Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting change in strategy by Dabo. With Deshaun and a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Interesting change in strategy by Dabo. With Deshaun and a

Sep 11, 2017, 8:08 AM

potent offense leading the way, we would usually choose to receive and play offense when winning the opening toss. But now with a new QB, an offense geared more towards ball- control, and with a mindset to control the game via that and our stellar defense, we chose to defer and elected our defense first when we won the toss on Saturday. I'm thinking this will be Dabo's strategy going forward.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting change in strategy by Dabo. With Deshaun and a

Sep 11, 2017, 8:16 AM

Field position is always of great importance and with this defense it is possible to have it early in the game. Good field position will also take some pressure from the new QB. Good move Dabo

Yes we deferred our decision to the 2nd half

Sep 11, 2017, 8:18 AM

but did not necessarily "elect our defense first".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Partially right, Bob

Sep 11, 2017, 8:21 AM

We deferred, electing to put our defense out first. Dabo obviously knows a thing or two about football.

Not necessarily. We could have done an onside kick to

Sep 11, 2017, 8:39 AM

start the game -- obviously with the intention of playing offense first.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

listen #####

Sep 11, 2017, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Partially right, Bob ]

we deferred and let Auburn choose what to do. We did not elect anything other than to let Auburn choose first. Auburn chose to receive which put our defense on the field. Auburn coul dhave chosen to kick if they wanted to.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

^ This***

Sep 11, 2017, 9:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

LOL.***

Sep 11, 2017, 1:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: listen #####

Sep 11, 2017, 12:47 PM [ in reply to listen ##### ]

Rarely will a team give up a possession and that is what you do if you choose to kick!

The brilliant tarheels are the only team I know who did this. Shows you the intellect of the fighting goats

This is true

Sep 11, 2017, 12:52 PM

but the fact is that deferring doesn't mean you are automatically choosing to play defense as the poster says it is giving the other team the option to choose first.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Calm down. It's ok to be wrong once in a while.***

Sep 11, 2017, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Partially right, Bob ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

A distinction without a difference***

Sep 11, 2017, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Yes we deferred our decision to the 2nd half ]

Sep 11, 2017, 8:21 AM

I believe they always choose to defer when they win the toss. In every game I've watched, they opted to receive in the half rather than in the first, so I don't think it was a particular strategy in the game Saturday.

Good morning Scok, but I don't think so?

Sep 11, 2017, 8:24 AM

I don't know now the stats but I'm thinking Dabo usually chooses offense first. I read somewhere it was an unusual move for him to want the defense out first.

Re: Good morning Scok, but I don't think so?

Sep 11, 2017, 8:38 AM

Every time I've watched (the past year), including the national championship, when they win the coin toss, they've opted to defer and receive to start the half. He does like to take the offensive route, but at the half.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't think so.

Sep 11, 2017, 8:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 11, 2017, 8:35 AM

Yuk! Thanks for ruining my day!

Do you even like sports?***

Sep 11, 2017, 8:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic