Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who determines pay rates;
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 965

Who determines pay rates;

Aug 8, 2019, 1:13 PM

Does the NCAA have a determined pay rate for yard work? How about FUBARring investigations? Is it written somewhere? I want top know so I do not pay to much to some kid for trimming bushes or raking leaves this fall. I might commit a violation without knowing the unwritten standards. Are these union or nonunion rates? And confetti? They outlaw bubbles also?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably UNC, since they get to dictate academic standards as well.***

Aug 8, 2019, 1:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly if I want to pay someone

Aug 8, 2019, 1:16 PM

500 per hour to mow my lawn its my business!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you currently hiring***

Aug 8, 2019, 1:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Best thing to do is read your rules of engagement

Aug 8, 2019, 1:22 PM

Which are printed on every issue of the orange experience.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Pay cash only, envelope in neighbors mailbox...

Aug 8, 2019, 1:47 PM

no signed agreements, don't be present when the yardwork is done, avoid texting and social media.

In all seriousness though, I dont think any type of rule applies until they are a recruited athlete.

Don't know the exact wording but I do know a few NCAA

Aug 8, 2019, 2:02 PM

coaches. From what I hear the rule is basically that athletes can be paid for work at a similar reasonable rate that you would pay anyone else.

Room for interpretation I'm sure. A few dollars more per hour here and there is probably not a problem. Paying someone for example $50/hour to spread mulch probably would not fly.

Re: Don't know the exact wording but I do know a few NCAA

Aug 8, 2019, 2:35 PM

Where do I get this job spreading manure? I have done it for a lot less than this. First job I had paying by the hour was digging a drainage ditch through a swamp for a dollar an hour and lunch. Lunch was back meat, rice, greens, and cornbread with a slice of pecan pie for dessert. There was myself and two black guys who all ate at the same table as my Grandfather. And he expected me to work at least as hard as the other two. I know it was unusual for us to all eat at the same table, but my Grandfather treated everyone the same way. No he was not "the Enlightened Southener" but just someone who was tight with his money but did believe in feeding everyone on the job well enough. Only the young black guys would go into his house. The older blacks would not enter because they believed the ghosts of two former slaves haunted the place. They were named Mary and Oosbie. So much for being out in the swamps of the Low-Country.

What if that price includes the mulch***

Aug 8, 2019, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Don't know the exact wording but I do know a few NCAA ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 8
| visibility 965
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic