Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cracks are forming in the Pac-12: Will they be patched?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,000

Cracks are forming in the Pac-12: Will they be patched?

May 15, 2018, 3:18 PM

Cracks are forming in the Pac-12: Will they be patched before it's too late?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/cracks-are-forming-in-the-pac-12-will-they-be-patched-before-its-too-late/?ftag=SPM-16-10abi8e

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Does John Deere make anything that can help

May 15, 2018, 3:22 PM

those folks in Hawaii with the lawn problems they're having???

http://bigislandnow.com/2018/05/15/volcano-update-may-15-6-am-new-fissure-opens-ne-of-19/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That article just makes CBS Sports seem petty and jealous

May 15, 2018, 3:24 PM

over the PAC 12 having a TV relationship with FOX.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

How so? CBS has SEC game of week which almost always ...

May 15, 2018, 3:52 PM

... leads in viewership.

FOX shows PAC 12 game that comes on at 7 PM PST (10 PM EST) and gets terrible viewership.

Don't think CBS is too concerned about that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CBS has a contract with the SEC for ONE game per week..

May 15, 2018, 4:09 PM

and it has to be SEC vs SEC. They also have Conference USA for the CBSSports Network.

Fox televises PAC 12 and Big 12 games. They have FOX, FS1 and FS2, yet the CBS writer pokes fun at that while ignoring that they(CBS) barely have a cable presence.

The whole article was just a bit of butthurt.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

No, the article showed that the PAC 12 is falling way behind

May 15, 2018, 4:19 PM

Both in viewership and revenue. And this leads to the perception that they aren't as good as the other conferences which has probably led to them being given less consideration by the selection committee for the BCS and now the CFP.

And whatever flavor of FOX channel not leaving a NASCAR truck race to show the PAC 12 game of the week was an example of FOX not helping the issue. To the FOX producers minds staying with the NASCAR race meant more viewers and more ad money than going to the PAC 12 game.

More people watch that one SEC vs SEC game of the week on CBS than watch all the games that FOX shows of the PAC 12 teams for the same week.

It was not a CBS versus FOX article. It was a PAC 12 versus the other conferences article. And part of the problem is the support that the PAC 12 receives from FOX is not as great as the support the SEC receives from CBS & ESPN, for example.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cracks are forming in the Pac-12: Will they be patched?

May 15, 2018, 4:01 PM

I was just thinking about how Oregon emerged 5 or 6 years ago. Then promptly disappeared. The Pac 12 just doesnt interest me and the time differential doesnt help.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PAC-12 doens't like the East Coast Bias, but in truth, they

May 15, 2018, 4:34 PM

kind of need it. Get some East Coasters on board and their presence and respect would be higher. I still like watching Stanford v. Oregon, but I'll admit, it kind of sneaks up on me or I have to seek it out to know when it is happening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,000
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic