Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PAC 12 reporter on ESPN just said USC should try to hire
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

PAC 12 reporter on ESPN just said USC should try to hire

Sep 30, 2013, 6:10 PM

Kevin Sumlin from TAMU. I hope not.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? Texas A&M will not hire Chad Morris

Sep 30, 2013, 6:15 PM

they will go after a proven head coach...... They could get the HC at Baylor, A&M is a better job. They could get several proven HC's...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't the Texas/TAMU rivalry come into the pic too?

Sep 30, 2013, 6:17 PM

With Morris being a UT guy, many think much of the TAMU fans and donors would not like having him on board. Then again, if he comes in and wins it would change things. Getting the offer is the hard part.

Morris graduated from A&M***

Sep 30, 2013, 6:19 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Tada! +1.***

Sep 30, 2013, 6:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A&M

Sep 30, 2013, 6:26 PM

has a huge inferiority complex and they will do everything they can too out do Texas and Texas will not be hiring an OC........................ Texas will be hiring a new HC this year so A&M if they lose theirs will have to try and out do them.........

That is probably true historically but not now. How do

Sep 30, 2013, 6:36 PM

you think TAMU has an "inferiority complex" with their current situations? TAMU left that behind when they moved to the SEC. Passe`.

Re: That is probably true historically but not now. How do

Sep 30, 2013, 6:45 PM

Two years doesn't do away with decades of feelings......... Texas can regain everything they have lost in the blink of an eye........ Texas in like UGA in Georgia but in a state with 30M people..... Texas A&M is trying to raise several hundred million for improvements to Kyle Field... Texas wouldn't have that problem they would have money left over not knowing what to do with it......... The SEC means nothing to Texas........ Texas is already moving to replace Mack Brown ......

Trying to raise?

Sep 30, 2013, 6:48 PM

They raised 740 million dollars last year. Sumlin will only leave A&M for the NFL. A&M has enough money to match anyones offer, and Sumlin is killing Texas in recruiting at the moment.

They're not competing with Texas in the conference or

Sep 30, 2013, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: That is probably true historically but not now. How do ]

on the field. For that matter, they're turning the tide in recruiting. Texas has the problems, not TAMU. I understand the huge advantage Texas has with funds. That's true when compared to almost any school in the country and I agree that's not going to change anytime soon. The fact is TAMU is doing a lot more with a lot less. Sumlin has to get some credit for that. If he were to leave (big if), they could come looking. An alum with national recognition, HC or not, isn't that far fetched. I do think it would be Morris' 'Dream Job'.

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

TAMU does not have a lot less

Sep 30, 2013, 7:02 PM

Texas A&M has a 7.6 billion dollar endowment, which is fourth largest in the nation. A&M is also larger than Texas.

Didn't know that. I was going on 'media reports'. +1.***

Sep 30, 2013, 7:05 PM

Re: list:

Sep 30, 2013, 7:39 PM [ in reply to TAMU does not have a lot less ]

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505145_162-57567214/20-biggest-college-endowments/

Texas doesn't have access to all of that money

Sep 30, 2013, 7:40 PM

A good portion of what they receive comes from oil revenue, which fluctuates from year to year. Point being, A&M doesn't have a lot less than Texas.

I believe the 17 billion factors in

Sep 30, 2013, 7:46 PM

the worth of the total oil leases Texas has the rights too, and I doubt they are in the market to sell.

I'm not 'suggesting' it. I certainly don't want it. I just

Sep 30, 2013, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Why? Texas A&M will not hire Chad Morris ]

see the possibilities. Briles would be an excellent choice but it's not like you have to be a former HC to get the chance. Look what Malzahn did. Morris is known in Texas, it's his alma mater, and it's certainly a conceivable. I think the first question is whether Sumlin would want to walk into that mess.

Re: PAC 12 reporter on ESPN just said USC should try to hire

Sep 30, 2013, 6:18 PM

Morris is a TAMU guy

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You can't spell PENIS without ESPN!!!"

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic