Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Paul Johnson needs to fire his Offensive Coordinator.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,002

Paul Johnson needs to fire his Offensive Coordinator.

Sep 23, 2016, 11:23 AM

Oh....wait.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder if Axetech & PJ...

Sep 23, 2016, 11:27 AM

broke up after last night?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Checkmate tends to sour relationships.***

Sep 23, 2016, 11:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i miss axetech and gtfan

Sep 23, 2016, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Wonder if Axetech & PJ... ]

did you see the pic of the both of them head down during game? we warned them

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Wonder if Axetech & PJ...

Sep 23, 2016, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Wonder if Axetech & PJ... ]

Problem is they will never recruit the talent to keep up if they don't change the system. Kind of a vicious cycle

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's been there a long time and it wasn't long ago they beat

Sep 23, 2016, 11:45 AM

Miss State in the Orange Bowl, just last January, 2015 to finish in the Top 10.

PJ's now ~65-45 in his 9th season at GT. That's not bad at all, but it's also not going to get much better.

He's a safe coach to run your team as his offense will give a lot of folks fits, he can mine athletes to populate the scheme, there are plenty out there looking for a D1 home and if GT fans are OK with OK, then he's IT.

Me personally, I'd prefer Chan Gailey and winning head2head recruiting matchups for Johnathan Dwyer against teams such as Clemson and at least the "hope" of something greater.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He must not be aware of Calvin Johnson and Demarius Thomas

Sep 23, 2016, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Wonder if Axetech & PJ... ]

when he says they couldn't recruit elite talent to a pro style offense.

How can any self respecting Tech fan not acknowledge the contributions of Chan Gailey's recruits to the best years of the Johnson era?

An up tempo spread attack is EXACTLY what Georgia Tech needs to run to contrast themselves to the other in state school and give recruits clear distinctions that will benefit them in recruiting. With the rules as they are, an up tempo spread can neutralize a more talented team at least as much as the option Johnson runs without scaring off recruits that would like to play in the NFL.

Aside from being wrong on everything,

Sep 23, 2016, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Wonder if Axetech & PJ... ]

he really knows football.

Hopefully, at the very least, he found the chess match between his OC and our DC and their big play offense incredibly interesting to watch.

^^^ .***

Sep 23, 2016, 11:46 AM

He definitely needs to realize ...

Sep 23, 2016, 11:28 AM

... a defense with 2 good CBs and 2 good safeties is going to put 8 in the box and dare him to throw.

And Justin Thomas is the best throwing QB he has had (or so ESPN told me last night) and he completed 4 passes last night.

Not going to win a lot of games against quality opponents with that offense.

Its not his fault defenses figured out his offense

Sep 23, 2016, 11:28 AM

Back in the 1980s lol

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,002
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic