Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ACC to propose that every single NCAA Division 1 team makes 2021 tournament
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: ACC to propose that every single NCAA Division 1 team makes 2021 tournament

Sep 9, 2020, 11:14 AM

ACC to propose that every single NCAA Division 1 team makes 2021 tournament

Mark it down, Clemson will make the 2021 NCAA tournament. Well, if the ACC has their way it might be a 100 percent reality. According to the Stadium's Jeff Good Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ignoring the elephant in the room of trying to do this

Sep 9, 2020, 11:17 AM

during COVID in the Spring, but can you imagine the logistics of organizing 175 neutral site games?

This makes no sense...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neutral sites at BIG and PAC12 school locations....

Sep 9, 2020, 12:47 PM

since they'll just be starting their football games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ignoring the elephant in the room of trying to do this

Sep 9, 2020, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Ignoring the elephant in the room of trying to do this ]

Idea brought forward by a conference that can't even figure out their own divisions or allows a school in for one year and compete for the football title immediately. Who in the right mind would listen to the ACC.

I love that ND is in this year

Sep 9, 2020, 2:42 PM

I hope we get to beat them twice.

Re: Ignoring the elephant in the room of trying to do this

Sep 9, 2020, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Ignoring the elephant in the room of trying to do this ]

More $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Only thing I can think of.

Why even play a regular season then ?***

Sep 9, 2020, 11:20 AM

The tourney would only be nine rounds, five weeks or so.

Sep 9, 2020, 11:28 AM

It would be fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

so you are saying that Clemson is in the tourney then?

Sep 9, 2020, 11:35 AM

sweet

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Still gets NIT invite...

Sep 9, 2020, 12:16 PM

I'm kidding.

Re: Still gets NIT invite...

Sep 9, 2020, 12:42 PM

Who would get the bye in the second round when 175 teams would be playing?

Re: Still gets NIT invite...

Sep 9, 2020, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Still gets NIT invite... ]

Hey that's right. Doesn't bode well for The NIT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ACC to propose that every single NCAA Division 1 team makes 2021 tournament

Sep 9, 2020, 12:42 PM

Just silly and impractical. Coach K has truly lost it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ACC to propose that every single NCAA Division 1 team makes 2021 tournament

Sep 9, 2020, 12:56 PM

Pretty impressive stuff by Brownlee to convince Coach K to propose this so Brownlee can be guaranteed in the Tourney and secure his contract extension for making it.

Brilliant Brownlee as I always call him!

Sep 9, 2020, 1:54 PM

Hey, I was shocked the convince them to cancel the ACC tourney in the spring... thus making it the first tourney we weren't eliminated - which is a bonus clause in his contract. Smart man.

Why not just adds one more weekend***

Sep 9, 2020, 1:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Participation trophies for everybody nm....

Sep 9, 2020, 1:57 PM

Participation trophies for everybody

Re: Participation trophies for everybody nm....

Sep 10, 2020, 10:36 AM

Turn off the scoreboards and declare everyone a Winner.

I wonder how many D1 coaches have bonuses written into

Sep 9, 2020, 2:44 PM

their contracts for making the NCAAT. That could lead to some interesting legal battles and extra expenses for athletic departments.

Sep 9, 2020, 5:23 PM

What if the ACC had the top 4 ranked teams in the NCAA? Three would be eliminated in the first round (the ACC tournament). Would they then be eligible to play in the NIT?
I'm not sure I understand the format.

Sep 9, 2020, 5:33 PM

I see. It's a jailbreak format that employs a very large panel to fit every team into a nationwide
equitable tournament.

Sep 9, 2020, 6:05 PM

I had to look at a calendar to confirm it's not April Fool's Day.
My question is WHY?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 6:13 PM

Bottom line: It would add 2 additional rounds in the tournament and thus an additional weekend. That’s additional $$$ to help make up for last season’s cancellation.

From a competitive standpoint, it may be difficult to judge teams playing a more limited schedule this season.

So, tee it up, let everyone in and grab the popcorn.

Sep 9, 2020, 6:22 PM

You remember when teams actually had to win something to go to the dance? Such as win the ACC? I do but I’m an old fart.

Sep 9, 2020, 7:26 PM

Are you kidding?! I would LOVE this!! Multiply the drama, upsets, crazy comebacks and buzzer beaters by 5...only add one weekend, and set the payout for predicting a perfect bracket at $1b. This would be amazing TV!

Sep 9, 2020, 8:39 PM

Crazy idea. Not sure how the brackets would work because there would be 4 or 5 rounds with uneven numbers. What a change from the greatest basketball weekend (Sweet 16) to a Double 2 weekend (22 teams) or a Double 1 weekend (11 teams).

Sep 10, 2020, 8:36 AM

Participation Trophies for ALL.
Ludicrous!

Sep 11, 2020, 6:09 PM

Not happening.

Sep 11, 2020, 6:12 PM

It’s already too big as it is and the season is too long too.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic