Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parks update. Good news - Praise the Lord!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Parks update. Good news - Praise the Lord!

Jan 8, 2015, 12:40 PM

Just heard from his mom Ginny. Once the docs came in this am, the plan of care changed a bit for the better.

Parks had some pretty good improvements over night. He is breathing more over the vent settings which is awesome, his Troponin levels made another big jump in the right direction down to 12-14 ( she couldn't remember exactly), they took him off all of his IV medications except for pain and sedation meds, and decreased his Lasix (pill to reduce fluid retention) because his kidneys are functioning great! The chest X-rays look "significantly" better & they may try to wean vent settings a bit today and see if he's ready for the next big step-extubating (removal of the breathing tube).....

Fight Parks, Fight!!!

God, we continue to praise you for your blessings on our friend Parks and his precious family! Amen!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Awesome news! God is good!***

Jan 8, 2015, 12:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Awesome news! God is good!***

Jan 8, 2015, 4:32 PM

best of luck to him! and yes, God is good!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Parks update. Good news - Praise the Lord!

Jan 8, 2015, 12:44 PM

Great news! Power of prayer does wonderful things. Sounds like Parks is a real fighter. Keep fighting and we'll keep praying.

Jan 8, 2015, 12:46 PM

Good to hear. May he keep improving.

We will keep praying CC

Jan 8, 2015, 12:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We will keep praying CC

Jan 8, 2015, 12:55 PM

Great news !!! Continue to pray everyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2015, 12:56 PM

Awesome news! Continued prayers for a speedy recovery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

that's great news cc, thanks.***

Jan 8, 2015, 12:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good news… PRAYERS WORK!!!***

Jan 8, 2015, 12:58 PM

Jan 8, 2015, 12:59 PM

This is such great news! I pray that God will continue to wrap his loving and all powerful arms around Parks and continue to guide him in his recovery. We so appreciate the updates….please continue!

Jan 8, 2015, 1:13 PM

Will continue prayers. Sound like he is starting to get better. Thanks for update

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good news! did i miss it, have they determined what it is

Jan 8, 2015, 1:43 PM

yet?

the virus is Myocarditis and it attacked his heart and lungs

Jan 8, 2015, 6:04 PM

Thanks for your prayers. This truly is a very special young man.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Jan 8, 2015, 1:44 PM

great to hear!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome news!! When they start trying to feed him without

Jan 8, 2015, 2:31 PM

the feeding tube, which may be a while, it will probably be with thickened water, pudding, and ensure. With us everything had to be thickened at first, something to do with the vocal cords being able to handle it and such. Obviously, I'm not a doctor. I'm just sharing what we went through because it seems like such a similar situation. That is what we went through. Expect the inside of his mouth and tongue to be sore, maybe raw from having the tube in there for so long. The rawness will be visibly evident. They have a salve for that which will help the healing process. This too shall pass and the joy of knowing that they are advancing on to the next step back will make all of these stages seem like a day at the beach compared to how far they've come. Congratulations to this family on the great news. I will continue praying.

Re: Awesome news!! When they start trying to feed him without

Jan 8, 2015, 6:07 PM

I have read your posts 81 to 85 and I do appreciate your insights. Your optimism and previous success through a situation like this is wonderful to read about; although I hate you ever had to go through anything like this with a loved one. The family appreciates your concern and prayers.

Well I will continue to pray and we felt the comfort and

Jan 8, 2015, 6:36 PM

results of so many praying for us.

Also, to be clear the tube that will cause the

Jan 8, 2015, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Awesome news!! When they start trying to feed him without ]

rawness on the tongue and mouth is the ventilator tube, not the feeding tube. Also, one thing I learned through our process is that ICU nurses have an intense job, work their rear ends off and are amazing. Needless to say the surgeons, physician assistants and all others are incredible life-savers also.

A lot of what you post takes me back. I remember just staring at the digital oxygen number on the machine trying to will that number higher with my eyes. I remember going through all of what you post from the parents' report. I appreciate your reports of the progress he is making little by little. It wasn't a straight upward trajectory for us as there were some days that we felt we had a setback from the day before. We were told to expect that and not "lose it" because this day wasn't as good as the day before. That is part of the process. My mom is 74 and I believe that this young man's age is so much more in his favor that he is going to come through fine. And, as I have said, I will continue to pray for him and his family.

Great news !***

Jan 8, 2015, 2:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great news !***

Jan 8, 2015, 3:23 PM

Prayers continue

That's awesome***

Jan 8, 2015, 3:52 PM

Outstanding! Keep it up Parks!!!!!***********

Jan 8, 2015, 4:11 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fantastic! I will continue to keep the family in my prayers.***

Jan 8, 2015, 6:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the great news. God is working his miracles.

Jan 8, 2015, 6:45 PM

To God be the glory.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news, and thanks for the updates.***

Jan 8, 2015, 7:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic