Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Paint Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 288

Paint Question

Sep 4, 2018, 11:06 AM

I hate painting, like despise it with a 1,000 burning suns hate. As much cheap beer as I drink, you would think I would be proficient and even own my own painting company. Not the case.

My basement is finished, but its got light brown wall. Thank you 1984. The carpet is new and the baseboards are like a grey. Anywho, I want to paint the walls white to make it brighter, but I dont want it looking like a hospital. What is the correct color to use. There are 1 million different shades of white. Who has done this and which white is the best? Paint+Primer paint will be used as I don't have time for that shizzzz of primer and then paint.

For your time:

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SW 7015

Sep 4, 2018, 11:11 AM

Repose Gray from Sherwin Williams.

White is a bad choice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

repose is a great choice

Sep 4, 2018, 12:00 PM

almost our entire house is mindful gray. it's a nice, light color. I bet the repose will be great too...would definitely brighten rooms without being "white".

Pawski - If you have to go white, people often RAVE about sw alabaster.
As far a paint and primer go, Lowes carries SW HGTV Home Infinity.
It is paint and primer in one and goes on like butter. It costs less than the paint at the SW store, but it is very good quality. I like the eggshell - durable yet not shiny. It says one coat, but I recommend 2.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/HGTV-HOME-by-Sherwin-Williams-Infinity-Eggshell-Ultra-White-Base-AA-Latex-Paint-and-Primer-in-One-Actual-Net-Contents-128-fl-oz/1000526865

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do like Father of Greenr and paint the entire house in

Sep 4, 2018, 11:16 AM

Navajo White. They sell it in giant buckets, probably on a discount.

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6126-navajo-white#/6126/?s=coordinatingColors&p=PS0

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazing gray

Sep 4, 2018, 11:22 AM

And get rid of the carpet and mini baseboards.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ask ur local sherwan rep

Sep 4, 2018, 11:43 AM

they deal with contractors all the time and wI'll let you know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Paint Question

Sep 4, 2018, 11:48 AM

Go to lowes, homedepot or Sherwin W's and pick up some of the swatches. Take them home and stick them flat on the wall and make a decision. You also might consider your lighting and placing your lamps in front of mirrors which are behind you when you watch TV.

If you have a bed down there you might want to consider having a mirror or two...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Paint Question

Sep 4, 2018, 12:03 PM

Burn the basement down.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

"eggshell white"***

Sep 4, 2018, 12:24 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "eggshell white"***

Sep 4, 2018, 10:27 PM

That was my first thought but eggshell also describes a sheen so I though it might confuse the OP since he can't find his paint brush will a road map and a flashlight. J/K, he didn't seem to be familiar with the almost white shades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "eggshell white"***

Sep 4, 2018, 10:50 PM

Crulez wins with the most responsible answer.
Zettner wins cause her is Zettner and a good response.

Miss you motherfukkkker. Hopefully see you soon!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 288
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic