Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Owen Pappoe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Owen Pappoe

Oct 26, 2017, 1:25 PM

supposed to visit for FSU game. and supposed to make his decision in the Spring. Right now we are trailing UGA. We were a leader at one point but seems UGA is the favorite now. UGA has tried and is trying to get Pappoe to visit for Auburn/UGA game which is the same weekend. They are also pushing hard for a commit. It is imperative that he still visits for FSU game and also imperative he bring his parents. We have a lot of ground to make up.

If we miss on Pappoe don't be surprised if we crank up our recruiting on Mikel Jones from IMG.

Jones and Pappoe are similar height, weight, build but Pappoe might be the best player regardless of any position in '19 class.

Jones is solid and will be great however and I would take him in a heartbeat.

just the rumblings I'm hearing doesn't mean all of it is true so take it with a grade of slaw.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Iv heard/read the same things

Oct 26, 2017, 1:27 PM

The key is getting him and his family on campus before he goes to UGA again.

very important to get the family here***

Oct 26, 2017, 1:28 PM

Re: very important to get the family here***

Oct 26, 2017, 1:35 PM

Wouldn't hurt for Auburn to beat that dawgy @$$ that weekend.

Re: Owen Pappoe

Oct 26, 2017, 1:37 PM

Georgia plays Auburn at Auburn

good point

Oct 26, 2017, 1:48 PM

I think they want him to commit before that weekend is what I'm picking up. More than anything they just don't want him to visit us that weekend

Oct 27, 2017, 10:57 PM

Kirby has severed that Grayson pipeline to Cu.

Grayson coaches are the ones that got Ole MI$$

Oct 29, 2017, 12:27 PM

LOL

Oct 27, 2017, 10:59 PM

Kirby has severed that Grayson pipeline to Cu. The Owen Pappoe ship has sailed.

He's a UGA lean, but it's not over.

Oct 27, 2017, 11:11 PM

Still a lot of football to be played and recruiting to be had before a 2019 player signs on the dotted lines. The new thing (UGA) will die in luster if he doesn't beat Bama.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: He's a UGA lean, but it's not over.

Oct 29, 2017, 12:19 PM

> Still a lot of football to be played and recruiting
> to be had before a 2019 player signs on the dotted
> lines. The new thing (UGA) will die in luster if he
> doesn't beat Bama.

Kirby has sold OP on his willingness to play freshmen and the fact that AA Rowan Smith will jump to the NFL. Owen could secure early PT because of that.

Re: He's a UGA lean, but it's not over.

Oct 29, 2017, 12:25 PM

He definitely is selling something. $$$$$$$

Looks like we got one

Oct 27, 2017, 11:02 PM

https://twitter.com/isopsher/status/923956675689762816

Folks should like our chances with Pappoe and Jones

Oct 28, 2017, 12:42 AM

One should feel good about the possibility of our Tigers landing both to be honest. Pappoe has been a regular at Clemson but the in-state Bulldogs obviously pose a large threat. The Good: FSU and Tennessee (once players for his services) are both tanking and Grayson has been a solid pipeline for our boys. The Not-so-good: UGA and Bama are rolling and from what has been printed I would say that both UGA and Bama are indeed our biggest competitors for his services. Plus, he's got some UGA buddies tugging at his shirt. In interviews, he mentions UGA's proximity but also brings up talks with Bama as well. Ultimately I believe this comes down to a close decision between our boys and those dang dawgs.

Really liking our chances with Mikel Jones. He mentioned we're one of his "dream schools." In May of 2017, Jones singled out Georgia and Clemson as the two schools which stood out to him. Jones made his first visit to Clemson for the annual Orange & White spring game with his mother, sister, grandparents, aunt and two of his coaches. I always like our chances when it comes to IMG boys.
"I like that Clemson is close to my family’s home town,” Jones said. “I always loved watching Clemson football, and being a part of it seemed impossible until today.”
"Clemson is still in my top three at the moment simply because they’re reaching out to me the most,” Jones said. “I feel like I have a good relationship with a lot of coaches and their program is headed in the right direction and there’s a big chance I could be a part of that in two years."- May 24, 2017

Oct 29, 2017, 3:08 PM

OP is def leaning to UGA right now, Clemson was in the lead a couple months ago but I suspect OP wants to stay in state and be close to home. I dont think FSU even has a shot from what im hearing. Grayson pipeline is not severed nor will it be for a long time.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic