Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's time to end the Flag controversy boycott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 135
| visibility 1

It's time to end the Flag controversy boycott

Mar 13, 2013, 5:05 PM

Once again the state of SC will not hold any NCAA BB games because of the NAACP boycott due to the "Flag" flying on Statehouse grounds.

This state needs to get it together, take the flag down, put it in the history museum and sue the NAACP and the NCAA for Restraint of Trade and Unfair Business Practices for all the dollars this state, it's hotels, restaurants, venues, etc., that have been lost.

Only the Southern Conference will not shy away from the NAACP as they have held their baseball tourney in Greenville and Charleston for years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

keyword: Southern***

Mar 13, 2013, 5:06 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Pretty Ironic

Mar 13, 2013, 5:16 PM

Pretty ironic that NCAA will allow regular season games, baseball and other sport playoff games/regionals/super regionals, but not basketball.

Pretty stupid!

There is no irony

Mar 13, 2013, 5:34 PM

Any postseason game that is hosted on the basis of merit is allowed (regionals/supers) but in basketball the post season games are granted by bids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you for putting that in laymans terms. i had never

Mar 13, 2013, 7:51 PM

thought about the " merit vs. bidding " aspect of the selected sites. thanks again.

Re: keyword: Southern***

Mar 13, 2013, 9:29 PM [ in reply to keyword: Southern*** ]

HUH??? You have a problem with southern

no, the SoCon remains Southern. I born and raised in Heart of

Mar 14, 2013, 12:11 PM

the South, Charleston, went to The Citadel for crying out loud. to quote the great philosopher, Bocephus, "if the South woulda won we'd had it made"

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Boycott has not hurt us.***

Mar 13, 2013, 5:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: It's time to end the Flag controversy boycott

Mar 13, 2013, 5:40 PM

NO! South Carolina should never give in to that organization. The flag is flown on the Confederate MEMORIAl in honor of the thousands of South Carolinians who fought and died for the Confederacy. I understand the argument when it flew over the state house, but key word here is memorial.

Also the boycott is a joke, and so is the NAACP.

Mar 13, 2013, 5:41 PM

Or we can continue to tell them to kiss our collective country azzez, keep the flag where it is (already a compromise) and they can keep their games. Do you really think that there will be a sweet-16 game at the Bi-Lo center? The state of SC has never been known to roll over to outside demands and shouldn't start now.

People from South Carolina have a chip on their shoulder

Mar 13, 2013, 5:44 PM

that I never sensed when I lived in North Carolina or Georgia? Almost a sense of insecurity or inadequacy.

No, we just don't care what you or others think.***

Mar 13, 2013, 5:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Teen moms on Maury Povich have the same response.***

Mar 13, 2013, 7:13 PM

Re: Teen moms on Maury Povich have the same response.***

Mar 13, 2013, 9:28 PM

Make sure you never come back to SC you yankee loser

Re: Teen moms on Maury Povich have the same response.***

Mar 13, 2013, 11:05 PM

whoa! don't the scriptures tell you not to judge people? what happened to your relationship with Jesus?

Yes, the Scriptures say we cannot judge people. But, we

Mar 14, 2013, 6:00 AM

can sure judge actions!

You mean the King James version from 1611?

Mar 14, 2013, 8:03 AM

The version edited and approved by the King and Parliment that is a the word of the king, I mean God?

Re: You mean the King James version from 1611?

Mar 14, 2013, 4:20 PM

No, I mean the English Standard Version, in context ...

Luke 6

Judging Others

37 “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; 38 give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

39 He also told them a parable: “Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40 A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone when he is fully trained will be like his teacher. 41 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 42 How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye.

A Tree and Its Fruit

43 “For no good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit, 44 for each tree is known by its own fruit. For figs are not gathered from thornbushes, nor are grapes picked from a bramble bush. 45 The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Information on ESV - http://www.esv.org/esv/introduction/

Re: Yes, the Scriptures say we cannot judge people. But, we

Mar 14, 2013, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Yes, the Scriptures say we cannot judge people. But, we ]

If you ask me "you Yankee loser" is the judgement of a person, not an action.

He's not perfect, just better than you

Mar 16, 2013, 10:27 AM

and the yankee loser, and well, me too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya know, a lot of Southerners think attitudes like yours are

Mar 13, 2013, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Teen moms on Maury Povich have the same response.*** ]

ignorant and outdated. You should consider being a little more realistic and down to earth.

Says the guy with a NY Giants avatar. Ironic?***

Mar 14, 2013, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Teen moms on Maury Povich have the same response.*** ]

If you watch that show, your mentality is showing.***

Mar 13, 2013, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Teen moms on Maury Povich have the same response.*** ]

He made a good analogy.Did you or did you not get the point?***

Mar 13, 2013, 11:52 PM

Re: He made a good analogy.Did you or did you not get the point?***

Mar 14, 2013, 6:02 AM

Yes, and I made a counterpoint.

As teen mom says "You don't know me. I do what I want."

Mar 14, 2013, 8:06 AM [ in reply to If you watch that show, your mentality is showing.*** ]

I believe Maury recruits teen moms from South Carolina for his show.

South Carolina has always been the big dog on this block*****

Mar 13, 2013, 7:50 PM [ in reply to People from South Carolina have a chip on their shoulder ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: South Carolina has always been the big dog on this block*****

Mar 13, 2013, 9:29 PM

At least in its own mind. But in the real world the state of South Carolina is culturally and economically insignificant. Maybe in part to the foolish hard-headedness being shown in this very thread.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.***

Mar 14, 2013, 8:27 AM [ in reply to South Carolina has always been the big dog on this block***** ]

You can leave anytime Johnston

Mar 13, 2013, 9:27 PM [ in reply to People from South Carolina have a chip on their shoulder ]

Please grow up.***

Mar 13, 2013, 11:53 PM

Thanks for the pass NY Giansts fan.

Mar 14, 2013, 8:11 AM [ in reply to You can leave anytime Johnston ]

In exchange, I will allow you to go Georgia, North Carolina, or New Jersey. Give me a year or two and you will have access to New York.

You're bringing sports into my argument?

Mar 14, 2013, 4:36 PM

You don't like what SC does, then get out.

Re: People from South Carolina have a chip on their shoulder

Mar 13, 2013, 9:36 PM [ in reply to People from South Carolina have a chip on their shoulder ]

well move your a$$ back ga or nc. Do those states catch the h3ll that this state does.

The truth is

Mar 13, 2013, 9:37 PM [ in reply to People from South Carolina have a chip on their shoulder ]

you just described the NAACP. The fact they can't get what they want just kills them.
No one else in South Carolina ( black, white, whatever) cares about the flag issue.

And you feel you can speak for the African Americans of SC

Mar 14, 2013, 12:56 PM

why, exactly?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, its superiority which you wouldn't understand***

Mar 13, 2013, 10:12 PM [ in reply to People from South Carolina have a chip on their shoulder ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Failing public school =superiority is something i don't get***

Mar 14, 2013, 8:12 AM

lol, nor would anyone else.***

Mar 14, 2013, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Nope, its superiority which you wouldn't understand*** ]

What's superior about

Mar 14, 2013, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Nope, its superiority which you wouldn't understand*** ]

celebrating that time you got your ### handed to you in a war you started so you could continue to own people?

The state looks like a jilted ex that just can't let #### go.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BS, a sense of history, why can't the white people show

Mar 14, 2013, 4:20 PM [ in reply to People from South Carolina have a chip on their shoulder ]

their support for those who died for what they believed.

No matter how much some dislike it, it's part of our history, part of the US history, and taking down a flag won't change a thing

Mar 15, 2013, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Re: It's time to end the Flag controversy boycott ]

AGREE!!! The Flag moving should never be considered in any sports agreements of any kind at any time, NEVER!!! The Confederate Flag has never represented racism, only the true racist says it does. Removing the confederate flag would only give the real racist the fuel to go after another Southern Heritage to claim racism against until its also branded as a form of racism and removed from our Heritage. The NAACP should be Ban from this country. Racism is as strong as the NAACP. NAACP is where racism is very much alive and well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The war ended a 150 years ago. The flag was raised in

Mar 13, 2013, 5:43 PM

state house during the early 60s and the civil rights movement with symbolism that didn't stand for honoring the soldiers that fought in the civil war. There is a stereotype that southern states are stuck in the past. It would go a long way to do away with the flag as a sign of social progress. Also, what is the infatuation with continually remembering war? There is more to the south than remembering a war and more to anybody's lineage than their great great great grandfather fighting in a war.

Re: The war ended a 150 years ago. The flag was raised in

Mar 13, 2013, 5:59 PM

Being Southern means more than where you were born. You obviously don't understand. You seem like a bright young man, so quit arguing with what you will never understand and go back whatever you were doing. You sound like you have feelings of inadequacy and insecurity. I feel sad for you. It always amazes me that people are fine with traditions that they support, but attempt to ridicule the ones they don't. If you don't support me, fine. Go do something that you enjoy and don't try to tell others how to live or what to believe. Thank you in advance.

Being southern means you were born or live in a region

Mar 13, 2013, 7:10 PM

of the United States. For people that say proud to be an American, proud to be a Clemson fan, proud to be from New York, it is a bit silly because you are proud of something you did not really accomplish. Different from saying proud to be a Clemson alum because you earned the degree, or proud to have finished that Tough Mudder, because you trained and earned it. Holding too much pride over where you are from could be a sign of inadequacy or insecurity since it was just something you are rather than something you earned. I am fine with the tradition of the confederate flag flying around South Carolina. I usually forget the losing team in the Super Bowl or World Series, but the confederate flag reminds me who finished in second place in the Civil War.

Obama was born in Kenya.***

Mar 13, 2013, 9:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

southern kenya?

Mar 13, 2013, 9:25 PM

it might be important.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, bless your heart.***

Mar 13, 2013, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Being southern means you were born or live in a region ]

i thought it more analogous with being "christian"... where

Mar 13, 2013, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Being southern means you were born or live in a region ]

are all they born again?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're not proud of being an American?***

Mar 13, 2013, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Being southern means you were born or live in a region ]

I have nothing to do with being an American

Mar 14, 2013, 8:10 AM

I was just born here. I like living here, I think our foreign policy is costly in many ways. Government is corrupt and serves corporations rather than people and there is a war on personal freedoms. I consider myself lucky to live in a developed country where I can state my mind, but I am not going to be some guy chanting USA USA at a pro wrestling show or NASCAR event. I think American cars suck compared to European or Asian cars, because to be frank, they have better engineering and quality control from their employees.

They are ready when you are ...***

Mar 14, 2013, 4:50 PM

Good for you

Mar 13, 2013, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Being southern means you were born or live in a region ]

it doesn't remind you of slavery. Case in point.

Mar 13, 2013, 6:12 PM [ in reply to The war ended a 150 years ago. The flag was raised in ]

It was placed there for the Centenial of the Civil War by Earnest Hollings, then governor. Nothing to do with civil rights.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2013, 6:17 PM

Then it should have come down after that year long period.

Mar 13, 2013, 9:37 PM

Yes...if it was placed there for an anniversary, why is it still flying 50 years later?

It was the legislature's idea, and they did indeed...

Mar 14, 2013, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: The war ended a 150 years ago. The flag was raised in ]

... say it was to celebrate the Centennial. They lied. Imagine that.

Black should meet whites half way on this thing.

Mar 13, 2013, 6:11 PM

I mean, it's not like any whites alive today ever owned a slave and it's not like any blacks alive today were ever enslaved.

If you intend to straighten out the historical mess of this country you need to get your white and black azzes off Native American's land.

If you don't touch first base there's no reason to run another 90 feet to second and if you can't give me back my land there's not much chance of settling the rest of the racial issues.

Anyone who doesn't agree with me is a rassist, homophobe, heathen who doesn't love Jesus and puppies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not all Blacks are "Offended" by the Flag.

Mar 13, 2013, 6:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01D1ufIgSCA

^^^ . i'm going to side with tonto on this one...

Mar 13, 2013, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Black should meet whites half way on this thing. ]

until something better comes along.

^^^not a rassist, homophobe, heathen who doesn't love Jesus***

Mar 14, 2013, 6:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Black should meet whites half way on this thing.

Mar 13, 2013, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Black should meet whites half way on this thing. ]

good grief has nothing to do with slaves !!!!!! Blacks were some of the biggest slave owners in the south

Deer Casino Owner in Cherokee......

Mar 16, 2013, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Black should meet whites half way on this thing. ]

Get Off My Lawn!

Re: The NAACP is a business

Mar 13, 2013, 6:22 PM

The NAACP is a business that doesn't really care about people of any color. This issue was settled years ago in the SC legislature. Furthermore, no really cares about the issue.

NAACP is light bulb business ... if you make a light-bulb

Mar 13, 2013, 6:27 PM

that lasts a lifetime, you put yourself out of business.

Re: NAACP is light bulb business ... if you make a light-bulb

Mar 13, 2013, 6:37 PM

You are exactly right. Unfortunately, these guys have no interest in racial harmony.

You feel a personal connection to

Mar 13, 2013, 6:28 PM

Something that was 150 years ago?

I have a personal connection to a man who walked on

Mar 13, 2013, 7:04 PM

this earth about 2000 years ago.

the black jewish guy with a mexican name that is derived

Mar 13, 2013, 7:11 PM

from a fictional book?

What would Jesus say about the confederate flag?***

Mar 13, 2013, 7:14 PM

"Let the dead bury their dead.."

Mar 13, 2013, 7:44 PM

How could a 2000 year old fictional work cover something current?

I don't expect you have any idea what the quote means so I'll tell you. There are two dead. The physical and the spiritual. Jesus said let the dead (spiritual) bury their dead (physical).

Simply put, we don't have time to get involved with issues of this world. Of course, He wasn't talking about Clemson sports, I hope.

Or did King James say it when he edited the Bible

Mar 14, 2013, 8:15 AM

which has been edited so many times from different languages, by different popes and kings that nobody has an idea of what its original context was or what was written?

Old King James didn't edit the scripture...

Mar 15, 2013, 11:05 PM

he had it translated.

I understand he commissioned about 25 of the day's best scholars and told them before one word was placed in 'his,' translation that every one of them had to agree on it. We must presume they took him seriously.

I ain't arguing with a child.

Your grammar is horrible.

Mar 18, 2013, 5:34 PM

The day's best scholars who were at the king's mercy to edit it his way. What are the consequences of not agreeing with the king?

He will say to you depart from me ye worker of iniquity

Mar 13, 2013, 9:33 PM [ in reply to What would Jesus say about the confederate flag?*** ]

I never knew you. Go read Matthew 7 Johnston

read it. Pretty poorly written and boring.***

Mar 14, 2013, 8:30 AM

What would Jesus say about you calling Him a liar?***

Mar 13, 2013, 10:41 PM [ in reply to the black jewish guy with a mexican name that is derived ]

Let me help ...

John 8:43-45, Jesus speaking to those who felt they knew truth,

"43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me."

Re: What would Jesus say about you calling Him a liar?***

Mar 13, 2013, 10:47 PM

Probably "lol j/k"

No, I don't believe Jesus would say "Just kidding" to

Mar 14, 2013, 6:07 AM

anyone who called the Scriptures "fiction".

I did not call him a liar. I just said he is fictional

Mar 14, 2013, 8:20 AM [ in reply to What would Jesus say about you calling Him a liar?*** ]

Would Luke Skywalker strike me down for saying he did not help bring down the empire? Would Harry Potter cast a spell on me for saying he is a jerk?

First, every picture of Jesus is a white guy. How does a guy in the middle east with ancestry from Africa look like a fair skin white guy?

Second, if he was walking around today, a lot of people would just assume he is some crazy dirty hippie spouting some nonsense to get a handout.

Third, Austin 3:!6.

Re: I did not call him a liar. I just said he is fictional

Mar 14, 2013, 4:28 PM

First, Luke and Harry ARE fiction. If you deny Jesus existed, you are truly mistaken. Ask any atheist you happen to see, "Did Jesus exist?" Chances are they will say yes.

Second, only a truly mistaken individual would ever DENY that Jesus was Jewish. So, no, he was not caucasian. And, his ancestry was Jewish. Not sure where you get that he was African. Please provide reference.

Third, may be so, but those who know Him wouldn't. Jesus was revolutionary in that He pointed people to God, not to man. Sound familiar? He knew man cannot save himself from himself. And, He knew we couldn't keep God's righteous law. That was why He came.

Fourth, Austin 3:!6 is not in ANY recognized versions of scholarly-accepted version of Scripture.

That is all.

WWJD***

Mar 13, 2013, 11:55 PM [ in reply to I have a personal connection to a man who walked on ]

Please tell us since I am sure you have read the Bible

Mar 14, 2013, 6:09 AM

and know what Jesus would do.

I have read the bible, long and really boring book

Mar 14, 2013, 8:24 AM

I believe Jesus (if he did exist), would recommend not reading the book since it is not the word of god, but rather a book that has lost its context and true meaning through translations from different languages and editing by popes and kings through the course of modern history to match and reflect their agenda to control people.

Riiiiiigght ... you just keep believing that.

Mar 14, 2013, 3:45 PM

And, seriously, "if did exist"?? Even the most commited atheist will acknowledge Jesus existed.

And, I guess that "inspired by the Holy Spirit" verse slips your mind concerning the Bible not being God's Word.

And, "lost its meaning and editing" part .... LOL!! Most modern translations are translated from ORIGINAL codexes ... Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.

Look up Horus.

Mar 18, 2013, 5:37 PM

Didn't the holy spirit also inspire the inquisition, crusades, and many cults?

Scholars have not been able to translate ancient hebrew as the language used numbers and letters interchangeably.

You got a lot of nerve bringing Jesus into this.***

Mar 14, 2013, 11:39 AM [ in reply to I have a personal connection to a man who walked on ]

He's a bigot, too?

Mar 14, 2013, 1:01 PM [ in reply to I have a personal connection to a man who walked on ]

I mean...I know he was a #### to that fig tree, but I didn't get much of a hatred and subjugation vibe from him.

Yep

Mar 13, 2013, 6:31 PM

The mentality of always remembering war is what creates tensions today in many parts of the world. It's almost as if people feel an obligation to continue a fight that is no longer relevant to them.

And we wonder why Israelis and Palestinians can't get along. Neither can part with their "heritage"

cockerel's know all about Stars & Bars

Mar 13, 2013, 6:40 PM

many of their stars have been behind the bars at RCDC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's time to end the Flag controversy boycott***

Mar 13, 2013, 7:21 PM

This whole issue stopped being about a flag years ago

Mar 13, 2013, 7:40 PM

It has since become more a battle of stubborn wills as one group wants to be sure the other doesn't get its way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: This whole issue stopped being about a flag years ago

Mar 13, 2013, 8:06 PM

The flag represents black and white soldiers that lost their lives in that war. As bad as slavery was, where would the descendants be now if their great grand parents had not been sold by their leaders to the Northerners who bought them and then sold them to the plantation owners down South.

where are the flags from every other war the u.s. has fought

Mar 13, 2013, 8:08 PM

since the civil war? that shoots down that argument.

Re: where are the flags from every other war the u.s. has fought

Mar 13, 2013, 9:27 PM

Really??????? That's the biggest war the country has ever seen. shoot that down

Mar 13, 2013, 9:55 PM [ in reply to where are the flags from every other war the u.s. has fought ]

you mean the american flag? I think its there somewhere

the ones i see have 50 stars, and you know what that means,

Mar 14, 2013, 4:31 AM

right? look at your history books and count the number of states during each war fought since the civil war.if i want to see u.s. flags,from prior to the current 50 state flag ( which was also when there were a few wars fought), i go to the museum.

Re: the ones i see have 50 stars, and you know what that means,

Mar 14, 2013, 5:04 AM

The great thing abt S.C. is that you don't have to go a museum to relish our heritage. You can go to Chas. and see Ft. Sumter. You can go to the Kings Mountain battlefield. And you can go to our state house, see where Sherman's cannon balls hit and enjoy viewing the battle flag of the ANV next to the soldier's monument. A proud and enduring history.

ft.sumter, and the state house, would be hard to put in a

Mar 14, 2013, 5:22 PM

museum (kings mountain was a revolutionary war battleground), however, the army of northern virginia surrendered, south carolina's civil war army, not under the command of the army of nv toward the end of the war, was/is unsurrendered - it's true,at least in theory!

On top of the State House.***

Mar 13, 2013, 9:58 PM [ in reply to where are the flags from every other war the u.s. has fought ]

agreed. i'm southern, a south carolinean, all of my relative

Mar 13, 2013, 7:59 PM

s are from sc,nc or ga., i come from a military family, have served in the military, and have had relatives killed in wars, and i am fine with the state of sc putting the flag in a museum, heck, thats where i go to view most of the usa's history! get sports outta politics- now,please.

This thread too deep

Mar 13, 2013, 8:01 PM

Going to drink another beer.

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

See the Tigers in Greenville...

Mar 13, 2013, 8:25 PM

It would be great to see the Tigers in a first round NCAA game in Greenville or Charleston.

OK, I am dreaming..

Why is anyone listening to what the racist NAACP says?***

Mar 13, 2013, 8:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Why is anyone listening to what the racist NAACP says?***

Mar 13, 2013, 9:00 PM

If you took down the flag tomorrow, there still wouldn't be any ACC tournaments in SC. The ACC is NC-centric and always has been.

My questionis why the hell does GA

Mar 13, 2013, 8:58 PM

get a pass when its embeded in their state flag...Its a ridiculous boy cott and the state should keep it up and sue the ncaa and naacp

Georgia redesigned their flag years ago.

Mar 13, 2013, 9:47 PM

Mississippi is the state you are looking for. Which of course begs the question; does SC want to be like Mississippi?

maybe mississippi wants to be like south carolina...

Mar 13, 2013, 9:59 PM

south carolina was here first you know.

Take a look at the first national confederate flag and the

Mar 13, 2013, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Georgia redesigned their flag years ago. ]

Georgia flag. Tell me they still don't have the confederacy integrated in. That is the funny thing is they redesign it and all the people who don't know history think that it is great. In fact the SC state flag that we currently have is really a confederate flag as it was designed as our national flag when SC was the first state to secede from the Union. I guess ignorance is bliss.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1st+national+confederate+flag&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ITtBUYr8JbXJ4APDtoGQAQ&ved=0CEMQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=785

https://www.google.com/search?q=georgia+state+flag&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=MjtBUYTJCO-p4AOBh4GADw&sqi=2&ved=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=785

Re: Take a look at the first national confederate flag and the

Mar 13, 2013, 10:58 PM

Tu, Horse. I've always called our state flag the original Confederate flag. When folks were talking abt integrating the naval jack or the Stars and Bars in half-field with it (during the "compromise debates"), I couldn't believe it. Our state history is more important than any war, incl the WBTS.

No you are off base.

Mar 14, 2013, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Take a look at the first national confederate flag and the ]

The hatred towards the flag has little to do with the actual civil war history of it and everything to do with certain groups using it as a hate symbol against other groups. Georgia was able to compromise by removing the symbol that so many hate while still holding on to their history.

To further elaborate...

Mar 14, 2013, 12:04 AM

On one side you have Georgia, a state that embraced the reality of what the flag stands for among a significant percentage of their population, found a solution and moved on. On the other you have SC that for the most part has took the stance of "you can take it out of my cold dead fingers".

if we secede again, hopefully it's before 4/15 so i don't

Mar 13, 2013, 9:22 PM

have to file an extension.

oh yeah keep given in to the f'n libs. Heck NO don't take it down move back on top of the house!!!!!!!!! They didn't hold up to their end of the bargain so d@mn them all

Yeah take it down cause of sports

Many of your ancestors died for that flag. Nothing wrong with having a flag to remember the falling soldiers

It's time to end the Flag controversy

Mar 13, 2013, 9:45 PM

It's past time to secede again and put the flag back up where it belongs.

Re: It's time to end the Flag controversy

Mar 13, 2013, 9:57 PM

As a welfare state with poor education, bad crime and no benchmark industries, that sounds like an incredible idea! I'm sure South Carolina will do just fine without everyone else propping them up--errrr I mean holding them back!

Mar 13, 2013, 10:04 PM

Along with a median family income 16% lower than the US average.

Mar 15, 2013, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Re: It's time to end the Flag controversy ]

The only thing hurting this state is all the lazy moochers who won't get their lazy ##### out and get a job. You can thank your wonderful president for allowing them to continue living off us tax paying hard working citizens.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on Bengal Billy..

Mar 13, 2013, 10:47 PM [ in reply to It's time to end the Flag controversy ]

tu for you, good sir. This debate is just silly. The ncaazis should keep their noses out of state politics. If they're so concerned abt the flag, then why not boycott the states of Ga. and Miss....and Bama and Fla, for that matter? They all have either the St. Andrews Cross or Confederate battle flag in their STATE FLAGS. Hypocrisy at its finest. The historical cleansers home in on S.C. b/c we capitulated to their demands to move it off the dome. We compromised and yet they still whine. Good news for heritage supporters.....it will fly next to the monument forever. Your great grandchildren will get to enjoy it flapping in the wind. The law was well written....look it up. And laugh at those who have conniption fits abt things they can't control or understand.

Re: Election Time

Mar 13, 2013, 11:48 PM

These stories are always rehashed during the coming election seasons like death and taxes.

Senator Robert Ford on the issue:

http://www.ournewsnow.com/national/963/Black-SC-Lawmaker-Waves-Confederate-Flag?page=97

Mar 13, 2013, 9:58 PM

better question is why is the NCAA the only organization to support the boycott when something like Black Bike Week is in Myrtle Beach every year.

Went to 1st round NCAA at BiLo center several years ago ; one of the best sporting events ever.***

Mar 13, 2013, 10:57 PM

as a student and fan of this period in history

Mar 13, 2013, 11:08 PM

I have no problem with the "Stars and Bars" displayed at the state capitol. It is our heritage, our history. SC is full of rich history from that period.

Proud Southerners, both black and white, have risen from that time.

Mar 14, 2013, 8:40 AM

Duh that would be the American flag. The only other flag that has been flown in a US war. By the way it still flies above the capital.

Mar 14, 2013, 8:40 AM

They can keep their effing basketball. I don't watch the crap anyway. As far as the NAACP goes,eff them too. if you don't like the flag go live somewhere else. That flag is a part of history just like Martin Luther King is. If you want to take down the flag then you should end Martin Luther king day and black history month while you are at it. I am so mtired of all these "I am offended" jerkoffs. Get some thicker skin and worry about something that is an issue. I do however agree with your post about suing them. Wouldn't do any good because then we would be discriminating against them. Like I said eff those losers,or loosers for those of you who can't spell.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2013, 9:50 AM

I wish tiger band would go back to playing Dixie at football games. Simply a beautiful song

Mar 14, 2013, 12:57 PM

I don't understand the controversy. Flag was on top of capital building and the NAACP and others wanted it removed. Legislature met, decided to remove the flag from capital building and placed it in spot that pissed both sides off. To me that sounds like compromise.

Compromise to NAACP and liberals is you give us everything we want and you get nothing and that is fair?

I have a better idea for NAACP. We have poor schools in our state that could use their help and could really use the money they've wasted since the compromise. Maybe instead of spending millions on a fight that saw a compromise they should spend it to help the schools in our state that need help.

Problem with that is it doesn't stir up emotions which drives their ability to "extort" money. Look at black education rates, crime rate, poverty rates, out of wedlock babies and the most important issue the NAACP wants to confront in our state is a flag on capital grounds. Geez!!!!

I will say its funny seeing all these people upset and

Mar 14, 2013, 12:47 PM

offended at people being upset and offended at something.

Person A: I am angered at this thing going on.
Person B: I can't believe PersonA! They are getting their panties in a wad over nothing! (Proceeds to get own panties in a wad)

I think those making a big deal about the flag (the NAACP, the NCAA, Jesse Jackson, etc) are going overboard, but there are people acting like just as much babies about them in this thread as as the NAACP is about the flag.

Keep it up, we did what the NAACP ask, and if we take it

Mar 14, 2013, 4:17 PM

down,

the NCAA or ACC wont come to SC for basketball.

The NCAA holds regional tournament at Clemson, USC, and Coastal in the past for basebball

so if they were serious the NCAA would not do that, since SC has very little interest from fans for basketball they won't be coming to this State for the NCAA tournamnet.

Between Charlotte and Atlanta....

Mar 14, 2013, 5:06 PM

The NCAA would never seriously consider any location in football crazy/basketball indifferent South Carolina.

Do whatever is best for the citizens of the state and to hell with groups like the NCAA trying to use economic terrorism.

Re: Between Charlotte and Atlanta....

Mar 14, 2013, 5:13 PM

Hear hear, Louis. I read a study done awhile back that pretty conclusively showed that the boycott has essentially had zero effect on our economy. So not only are they hypocrites but they are losing their battle. I wonder how long it will be till they go after the Tillman and Hampton monuments? Gotta have something to keep the sheeple roused whilst ignoring REAL problems amongst their constituency.

I agree and I love this State for taking a stand against

Mar 16, 2013, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Between Charlotte and Atlanta.... ]

the trouble racist NAACP

their so called boycott is not and has not worked

even the Black Bikers still have their week at Mytle Beach each year

if they actually supported the boycott they would move their Black Bikers week to Ga or NC. and I wish they would.

Just the opposite... NAACP needs to quit crying like bitche$***

Mar 14, 2013, 5:24 PM

Mar 16, 2013, 8:44 AM

Actually its time to get rid of the relic that the NAACP has become. The NCAA is headed that way too!

Mar 18, 2013, 6:39 PM

Dancer, the naccp is certainly a relic. The ncaa is an out of touch sports governing body that is more concerned with profits and political correctness than doing what is right. Secession.....from the ncaa...is in order.

Replies: 135
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic