Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People's warped perception
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

People's warped perception

Jun 10, 2012, 4:32 PM

Im sick of people still writing articles or bringing up the Orange Bowl. Let's take a look at what really happened that night. (if your going to be a Smart A$$, don't comment.)

Anybody with any football knowledge saw the game change on the 99 yard fumble return. If we score there, the game would've been a shoot out.

The Orange Bowl is over, and the haters need to realize Dabo has fixed the problem.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People's warped perception

Jun 10, 2012, 4:36 PM

Just one thing to say about that play, there was no replay or second look, refs said he was not down, but if he had crossed the goal line the play was over

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was never going to be overturned.

Jun 10, 2012, 5:33 PM

Couldn't see what happened either way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

70-33 is what really happened that night.***

Jun 10, 2012, 4:58 PM

That's not as sad as a coot on a tiger message board

Jun 10, 2012, 5:08 PM

looking for meaning in his life.

Re: 70-33 is what really happened that night.***

Jun 10, 2012, 5:11 PM [ in reply to 70-33 is what really happened that night.*** ]

I agree it was almost as bad at the 63-17 game In cootville. Go back to your hell hole coot.

Jun 10, 2012, 6:15 PM

You know what has to be done 2tiger. Just do it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2012, 6:13 PM [ in reply to 70-33 is what really happened that night.*** ]

Ignore this coot. And this will be one more you won't ever have to see ever again. Bye Bye cootie!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many more...

Jun 10, 2012, 6:14 PM [ in reply to 70-33 is what really happened that night.*** ]

TD's will it take get this arsehole out of here? At least one less than it did when I started this!

Re: How many more...

Jun 10, 2012, 6:16 PM

Ignore him.

Pretty bad. Almost as bad as a 56-17 loss in the SECCG,

Jun 10, 2012, 7:54 PM [ in reply to 70-33 is what really happened that night.*** ]

which happened during your greatest run in history.

Can we count on you checking in daily now? I know how desperate kids can get wondering what Daddy's up to.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd count on it.***

Jun 10, 2012, 7:59 PM

Okay, junior.***

Jun 10, 2012, 8:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2012, 4:58 PM

Here's the problem..... the team QUIT after that play. There is NO WAY the team gets beat down like that unless they totally quit. WVU could have scored a 100 pts, maybe more.
Now, I'm willing to give Dabo SOME slack but geez, really, just forget it??? You see it as bad karma to bring it up (I guess), I see it as a legitimate concern for the Clemson Football Program. One game does not define Dabo but the way HIS team played against too many teams last year has me very concerned.
If you don't think this game is on some people's mind (recruits in particular), I think you are wrong. We are not tearing it up in recruiting and this seems to be the most logical reason why we're behind the eight ball with way too many quality players.
I don't bring up the OB game much but feel it should be fair game. After all, it was our last football game .......

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it sucked, and I agree the defense appeared to quit. I

Jun 10, 2012, 5:13 PM

will say that game has NOTHING to do with this season.

Different year, different DC, 45 freshman/redshirt freshman are now sophomores, and rehashing that outcome serves no purpose.

I don't think the Ole Ball Sack cried all summer after losing 62-24 in the 95 Orange Bowl. UF came back to win the National Championship the next season.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/florida/yearly_results.php?year=1995

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One correction, UF lost 62-24 in the Fiesta, not Orange.***

Jun 10, 2012, 5:17 PM

Jun 10, 2012, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: People's warped perception ]

We got rid of the biggest part of the problems with that game, NCSU, GT, and cootie pies. The defense sucked, and Dabo made the change he needed to get it fixed. That is what good head coaches do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Game never hangs on one play, at least not a blow out.

Jun 10, 2012, 4:59 PM

In 2006 Jock McKissic intercepted Blake Mitchell and went 82 yards for a score. It was right before the half and gave Clemson the half time lead. Shoot, Clemson even scored first in the second half to go up 28-14 over South Carolina. Then the Gamecocks reeled off 17 unanswered.

As for Dabo "fixing the problem" I'll wait to see the results on the field. Last I checked Clemson turned the ball over 4 times. Overall the offense looked uninspired, and the team seemed to have no respect for West Virginia. The game is on YouTube. Watch it again.

Why some of you are sold on Dabo's potential I'll never understand.

This blowout was pretty similar to the 1977 Gator Bowl where

Jun 10, 2012, 5:04 PM

for the first time in decades Clemson appeared on the national scene and then got beat 34-3 by Pitt. We had a lot of good players and had a good season that year but got slammed by the Panthers.(BTW--Back then the Gator was the 5th best bowl out there after the Rose, Sugar, Orange, and Cotton)

The next year we had a better season, went back to the Gator, and beat Ohio State 17-15. The rest is legend. I hope that helps.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: This blowout was pretty similar to the 1977 Gator Bowl where

Jun 10, 2012, 5:08 PM

i've got a brass belt buckle of the gator bowl vs. pitt.(pre bowl game,of course) i still cringe every time i see it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2012, 5:09 PM [ in reply to This blowout was pretty similar to the 1977 Gator Bowl where ]

I remember it well, cold foggy night in Jacksonville. At the time who knew what was in store for the tigers over the next 15-18 years. Call me a sunshine pumper if you wish but I think we are well on our way back into the national picture.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

And?

Jun 10, 2012, 5:11 PM [ in reply to This blowout was pretty similar to the 1977 Gator Bowl where ]

Yet another Tigernet phenomenon. Just because something happened in the past doesn't mean it will happen again. This isn't 1977. Dabo ain't Danny Ford. (And I'm no Danny lover.)

Dabo seems to believe that speeches and talent win games rather than toughness (mental and physical), turnovers, and special teams. Danny knew better.

The only Tigernet phenomenon is the attack on anything that

Jun 10, 2012, 5:19 PM

might mean Clemson is going in the right direction.

If you have not been paying attention Dabo has added more hitting and CM has demanded more physical play. These men are not dumb like you like to think. Sorry to bust your bubble. Yes it is true you can't really judge this until the end of the season--but that is life.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Jun 10, 2012, 7:54 PM [ in reply to This blowout was pretty similar to the 1977 Gator Bowl where ]

Yep, what he said!

I agree with most of what you post, but 1 play does change

Jun 10, 2012, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Game never hangs on one play, at least not a blow out. ]

games. It happens all the time. The Gaines Adams interception return for a TD changed that game. The fumble vs. GT & WV last year changed those games. Football is a game of momentum and one play can change that.

Kevin Steele being DC is what lost that game….

Jun 10, 2012, 5:07 PM

but the game is over with. Move on. Dabo has gotten a new DC. So there is no point in bemoaning the loss as terrible as it was, because the problem has been fixed.

Jun 10, 2012, 5:25 PM

So you want to talk about everything else that is in the past like the overall record against USC but not the stuff that makes you look bad. Y'all are pathetic and irrelevant and it is great.

I think focusing on the good rather than the bad is the best

way to move forward.

Yes--recognize the bad stuff--but don't dwell on it and let it shape some kind of doom and gloom feeling about the future.

Nope, get right back on the BIG HORSE and ride it again for all it's worth.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was the (im)perfect storm

We had an offense that had shown during the year (and during the 1st quarter of the OB) that we could score a ton of points and often make up for the shortcomings of our defense.

So, when we had that freak play that flipped all momentum in the game WVU, to their credit, kept their foot on the gas and scored at will on our obviously overmatched defense. Our offense pressed and made tons of mistakes. Mistakes, typically, of effort, but foolish nonetheless.

It's the sort of game that any other year would've been a 42-14 sort of game. But they kept scoring and we just had no way to stop the flood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was the (im)perfect storm

Jun 10, 2012, 5:38 PM

"But they kept scoring and we just had no way to stop the flood"

I see that you're seeing into the future of what all the cockerel's will be saying after their visit to DV 63-17 will be where they wish the Tigers would have stopped

Exactly which is why to me the 45-0 game vs. USC will alway

Jun 10, 2012, 5:56 PM [ in reply to It was the (im)perfect storm ]

trump the 63-17 game. The 45-0 game was pure domination, not big and/or broken plays. In the 45-0 game they knew we were pretty much going to run the ball right down their throat and there was absolutely nothing they could do to stop it.

Re: Exactly which is why to me the 45-0 game vs. USC will a

Jun 10, 2012, 7:51 PM

63-17 was horrible but didnt really linger for me. Was just one of those nights where one team hit a high level and the other didnt. Clemson was the better team for sure, but if those teams play again its probably much closer. I would say its a perfect analogy of the orange bowl last year. The 45- 0 game was one of the two worst games i ever sat through. Those teams could have played over and over with similar results.

Re: Exactly which is why to me the 45-0 game vs. USC will alway

Jun 10, 2012, 6:04 PM

Living in the past must be fun.

Re: Exactly which is why to me the 45-0 game vs. USC will alway

Jun 10, 2012, 6:13 PM

only if you have one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2012, 6:10 PM

I agree.
I too am tired of all the articles dealing with the 70 -33 blowout,or Geno Smith's record 6 BCS touchdown passes,or Clemsons 4 turnovers,or giving up 49 points in a half,or how different this year was from the last time we were in the Orange Bowl.
Dang,I hate that,and West Virginia.
But hate Dabo.Nah,ain't going to happen.
Oh,I didn't read the part about being an A$$.
Just thought a little bit of humor might make up for this dreary day.

P.S.Don't bother reading anything past the part where I said I agree.

After we go 11-1 this season, that perception will be wiped

Jun 10, 2012, 6:15 PM

away.

Jun 10, 2012, 6:28 PM

I don't care if we lost by one or gave up 70. That game is over. We lost. Let's move on and support this year's team. And big things coming in the future with this program.

Jun 10, 2012, 6:51 PM

The fumble return was a huge play and swung the momemtum for sure but not sure it was the game breaker. We came back and cut the lead to 8 after that and at that point were still very much in the game. The turnovers and subsequent 3 quick WVU scores which led to the 29 point halftime lead were the nail in the coffin. Had we not turned it over and instead continued to score then I think the 2nd half may have been the shootout we expected.

As far as Dabo fixing the problem we will just have to see. I was glad to see him pull the trigger on Steele. I am cautiously optimistic that the defense will be better but I remember being fired up about Steele when we made the hire and we all know how that worked out. BV has not coached a game here yet so we won't really know until we see the product on the field in live action. Hard to think we will not be better though.

that might have been a turning point but that game didn't

Jun 10, 2012, 8:34 PM

hinge on that one play....you need to gather yourself after a bad play and come back to prove it was a fluke. We got our butts kicked...sometimes it happens and it did.

It really wasn't all that bad

Jun 10, 2012, 8:36 PM

if you just look at the 33. That's usually more than enough to win a bowl game.

not that's funny***

Jun 10, 2012, 8:37 PM

Jun 10, 2012, 9:25 PM

was was the score after the fumble return?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're All Sick of Remembering OB ... But T-Net posters

Jun 10, 2012, 11:11 PM

are not considering one very important factor. For WVA, that bowl was all about the ACC looking down on the Big East and WVA.

Yes, we all have heard Clemson was for WVA admittance. BUT the WVA coaches smartly spun it and fired up their troops by telling them that the ACC and Clemson looked down upon the Big East and particularly WVA who was too stupid, too redneck, and just plain not good enough for the exclusive ACC. Meanwhile we were tickled pink to be in a BCS Bowl.

Lesson learned. This upcoming year will be different due to that lesson. I certainly believe our skin will be thicker.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic