Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PGA - Safeway Open
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 854

PGA - Safeway Open

Sep 11, 2020, 9:07 PM

With the Leader sitting @ -15 and the Cut Line now @ -5 here are our Tigers results:

DJ set the pace shooting -7 and is @ -12, T-3rd Place!!!
(The Link below has several of his scoring shots in it, just click on his name on the Leaderboard.)

Lucas shot a bogey free -5 and sits @ -8, T-16th Place.

Jonathan shot another -3 and is @ -6 and T-34th Place

Doc and Kyle also shot -3 and are @ -5 and T-52nd Place

https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html

Way to Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: PGA - Safeway Open

Sep 11, 2020, 11:09 PM

Thanks, Skeeta! So many people just can't, or don't. appreciate what a sport golf is, or the immaculate skill it requires to succeed in that sport. My dad used to say (he was a great golfer), "just imagine" you have a two stroke lead over Jack Nicholas in a Major with three holes to play, and he's playing right behind you....???! Just imagine that pressure! It's not quite baseball, but it's such a beautiful game!

Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2020, 12:03 AM

That's correct! A friend of mine played on the tour for 9 years and he said in one tournament that Jack was playing with Grier Jones in the final round of a tournament in Florida and Jones had a 4 shot lead with five holes to play. Nicklaus birdied the last 5 holes to win by one shot. When my friend went into the locker room, he said Jones was slumped over on a bench with a towel over his head. He told my friend, "I knew Jack could beat me, Jack knew that he could beat me, and Jack knew that I knew he could beat me"!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2020, 7:49 AM

That tournament was at Inverrary, and I remember watching it. I was a big fan of Nicklaus, but I felt bad for Grier Jones.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2020, 3:46 PM

It has been great getting to watch Kyle all day today as one of the featured groups on PGA Tour Live / NBC Sports Gold. We even got to see a good bit of Doc early this morning before the featured groups started their rounds.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 854
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic