Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wake Forest Game- FYI the Dixie Classic Fair is in town
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,473

Wake Forest Game- FYI the Dixie Classic Fair is in town

Sep 26, 2018, 8:47 AM

I live in Winston-Salem and just wanted to let folks know that traffic and parking will be heavier than usual for the football game. Of course nothing like traffic in Tiger Town. The later game time will not help.

If you've been up here in the past for a game you may know that the football stadium, basketball area and fair are all in the same area and share parking. Get here early if you want a good spot or else you'll be stuck out in abandoned warehouse parking lots surrounded by barbed wire (sound familiar?).

Look forward to seeing a ton of Tigers up here. Let me know if you need any recommendations during your visit. Downtown is growing and there is some good restaurants and breweries.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wake Forest Game- FYI the Dixie Classic Fair is in town

Sep 26, 2018, 9:00 AM

Thanks for the advice - wife and I are going to the game just waiting on the official game time being set to plan the day...headed from Upstate so looks to be a 2.5 hour drive...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 9:02 AM

What would be a good time to get there?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Sep 26, 2018, 9:09 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Wife and I are coming up from Charleston. What's good to eat that isn't a chain?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 9:22 AM

Downtown:

Casual
- Camel City BBQ
- Crafted The Art of the Taco
- Foothills Brewery
- Jeffrey Adams (farm to table)
- Diamondback grill (F2T also)
- River Birch Lodge

Nice
- Ryan’s steakhouse ($$$) not the old chain ;)
- Firebirds

Sep 27, 2018, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Wake Forest Game- FYI the Dixie Classic Fair is in town ]

In downtown Winston-Salem most of the restaurants are on 4th St and Trade St. If you're around on Sunday Sweet Potatoes (nice soul food restaurant) on Trade St has an awesome brunch.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:18 AM

I also live in Winston & normally get parking passes for cheap; not this time, I spent $125 because of the fair. I bought my 4 tickets on the 40 from the box office 2 days ago and saved $200 vs Stubhub. We are not used to the box office having GOOD seats available!

Sep 26, 2018, 9:18 AM

I also live in Winston & normally get parking passes for cheap; not this time, I spent $125 because of the fair. I bought my 4 tickets on the 40 from the box office 2 days ago and saved $200 vs Stubhub. We are not used to the box office having GOOD seats available!

Wife and I are hitting WS Friday night. Assuming

Sep 27, 2018, 11:16 AM

a 3:30 kick, are you suggesting coming early morning to park? If so, what's within walking distance? We'd need someplace(s) to hang out for a while.

Maybe call an Uber to downtown and then an Uber back to the stadium?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Wife and I are hitting WS Friday night. Assuming

Sep 27, 2018, 11:28 AM

Yes. The general parking lots that are usually used by people without a parking pass users are the lots around the basketball arena. These will be used by folks at the Fair too.

If you're not tailgating the ONLY place (literally there is nothing else) to hang out is Putters Patio and Grill across from University Parkway on Bonhurst. This is across from the bball arena They have good food and plenty of alcohol selection but there will be a wait and don't expect to get in and eat an hour before the game. It's usually full of Tiger fans so it will feel nice and cozy. If that's your option I'd get to the game 2-3 hrs before hand to walk and wait and eat.

Thanks! So how early would you expect parking

Sep 27, 2018, 12:13 PM

to fill up at the basketball arena?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

PSA- REMEMBER WAKE SERVES ALCOHOL IN THEIR GAMES

Sep 27, 2018, 11:45 AM

They serve wine, draft beer, domestic cans and you can drink at your seat. Not bad for a Baptist school ;)

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,473
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic