Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Paul Finebaum
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Paul Finebaum

Oct 9, 2013, 10:31 AM

Paul Finebaum spoke on 560 The Team this am and had a great take on Gamecock fans acting like they are Alabama because they have had a few good years lately. Wish I had link to post with audio but definitely worth looking up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Paul Finebaum

Oct 9, 2013, 10:38 AM

He does tell it like it is and speaks his mind, but he's one of the strangest looking characters I've ever seen. He's like a lil weasel. But I like his insight on college football nonetheless.

I have caught his shows a few times. I was never able to

Oct 9, 2013, 10:51 AM

tell if the callers were plants or not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2013, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Paul Finebaum ]

Finebaum weighs 131 pounds soaking wet. 14 of those pounds are his ears.

He has spent the last four or five years on the radio bashing EVERYONE but Alabama, the conference they play in, even while he bashes coaching at Georgia, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Florida State, TAMU, Miss State, Ky, Auburn.....and the list goes on.

Finebaum is smart, but I would like to see a bit more national perspective and a little less Birmingham in his act. Looks to me like he COULD be the Howard Cosell of his generation if he tweaks his persona just a bit. Or he could last one year on the SEC network and fade into obscurity.

Harley

Message was edited by: Harley®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Paul Finebaum is a front runner. He doesn't bash Alabama

Oct 9, 2013, 12:49 PM

because it is easy to defend that they are the best lately. I lived in Bham from 84-86 and he rode Ray Perkins all the time. He is big SEC apologist because under present conditions it is easy to take that position. He is very knowledgeable, but would rather be an ahole. He gets off on that. I did hear him interview Frank Howard on his show in mid 80's. Coach told him "he grew up about a wagon greasing out of Mobile". He was respectful that day, but I would never expect a compliment from him about our program.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here you go...

Oct 9, 2013, 10:57 AM

Finebaum rips Clowney situation, takes shot at USC fans

By JOSH KENDALL — jkendall@thestate.com

Paul Finebaum, who referred to the Jadeveon Clowney situation as “the biggest joke in college football” earlier this week, appeared Wednesday morning on 560 The Team in Columbia.

Despite Tuesday comments from Steve Spurrier and Clowney designed to defuse the situation, Finebaum, a longtime SEC journalist and now an ESPN personality, said, “I think the issue still remains. You can’t just put a bunch of paint over a decaying situation. I didn’t really buy anything I heard yesterday.”

Clowney sat out the Kentucky game due to a muscle injury, setting off questions about his commitment to the Gamecocks. Clowney insisted Tuesday evening he is fully committed to his final season of college football.

“He came off likeable, which he is. I am a fan of Jadeveon. … But I think he has handled it poorly,” Finebaum said. “I’m still not sure we know what is going on.”

Finebaum, who has known Spurrier for more than 20 years, also commented on Spurrier’s Tuesday comments, which defended Clowney.

“I never remember him having a prepared statement,” Finebaum said. “What he said yesterday was not Steve Spurrier. That was someone, whether it be the AD, the president, his friends, saying, ‘Listen Steve you need to walk that back’ and he doesn’t do that very well. … He is the most honest coach that has ever lived so I am always going to take his first statement as the truth.

“Ultimately it is Steve Spurrier’s ball club so that’s where the arrows have to be pointed.”

Finebaum praised the job Spurrier has done at South Carolina, calling him one of the greatest coaches in college football history, but he also warned Gamecock fans not to expect a long run of conference titles.

“There is this entitlement that I have seen from Gamecock fans. A couple of 11-win seasons and they think they are Alabama or Georgia and they are not,” Finebaum said. “The fans there have really been expecting too much. They just all need to chill out a little bit.”

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/10/09/441767/finebaum-rips-clowney-situation.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In BHM this week. The more I listen to Finebaum

Oct 9, 2013, 10:59 AM

the less I like him or his show.

THe Bama crowd are the most enamored of their own opinion of any peoples I have ever heard. He just sits there and lets them go on, then makes a quick snide comment and goes to the next call.

But I wanted to call and give him an earful when we openly wondered how Uga let the Clemson game get away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said he wasn't sold on Dabo prior to the CU vs UGA game.***

Oct 9, 2013, 11:21 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:He said he wasn't sold on Dabo prior to the CU vsUGA game

Oct 9, 2013, 11:27 AM

and when we lose a game one day he will go back into that mode. if it isnt Bama it isnt squat to him. His is a very old act

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, I don't care for him much myself!***

Oct 9, 2013, 1:51 PM

i despise how coot fans act.but..

Oct 9, 2013, 11:30 AM

to tell their fans to chill out over two 11 win seasons is a joke.every fan of their respective team shouldnt have to chill out in wanting their team to win.i remember right after we fired bowden. someone on espn said the same about us.said clemson fans have unreasonable expectations.i believe it was mark may who said it.

Oct 9, 2013, 11:39 AM

I am all for fans having realistic expectations but after back to back 11 win seasons for USC, fans can expect what they want, knowing they can be let down and many have for decades.

How many teams had back to back 11 win seasons last year?

How about Clemson, people across the country talk about pulling a Clemson, Clemson can't win the big one, they are second tier, etc.

Who is to say Clemson fans can't have high expectations with a great young head coach and top level recruiter, 2 of the highest paid assts in the country one of which will be tops on HC lists across the country later this year, incredible stadium, great university, and fans?

Oct 9, 2013, 2:12 PM

any gamecock born in the last 44 years doesn't have a clue what it feels like to win a championship

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic