Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Problem with Clemson Football & Coach Dabo!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

The Problem with Clemson Football & Coach Dabo!

Oct 20, 2013, 3:51 PM

O.K. I'm just a little frustrated with our Tigers but I will be loyal through the ages! I don't think there is much to fix at Clemson but what needs to be fixed is very major and if not fixed we will NEVER win a National Title or many big games for that matter. Let's go back to a year or so ago when we were undefeated & looked like we were ready to be a national contender. I will never forget the pregame interview with Dabo before the GT game when we got blew up & skidded for a while. He told the announcer before the game when asked what he told the team, "I told the guys they were stars and just go out and shine!" Will never forget those words or something very very similar. I feel like we have a problem with what I would call a greatness mentality. Many of you may not like Steve Spurrier but he absolutely does not have a greatness mentality but has won and coached a whole lot of greatness. Then this week Dabo said something like we expect to win or something. Well duh; we always expect to win but the coach has to quit swelling these kids heads up and getting them caught up with all this greatness crap. Let the play do the talking and don't brag til the seasons done & over. If we keep toying with this greatness mentality / swollen heads syndrome we will struggle in big games. Our guys thought they had arrived and let off of the gas and got whacked & not to mention # 81 dropping that ball. Yeah I'm calling him out if he holds the ball momentum swings our way. Anyways like it or lump it this is a part of the problem with Clemson Football & Coach Dabo. I really like Dabo for the record and all of our coaches and I believe if we can fine tune we can be great just don't talk about it do it on the field save to talk for the fans and play tough football day in and day out! Peace from Columbia, here's hoping we destroy the chickens in the brice and hope we can be Nationally relevant next year. We were before last night but I fear that is lost but we still have a lot to play for and could still get to a BCS Bowl!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have only one problem with Dabo and most know

Oct 20, 2013, 4:09 PM

what it is. I expect him to fix it THIS YEAR.

What might that be?

Oct 20, 2013, 4:12 PM

No more sweatshirts?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Exactly. Ban the sweatshirt. Or maybe have a dress shirt

Oct 20, 2013, 4:47 PM

under it. The "I was in a hurry and didn't have time to get dressed" look...its a jinx.

The tone of OP is over the top, but I do wonder if there is something to his reaction to "we have greatness in us" attitude. I totally understand it. DW was a 5'10" 160lb walk on to a national champion. He carried that attitude or got cut. In his expression of that attitude, he beat everyone in front of him, every play.

But that language doesnt transfer to a 4 star, 6'3" 4.4 guy. He legitimately might think he is is the best. Which means he gets beat. Our offense has had a "can't touch this" attitude for a while, and somebody always takes a shot at that. FSU did last night. SC has for 4 years running. We need another identity, I think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW = DS***

Oct 20, 2013, 4:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly. Ban the sweatshirt. Or maybe have a dress shirt

Oct 20, 2013, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Exactly. Ban the sweatshirt. Or maybe have a dress shirt ]

He was too busy tweeting the gov "It is our Time" man can he jinx us or what...why even bother talking with her...get your team ready and we all know now that didn't happen.
Now this tweet crap is all over the internet and people are laughing at Clemson one more time because of his antics...posting "What Time Is It? Time to beat Clemson"...damm it just coach and play football.

You hit the nail on the head

Oct 20, 2013, 5:17 PM

Dabo is too emotional as a head coach.

When things are going smooth and we're clicking we're unstoppable.

When adversity strikes and we have a couple big plays go against us we can't recover.

Re: You hit the nail on the head

Oct 20, 2013, 5:21 PM

Y'all said the exact opposite under Tommy Bowden's leadership.

Re: You hit the nail on the head

Oct 20, 2013, 5:26 PM

I was young in the TB days and didn't really know what was going on.

Nevertheless he should of been fired and Dabo should as well if this loss leads to a repeat of 2011.

Jameis and the Noles did the exact same thing -

Oct 20, 2013, 5:59 PM

it works both ways. His pregame speech was essentially "we are good enough to come into this hostile environment and win because we're that good" and his post game interview was all about how they won because of the confidence they have in each other as teammates. I don't think building the players up to expect greatness is always bad, nor is it the only problem.

However, we clearly have trouble with the mental game in big games, Tajh especially. Not exactly sure how to fix it.

Re: Jameis and the Noles did the exact same thing -

Oct 20, 2013, 6:01 PM

Strong leaders don't crack under pressure

Overreactions

Oct 20, 2013, 7:21 PM

We all have them. But when you look back its just grasping at straws. I believe after a day I thinking about it is that we are missing a few key ingredients. 1- a physical mentality at running back. I love McDowell but if we had a mike Davis or gurley or Marshall for that matter, he would be behind all of them. We just never landed that next guy after Ellington and it shows up in the bigger games.
2- Sammy is a sure fire 1st round pick, but he needs a playmaker opposite him who demands double coverage. Fsu has that and we don't. Mike Williams is goin I be a stud next year , but he's got some maturing to do as a receiver.
3- until we get some safety's that will bring some lumber , our defense will always only be good as our front can play. Look at venables best Oklahoma defenses. Great great safety's who played physical . Kearney may be that guy next year. When you starting safety gets humiliated like blanks was last night. Then no wide receiver is ever goin to fear the middle of the field.
4- last but not least , I believe Mackenzie will begin to pay huge dividends next year . A year off and in the weight room is going to make him a dominate cb. If reports from summer was any indication, he will be the best corner the minute he steps on the field next year .
There are other issues as well, big bodies at TE, better oline play, faster olb's but they can be masked , but these 4 to me seem to be most important.

Re: The Problem with Clemson Football & Coach Dabo!

Oct 20, 2013, 7:29 PM

Seriously ?? Your first post and you call out Stanton Seckinger...Did you even see the catch he made that locked up the UGA win ?? Sure he had a bad night last night but to call out a young man like that is just plain classless !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic