Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Part of being the victor is to be gracious
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Part of being the victor is to be gracious

Oct 21, 2018, 8:08 AM

I’ll admit, it’s easy to dislike a team because of their coach or a few players. That being said, most of N.C. State’s team are good kids just trying to win. I was personally moved by the story about the young man that transferred from UNC Pembroke. He worked as a fry cook at Bojangles, lived at home taking care of his sick mother all while going to school and playing football. I read a post last night that dared to make fun of this young man and his story. I admire him, he is already a winner at life which in the final analysis, is far greater than winning a football game. I wish him much future success on and off the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Part of being the victor is to be gracious

Oct 21, 2018, 8:13 AM

I heard some of thast during the game. The kid was impressive and very motivated. Didnt see anyone make fun of him but if they did its sad. Now State's slimey HC is fair game. The guy is a weasel and bragged about hurting Gallman. I have zero respect for that guy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 8:14 AM

My feelings of graciousness doesn’t extend to that jerk. He is a whiny baby and loser.

T-Net took care of the

Oct 21, 2018, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Part of being the victor is to be gracious ]

Poaster who came across as disparaging the young man.

Now, DD, he's as miserable as most of the coaches on the college landscape. Maybe not as miserable as Urban, but pretty close. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 8:16 AM

I’m sure there are dozens of similar stories on State’s team, like ours and everyone else’s. Their fans are mouthy like scar and their coach is not likeable by our fan base, but I would say most of those kids have daily struggles and are playing for the love of the game. We had 4 or 5 outstanding players come back this year when everyone was saying they should take the money and go. I think everyone of them said the love of Clemson football and unfinished business brought them back. All of that being said our Tigers smashed them in the mouth and perhaps shut up some of the naysayers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Remember Phillip Rivers???

Oct 21, 2018, 8:20 AM

He was married AND a father when he played for the Nancies!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember Phillip Rivers??? I heard some of his

Oct 21, 2018, 8:22 AM

grand children were with the Pack yesterday. Or maybe they were great grand children. Not sure. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember Phillip Rivers???

Oct 21, 2018, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Remember Phillip Rivers??? ]

"He was married AND a father when he played for the Nancies!"

Really? I never heard that before! Wow!

Oct 21, 2018, 8:20 AM

Nothing against any NCST players this year , not like Chubb last year. DD is fair game though, one cannot be a huge richard and expect a pass.

Oct 21, 2018, 8:30 AM

I completely agree.

Oct 21, 2018, 8:49 AM

That was a great story. Really admire that young man!

Worked as a fry cook, lived at home, care for sick mother

Oct 21, 2018, 8:49 AM

At first I thought this was another Josh Belk story but realized the fry cook comes after he graduates from South Carolina. ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody made fun of the kid. It was a good story.

Oct 21, 2018, 9:08 AM

But there are millions of kids that work their way through college. This kid was one of the very few of those working their way through College that get a scholarship.

Plus, I question the taking care of the sick mother at Pembroke. Is she not sick anymore or is someone else taking care of her now? He's not doing it from State while going to school and playing football, that's for sure.

Either way, I am very happy that the kid earned a scholarship, that is usually a good thing. The only time earning a scholarship is not a good thing is when they don't graduate and waste to opportunity (except professional sports)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 9:18 AM

Yes, and the comments I've read so far from the 'Pack have been completely respectful regarding yesterday's total beat down.

Their pugnacious attitude is no where to be found or heard. What gives?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 9:45 AM

Was watching with triangle clemson club...sometime in the 4th Q an NC State fan walked over and yelled something about Alabama. I literally laughed out loud.

Oct 21, 2018, 3:29 PM

I know it's not your fault, but this post was mislabeled.

Oct 21, 2018, 3:36 PM

They played a pretty clean game this year. Good sportsmanship, clean hits. I will give them credit.

Oct 21, 2018, 3:53 PM

I would say that the spotlight of his remarks making the National media toned that down some.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic