Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Gator Bowl is now the TaxSlayer Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,212

The Gator Bowl is now the TaxSlayer Bowl

Dec 7, 2014, 2:44 AM

Bowl games are getting really hard to keep up with. And they sound much more prestigious when they aren't named things like TaxSlayer Bowl or Russell Athletic Bowl.

The Capitol One Bowl went back to being called the Citrus Bowl after 12 years, and for the first 40 years or so that it was played it was called the Tangerine Bowl. The Citrus Bowl does sound better than Capitol One Bowl though.

The Russell Athletic Bowl started out as the Blockbuster Bowl before becoming the Carquest Bowl that Gamecocks are so fond of after getting their first bowl win ever there in 1994 after over 100 years of football. It then became the MicroPC Bowl for a couple years before being named the Tangerine Bowl, then the Champs Sports Bowl, and finally now the Russell Athletic Bowl.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you....Most of these bowls have sold their

Dec 7, 2014, 4:06 AM

souls to commercialization to survive, hence, all the name changing.

I mean they could call it something like the Tangerine Bowl, sponsored by Platinum Plus or the Gator Bowl, sponsored by the Florida Pest Controllers Association. You get the idea!

Heck, a group in Charleston was toying with the idea of a bowl there. I imagined a name like the Mosquito Bowl, sponsored by Raid...or something like that! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Palmetto Bug Bowl (Charleston)!***

Dec 7, 2014, 6:43 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, profits is profits...

Dec 7, 2014, 6:53 AM [ in reply to I agree with you....Most of these bowls have sold their ]

And profits is a good thang!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Gator Bowl is now the TaxSlayer Bowl

Dec 7, 2014, 7:38 AM

I remember the Bluebonnet Bowl in Houston.

I do like the Citris Bowl. Both the game, the stadium and being in Orlando.

Re: The Gator Bowl is now the TaxSlayer Bowl

Dec 7, 2014, 8:54 AM

The citrus bowl didn't go back. Capital one dropped them in favor of the Orange bowl. So now it is the Buffalo Wild Wings citrus bowl.

null

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,212
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic