Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Penn State ranked 3rd?!?! Someone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Penn State ranked 3rd?!?! Someone

May 29, 2014, 11:02 AM

Please tell me how a program like PSU can be having such a great recruiting year despite the fact that they are getting hammered with huge scholly reductions and a barred from post season play!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because it's PSU. same reason jones is turning around

May 29, 2014, 11:05 AM

tennessee's recruiting, same reason strong will probably do the same with tejas recruiting...

it's ####### penn state.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, they seem to sign 30-40 players like SC thought

May 29, 2014, 11:09 AM

they had 3 less? I will never understand it.

Capability to promise early PT has its benefits.***

May 29, 2014, 11:13 AM

Because

May 29, 2014, 11:17 AM

People in Happy Valley drink the Kool-Aide...

Which color?

May 29, 2014, 11:18 AM

It's important

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Franklin is taking his learnings from being in the SEC,

May 29, 2014, 11:30 AM

mostly on how to properly use the "SEC Bagmen!

Franklin learned how to bend rules well

May 29, 2014, 11:32 AM

Guy is the next holtz

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

James Franklin sells snake oil with the best of 'em

May 29, 2014, 11:41 AM

He's flashy, cocky, and loud which resonates with a lot of recruits. He does a great job of building a rapport with recruits and convincing them he's one of them. From my time living in Nashville I can say I'm not impressed with how he portrays himself in public.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: James Franklin sells snake oil with the best of 'em

May 29, 2014, 11:53 AM

Franklin is also from PA and knows the area so he is making a big splash there....

he knows pa well enough to know that he has to

May 29, 2014, 8:17 PM

Recruit in other states.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

LOTS of loyal followers who want to play for them and

May 29, 2014, 12:06 PM

they also got a nice new coach, fairly big name from the SEC, lots of excitement to go play for him now.

They are obviously cheating. Any program that gets recruits

May 29, 2014, 12:09 PM

that isn't named Clemson, is obviously cheating.

While that's obviously true....

May 29, 2014, 12:23 PM

I thought PSU was on a probation that at least included losing a few scholarships. I guess that doesn't have much effect if a lot of players from the old regime have left and you can just recruit new ones to fill their places.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they hired two great coaches in...........

May 29, 2014, 12:31 PM

O'Brien and Franklin.

Re: Because its safe

May 29, 2014, 10:52 PM

to take a shower again.

Re: Penn State ranked 3rd?!?! Someone

May 29, 2014, 11:12 PM

COLLEGE
James Franklin irritates SEC again

Ralph D. Russo, Associated Press;
1 day ago
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus
more

Matthew OHaren, Matthew O'Haren-USA TODAY Sports
Apr 12, 2014; State College, PA, USA; Penn State Nittany Lions head coach James more
DESTIN, Fla. — Southeastern Conference football coaches want the NCAA to close a loophole that allows schools to take part in out-of-state summer camps with high school prospects.

Penn State and new coach James Franklin caused a stir down south when it was announced earlier this month that the Nittany Lions' staff would be working with prospects at Georgia State's camp in Atlanta on June 10.
NCAA rules prohibit schools from running camps out of state more than 50 miles from their campus. Penn State's presence at Georgia State's camp doesn't break the rule because the Nittany Lions are considered guests of the Panthers' staff.
The SEC has a league rule prohibiting coaches from being guests at another school's camp.
"There have been a lot of schools doing that for years," Georgia football coach Mark Richt said Wednesday during SEC spring meetings. "The spirit of that (NCAA) rule is not to have satellite camps all over the place."
SEC coaches are concerned that more schools will be encroaching on their fertile recruiting territory if the rules aren't reformed.
Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin raised the issue last year at SEC meetings. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State have routinely partnered with small schools in Texas to make their presence felt in the talent-rich Lone Star State.
Franklin's reach into Georgia brought even more attention to the issue. Franklin moved to Penn State after three seasons at Vanderbilt, where he was able to build recruiting relationships around the South.
Georgia State and coach Trent Miles benefit from the relationship with Penn State by drawing more and better players to their camp.
"To me, what I'm seeing is a loophole in that if another school sponsors a camp — Georgia Camp featuring Penn State coaches — or some Division II schools in Texas featuring Oklahoma's coaches or Oklahoma State's coaches or Texas' coaches and then just barnstorming all around the place," Richt said. "The rule says that everybody's camp should be on their own institution, so it's basically people finding a way around that rule. We think the rule was set for a reason and it ought to stay that way."
Kentucky coach Mark Stoops, who has had great success recruiting in Ohio since taking over the Wildcats after the 2012 season, said if the SEC coaches can't get the NCAA to close the loophole he would prefer the league lift its ban on guest coaching at other campuses.
"I don't want to speak for everybody in the room, but from what I heard in there is most of our coaches would be in favor of at least being on an even playing field," Stoops said.

Re: Penn State ranked 3rd?!?! Someone

May 30, 2014, 12:41 AM

Maybe it's because they need EVERY POSITION RIGHT NOW. Early PT for every recruit.

Nah - I think Reed was the only great player that left during the crisis.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic