Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Reaction Monday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Reaction Monday

Mar 3, 2014, 11:28 AM

Reaction Monday

Reaction Monday
Today was a day I could do without. I try to keep everything in perspective when it comes to sports, especially after Ryan's accident. No sporting event is worth getting that upset about. However, I am passionate about sports and my favorites teams. My job depends on pas

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leggett has lost the last 23 out of 31 to the coots?***

Mar 3, 2014, 11:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Leggett has lost the last 23 out of 31 to the coots?***

Mar 3, 2014, 1:20 PM

one reason that Jack might be slow to make changes is that he knows our admin will not pay to get the assit coaches like the c$$ts did!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dollars spent is a huge part of the reason for our decline

Mar 3, 2014, 1:30 PM

and their rise.......football as well. Add in the fact we can't get some of their players in school. Ask the coaches.....it is happening in golf as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Leggett has lost the last 23 out of 31 to the coots?***

Mar 3, 2014, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Leggett has lost the last 23 out of 31 to the coots?*** ]

OK So Clemson has Won more games as of to date! You only looking at today or history?

Re: Plyler's Blog: Reaction Monday

Mar 3, 2014, 11:35 AM

Must be OK from the admin perspective to lose to South Carolina consistently as long as overall the team does OK and is considered top 1/3 of the ACC. That is all I can come up with.

bull dookie***

Mar 3, 2014, 11:37 AM

Re: bull dookie, I thought it was Durham :-D ****

Mar 3, 2014, 11:42 AM

Re: bull dookie***

Mar 3, 2014, 1:28 PM [ in reply to bull dookie*** ]

if it was not OK to have the C$$ts DOMINATE us something would be done!! has there been a single word about this and any corrective action??so far as I know everyone should just love what is happening!!Jack is the greatest!! this story has been the same since 2002 and not one word have I read from any official source that indicates any unhappiness!All I hear is SHUT UP AND SEND MORE $$ for professors!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least in the football sphere I know USuC was better than

Mar 3, 2014, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Reaction Monday ]

us for 3 of the 5 loses. The 2009 was a mystery loss--cause I did think the Tigers were better but I also think beating Clemson that year saved SOS's job. The 2013 game I thought we were better but we turned the ball over 6X. I think we catch them this year in DV.

In the baseball sphere I am not sure why we have lost 23 of 31. They are good but we were good too in many of those losses. So it comes down to coaching and players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's no wonder the baseball team plays so tight

Mar 3, 2014, 11:48 AM

Jack's always tight. I bet his @$& whistles, he's so tight. Players take on the coaches demeanor. If your coach is tight, your players will be. It's the same old story with Jack. A comedy of errors and gross mismanagement of the pitching staff. Simple as that

I called in to discuss something OTHER than baseball

Mar 3, 2014, 11:52 AM

and was told "we're not going to talk about that (my topic) right now,call back later". My topic? The Winthrop / PC basketball game this weekend where Pat Kelsey, Winthrop coach, honored the Kowalski family, whose son, Chase was murdered at Sandy Hook. It,like Mickey's son Ryan's accident, has forever changed my priorities.
Go Tigers!

We were at that game. Was an awesome gesture!***

Mar 3, 2014, 12:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Seems like our record against UVA, FSU and UNC are

Mar 3, 2014, 11:53 AM

probably similar in recent years-- anybody got those #s. It's not just losing to UCS, it's the total ineptitude at which we do- unforced errors, one bad pitching decision after another, and what I view as poor sportsmanship on multiple occasions the last few years. It's the obvious lack of recruiting of top notch talent-- just look at our ACC standing-- WE ARE NOT ONE OF THE TOP TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. Just look at out players physically compared to other teams. NCSU is about to join the list above with the pitching they have been bring in. How many conf titles have we won in JLs 20 years-- 1 or 2? How many pre-mature exits have we seen recently in the ACC tourney(eliminated from champ contention) and NCAA tourney? Enough is enough. Thanks but time to move on!

10 YEARS. , 10 YEARS. Let that sink in. 1 Decade

Mar 3, 2014, 11:56 AM

Jack had his shot. Time to move on absent a CWS championship this year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Part of the problem, at least IMO is.....

Mar 3, 2014, 12:23 PM

that we have lost some quality assistants who moved-on to become head coaches at other program and we have not hired comperable replacements.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Absolutely. Nobody's coming calling for pepsicola & leecroy***

Mar 3, 2014, 12:37 PM

When Dabo had a bad year, he fired the OC. Jack has done

Mar 3, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Part of the problem, at least IMO is..... ]

nothing to correct problem. When you lose, somebody has to go. That is just the way it works, deserved or not

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo has a much bigger budget***

Mar 3, 2014, 1:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He also took less money in order to hire better assistants***

Mar 3, 2014, 2:36 PM

Longer than 10 years in my mind. Started with 2002 choke in

Mar 3, 2014, 1:25 PM [ in reply to 10 YEARS. , 10 YEARS. Let that sink in. 1 Decade ]

CWS. Enough is enough

Re: Plyler's Blog: Reaction Monday

Mar 3, 2014, 7:56 PM

Why the heck aren't you emphasizing the very, very good job Brad Brownell & his staff are doing with the MBB team when they are so very short of talent and experience?
Jack L. and his staff need to post themselves at Brad's desk to learn how he is motivating them or creating the "smoke and mirrors". The baseball team is NOT out-talented but the basketballers are short in talent vs all but perhaps 2 ACC teams this season. If Brad had the talent and was losing like Jack, you would be hearing from the fans, also.
Some coaches are getting more from less and others are getting a lot less from equal or more talented squads.
It is not hard to figure out, is it, Mickey? Jack needs to wake up with his program---right now; or else quit playing the Gamecocks for fear of embarassment.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic