Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PAC 12 estimated annual revenue:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 716

PAC 12 estimated annual revenue:

May 21, 2012, 9:16 AM

From USA Today: "The Pac-12's full ownership of national and regional networks that have lined up substantial distribution before their scheduled launch in August, indicates that the conference is on track to generate at least $30 million a school per year over the 12-year term of agreements with ESPN and Fox that begin later this year ($4.3 billion total)".

That's about double what the ACC will bring in if the PAC 12 maximizes their potential. Yes, the article does say they are guaranteed $21M, but can be as much as $30M per school per year after the initial costs of the network are figured in. In the mean time the ACC will max out at $17M per school for the next 15 years! The Big XII's new contract could be in the $30M+ range per school if they expand properly, add a conference championship game, factor in 3rd tier rights for each school, and the new partnership with the SEC to match champions at the end of the year.

Times have changed and like it or not Clemson either has to change with the times and exit the ACC, or become a dinosaur of college football and basically be relegated to a lower division. There is no way we can financially compete with USC by staying in the ACC.

This may be the most important decision, assuming the Big XII will take us, in the history of Clemson athletics.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/story/2012-05-20/Pacific-12-schools-will-see-big-payday-from-TV-deals/55095542/1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

will be biggest thing to happen since 1981***

May 21, 2012, 9:19 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

the acc's is low comparatively, but there is a look in

May 21, 2012, 9:20 AM

clause, which means it can be more.

just sayin, the acc would not be 'locked in'/maxed out to or by this contract for 15 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there will be a look in by ESPN to downgrade the contract

May 21, 2012, 9:22 AM

after the coming defections...the overall product isn't there to upgrade it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

glad you said that because that look in exists for all

May 21, 2012, 9:24 AM

the contracts; nothing is forever or in stone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's also when the subsequent law suits will be filed....

May 21, 2012, 9:25 AM [ in reply to there will be a look in by ESPN to downgrade the contract ]

by the ACC against the Big XII and the defecting schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: PAC 12 estimated annual revenue:

May 21, 2012, 9:22 AM

Sounds like we need to try to get in the PAC 12, that is where the money is:):)

Replies: 6
| visibility 716
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic