Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Patience is a Virtue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,598

Patience is a Virtue

Mar 26, 2019, 10:10 AM

https://twitter.com/mitchgilfillan/status/1109965745822334978

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Patience is a Virtue

Mar 26, 2019, 10:13 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Patience is a Virtue

Mar 26, 2019, 10:21 AM

So fire Brad, and hire this guy, who in the last 5 years seems to have had better success than Brad has had in 10.

Wofford is who we should model our program after.***

Mar 26, 2019, 10:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wofford is who we should model our program after.***

Mar 26, 2019, 10:46 AM

That means Brownell only needs to make the tournament 4 times in the next 8 years.

If 5 every 10 is the model for our program, TNET is going to meltdown every other year.

I'm of the notion that 10 seasons is quite patient

Mar 26, 2019, 1:24 PM

but unfortunately, that patience has produced inconsistent virtue... but ultimately, the correlations end at their titles of HC of Men's Basketball. Clemson should have higher expectations than Wofford, does and should play a higher level of competition, and must always aspire to hire a HC that will produce the results on the court to meet those expectations while maintaining the virtues of integrity, motivation to be the best, and will teach his players how to maximize their potential while functioning within the team concept.

Dabo had the same challenges from a football perspective (bagmen, handlers and family, not the best of history and tradition compared to the elites of the game), but he created a plan of action to overcome those challenges and has taken the football program to new heights.

Amanda Butler has taken a dismal women's bball program and in one year tossed patience to the wind with holdovers from the previous coach and led the program to the NCAA tournament in her very first season. And she did this with an abysmal history on the program, especially recent history...

Brownell will get next year, I don't believe at this point that next year is going to be better than this past year, and quite frankly, I do believe that it will be worse. Whoever the coach is, I do hope that they can contradict my belief and lead the Tigers to success!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,598
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic