Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Patagonia going to Patagonia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 874

Patagonia going to Patagonia

Sep 21, 2020, 3:21 PM

I think this is going too far. Just say "Vote" or something to that nature. They have upset some big time retailers, it will be interesting to see what happens.

I think that they are doing a lot of good for the industry and I support their cause, but I do not like this messaging. Just too much and too polarizing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have thought Patagonia...

Sep 21, 2020, 3:23 PM

would be on the side of the dems

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would have thought Patagonia...

Sep 21, 2020, 3:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chuck Schumer should sue the pants off them***

Sep 22, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to I would have thought Patagonia... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't they all asssholes?***

Sep 21, 2020, 3:29 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

politicians? or people who wear patagonia?

Sep 21, 2020, 3:31 PM

yes.

Greenr

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

But you can't vote out people who wear patagonia.***

Sep 21, 2020, 3:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Outside of the profanity being a possible issue with some...

Sep 21, 2020, 3:46 PM

isn't the message just to tell people to go vote? What is polarizing about that message? If it simply said "vote them out" would that be polarizing?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s just a further extension of virtually everyone in the

Sep 21, 2020, 3:52 PM

Country overestimating the value of their personal opinions by a factor of about a million.

I know Patagucci has always been environmentally active, but if they think that tag is a more useful spot for that message than what temp water to wash the shirt in, they’re fully engaged in high stakes fart sniffing. Fortunately it’s quite easy for me as a consumer to express my disagreement with their activism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, sure, but that's part of their brand so it makes sense

Sep 21, 2020, 4:02 PM

and telling people to vote doesn't strike me as activism worth disagreeing with.

I’m fine with the message, just don’t like the medium

Sep 21, 2020, 4:08 PM

What if you bought a really nice new car, and inscribed in big chrome letters on the back of each sunvisor was “Vote the a-holes out”.

At some point most people are spending their money to buy a nice car (or shirt). It’s just overly-indulgent for that manufacturer to presume that they’ll appreciate their bucks also going towards a permanent reminder of the company leadership’s opinion of the state of the world.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s their right to do it, but still indulgent and vain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But "voting" is the opinion being expressed by leadership

Sep 21, 2020, 4:18 PM

I can see the language in the statement being why some don't like it but having the equivalent of the message "go vote" placed in big chrome letters on the underside of my cargo mat in my trunk doesn't really bother me.

So why don’t they say “eat more fiber” or “try to

Sep 21, 2020, 4:21 PM

Contribute at least 10% to your 401k”

They’re equally helpful non-partisan life skills, but I don’t really want them sewn into my clothing either because I care more about how the company makes a shirt than how they want me to live my #bestlife.

Tag would be too big.

Sep 21, 2020, 4:31 PM

I think most would agree that the quality of the clothing is more important than the message being written on the tags but I'm not sure there are that many that believe the quality of the clothing is somehow dependent on what the company chooses to write on the tag.

It seems you’re debating me against a point

Sep 21, 2020, 4:36 PM

I’ve never made. No one has claimed the presence of the message degrades (or improves) the quality of the shirt

Sorry, read your point wrong. Apologies.***

Sep 21, 2020, 4:41 PM

Starting now, all (Ryan)Adidas brand underwear will have

Sep 22, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to So why don’t they say “eat more fiber” or “try to ]

"wipe front to back" sewn into the tag.

All shirts will have a tag on the neck that say "cover your mouth with your elbow when coughing and sneezing".

All pants will have a huge tag on the fly that says "Spay or neuter your pets".

All shoes will have "Pigs in a Blanket, Fry 'Em Like Bacon" imprinted on the soles.

The language is what bothers me and most others***

Sep 21, 2020, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Outside of the profanity being a possible issue with some... ]

Fair enough.

Sep 21, 2020, 4:19 PM

You'd be okay with "vote!" or "vote them out!" though, right?

Other than the language, looks good to me.

Sep 21, 2020, 3:53 PM

Dems have the House.
Pubs have the Senate.

I'm fine with the message to vote them out.

Vote them all out.

We need term limits.

I have never been a fan of this before...

Sep 22, 2020, 1:12 PM

but I am coming around. Term limits may be the only way to get congress to take its power back from the executive and govern. I'm also pretty square with letting the state legislatures decide on the senators from each state.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If a democrat was president during this pandemic, Patagonia

Sep 21, 2020, 4:46 PM

probably wouldn't have survived. Who knows what our economy would look like.

BRB, visiting their website to stock up on activism-wear

Sep 22, 2020, 8:30 AM

Greenr is 100% OK with this, BUT I hope the kids clothes don't have it because then I have to explain to the kids what an as##### is and why it isn't referring to where the poo comes out and why politicians, in general, are complete assholes.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wanna give it a third look?***

Sep 22, 2020, 9:07 AM

Kids are perceptive...

Sep 22, 2020, 1:10 PM [ in reply to BRB, visiting their website to stock up on activism-wear ]

they probably already know all that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm kind of a fan of it...

Sep 22, 2020, 1:09 PM

I mean, have we reached a point where we can't even agree that ######## are bad?

Replies: 25
| visibility 874
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic