Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Recruiting Question

Nov 12, 2015, 7:45 AM

I've notice our number of recruits has stayed at 11 for a while and we're down to #21 in the espn rankings. In years past, I wouldn't be concerned, but lately we've pretty much wrapped things up by now.
Are we just waiting on some big names to make decisions?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting Question

Nov 12, 2015, 7:47 AM

Good question

Yes but....

Nov 12, 2015, 7:54 AM

the 21st ranking is based largely on quantity. If you look at the average ranking of the recruits we have committed, Clemson's class ranks in the top 5 nationally.

Recruiting is a marathon not a sprint and Clemson will finish strong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 12, 2015, 7:57 AM

Yep, this is basically right. Lawrence & Smith are the big ones as 5*s, as well as Simpson and Overton as high 4*s.

Patients my man, patients.........

Nov 12, 2015, 8:03 AM

Things are about to get really, really interesting. We could see DL Dexter Lawrence announce for Clemson on December 14th and if (when he does) say Clemson we'll all rejoice because for consecutive years we'd have landed the top ranked DL. Top ranked in my books at least...

PLUS Rahshaun Smith's last visit will be to Clemson in December and we all expect he will be a Tiger. Aside from a few visits, there is no reason to think he will not recommit to us. He loves Clemson. He loves Dabo and Brent so I'd be shocked if he went elsewhere.

Additionally, John Simpson will announce at the US Army AA game on January 9th. I'll be there and the stud OL will likely announce he's taking his talents to Clemson. Another OL, Tremayne Anchrum, is also taking a hard look at us.

4 star WR Diondre Overton is narrowing his choices and it appears that he's down to Tenn and Clemson. He's VERY high on us and was in town last weekend for the game. He'll probably pick us too.

The CB/DB position is one to keep your eye on this year. There are a number of prospects we're looking at here and to be honest its wide open. There's JJ Givens, of Mechanicsville, VA, who is committed to scar as of now but that could change as he visited us last weekend. Another guy in the running is Park Crossing's PJ Blue who decommitted from scar last month. Blue was also in town last week and is said to be very high on the Tigers. He's a long, rangy 6-3 guy that isn't afraid of contact at all. I'm really impressed with the way he attacks in the run game and PJ can really blow up a screen play. A number of others in the running include Trayvon Mullen, Stephen Davis Jr, Marquill Osborne, Myles Dorn and ya never know who else could flip to Clemson.

So my friend while it may appear that things aren't happening on the ole recruiting trail, I can assure you that is not the case. Lost in all the commotion of this years class is the huge commitment from massive OL Noah Dehond from New Jersey. That is a huge pick up an a heck of a way to set the tone for the 2017 class.

Given our numbers in the secondary and the recent pick up in

Nov 12, 2015, 9:30 AM

recruiting of possible corners and safeties, it makes you wonder if perhaps some existing players have told the coaching staff they are leaving.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Patients my man, patients.........

Nov 12, 2015, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Patients my man, patients......... ]

Thanks, I wasn't too worried with the year we're having on the field, but I've grown accustomed to having it pretty well wrapped up by now.

Bigger fish; bigger bait...

Nov 12, 2015, 8:03 AM

Better recruits; longer process.

Look at Alabama, FSU, and the other programs who close with several ESPN announcements on signing day. The big stars want their five minutes of dramatic reveal and that's the pond we're fishing in now.

It appears (and I hope) the coaches are being more selective because they know they can. We seem to be in good position with many top prospects right now. Close our share and we are near the top.

On the other hand, our staff has proven to be great at evaluating and developing talent. For that reason, I will not be concerned with where we are ranked, especially when the rankings are so subjective and seemingly biased toward certain programs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

No worries

Nov 12, 2015, 8:06 AM

Clemson will get who Clemson wants. We will finish strong.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

it's been 82 days cents our last verbal...

Nov 12, 2015, 9:10 AM

82 lonnnnnnggggg days with ne'er a drop to drink

some peoples circled the globe in fewer days...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just knew you were keeping track

Nov 12, 2015, 9:32 AM

I lost track when it went over 63

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you know me, i'm here to help...

Nov 12, 2015, 11:21 AM

;)

oh, and happy thursday @under11par.

Nov 12, 2015, 11:18 AM

I feel 99% sure that R. Smith will recommit to us. That's a huge 5* LB pick up.

I feel pretty good about D. Lawrence the 5* DT from Wake Forest, NC -- I hear that he is a silent to us and it looks promising that he announces his decision date right after his visit to us for the FSU game and he saw us the week before against NCSU.

I like Simpson to us, and feel he is just taking his visits and enjoying the process. Same with Overton the WR from NC.

I think we have a shot at those 4 for sure.

Nov 12, 2015, 11:25 PM

He's not a silent from what I've heard

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic