducts the pep band (I don't think so) but he will know who to talk to. Make sure you get a good ID on who's doing it--what instrument they play, what hat they wear, etc. so he knows who to look for. The Pep Band should NEVER be heckling its own players, no matter their personal opinion (and I know we all have problems with Jennings' performance). They are as much an official representative of the school as the team is and they should know better. If they can't behave they should be removed from the pep band.

If that doesn't work, write an editorial to The Tiger and then contact President Barker. Between the public and private pressure applied by those two forces, I guarantee you the heckling will stop or be stopped.

Re: Speaking as a band alumni,

Nov 6, 2012, 8:04 AM

People who have seen this occur, post some general descriptions (ie instrument, relative location in the pep band stands). I want to complain to Dr. Spede, Brownell, etc, but I want some more accurate specifics.

Thanks in advances,

Nov 8, 2012, 12:39 PM

What the heck is wrong with those guys? Milton has a history of getting too down on himself and caving to huge expectations. Why would you try and hurt your own team?

We should be cheering especially loud when he makes a play, and shutting up when he doesn't - why? Because that helps our team win.

good

Nov 8, 2012, 2:10 PM

players aren't above criticism

Criticism is one thing

Nov 8, 2012, 2:28 PM

heckling your own players is quite another. I'll be the first to criticize an underperforming player, and I've done so about Milton several times, but to heckle your own player at a game is way over the line and ridiculous, particularly for a group like the pep band that's sole purpose is to support the team.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic