Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No. Schedule difficulty is not a thing.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

No. Schedule difficulty is not a thing.

Apr 28, 2019, 2:34 AM

The New England Patriots, by virtue of how the NFL schedules games, plays 9-10 teams sub .500 or sub .500 teams each season. All they have to do is win half their remaining games to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs and first round bye.

By the logic of SEC apologist and Big 10 agitators, New England “wouldn’t last ten seconds” in the (fill in the blank) division.

Real fact: New England still has to beat the best teams in the AFC and the NFC champion. Which they do more often than not.

Real Fact #2: Since 2011, Clemson is 12-2 in post season play vs the best teams in the country and conference.

Annnnd I’m out. I’m tired of this stupid debate. It is really about the SEC ego and their inability to recognize a cold truth. Their best team is second fiddle.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People just use these excuses to explain why they're wrong

Apr 28, 2019, 2:39 AM

because they would lose their jobs as talking heads if they ever admitted to being biased.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s the biggest driver of this whole conversation.

Apr 28, 2019, 9:06 AM

You are correct. ESPN just sucks. Not only are they biased- it seems like half their people went to SEC schools- but they also have an economic incentive to praise Bama and the SEC.

It’s just the latest loser excuse eSECpn is pushing to keep

Apr 28, 2019, 4:00 AM

the mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, “SEC fans” happy. It makes no difference. We should have scored on that last drive just to drive it up to 35 points and laugh even harder.

People should know when they’re conquered.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: No. Schedule difficulty is not a thing.

Apr 28, 2019, 4:09 AM

I've explained away the success of the Patriots over the last 2 decades, by way of their schedule ....... 6 byes against their Divisional rivals, means that usually they are guaranteed home field advantage in the play-offs, which statistics show is a huge advantage. They're almost guaranteeda place in (at least) the Conference Championship game.

Don't ask me to re-evaluate them, and start giving them credit, by bringing my beloved Tigers into the equation, ha ha.

Apr 28, 2019, 8:10 AM

The best response to our schedule being weak. Embrace it and tell everyone that we will enter the playoff fresh and healthy to kick their backsides AGAIN!

Nail meet Hammer

Apr 28, 2019, 8:13 AM

Well done.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2019, 8:28 AM

This debate was put to rest in January. Two of the most historic brands in college football, #3 Notre Dame and #1 Alabama, were both absolutely dominated and destroyed by the Clemson Tigers!

#ALLIN

Message was edited by: tigernation2000

Apr 28, 2019, 9:47 AM

I just hope those people on this board saying that our easy schedule doesn’t matter and we can’t control who we play were not the ones bashing UCF for “not scheduling anyone”. We can’t just shift the narrative when it’s not in our favor.

And before the downvotes come in I don’t like UCF or think they Earned a playoff spot. They did not win a national championship.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic