Topic: PGA - Safeway Open
Replies: 4   Last Post: Sep 12, 2020 3:46 PM by: Schema
[ Tiger Boards - Pros & Other ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

PGA - Safeway Open

emoji_events [6]
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 9:07 PM

With the Leader sitting @ -15 and the Cut Line now @ -5 here are our Tigers results:

DJ set the pace shooting -7 and is @ -12, T-3rd Place!!!
(The Link below has several of his scoring shots in it, just click on his name on the Leaderboard.)

Lucas shot a bogey free -5 and sits @ -8, T-16th Place.

Jonathan shot another -3 and is @ -6 and T-34th Place

Doc and Kyle also shot -3 and are @ -5 and T-52nd Place

https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html

Way to Go Tigers!!!

2020 white level member

Re: PGA - Safeway Open

[2]
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 11:09 PM

Thanks, Skeeta! So many people just can't, or don't. appreciate what a sport golf is, or the immaculate skill it requires to succeed in that sport. My dad used to say (he was a great golfer), "just imagine" you have a two stroke lead over Jack Nicholas in a Major with three holes to play, and he's playing right behind you....???! Just imagine that pressure! It's not quite baseball, but it's such a beautiful game!

Go Tigers!!!

[2]
Posted: Sep 12, 2020 12:03 AM

That's correct! A friend of mine played on the tour for 9 years and he said in one tournament that Jack was playing with Grier Jones in the final round of a tournament in Florida and Jones had a 4 shot lead with five holes to play. Nicklaus birdied the last 5 holes to win by one shot. When my friend went into the locker room, he said Jones was slumped over on a bench with a towel over his head. He told my friend, "I knew Jack could beat me, Jack knew that he could beat me, and Jack knew that I knew he could beat me"!

[1]
Posted: Sep 12, 2020 7:49 AM

That tournament was at Inverrary, and I remember watching it. I was a big fan of Nicklaus, but I felt bad for Grier Jones.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Sep 12, 2020 3:46 PM

It has been great getting to watch Kyle all day today as one of the featured groups on PGA Tour Live / NBC Sports Gold. We even got to see a good bit of Doc early this morning before the featured groups started their rounds.

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Pros & Other ]
Start New Topic
640 people have read this post