Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RTT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

RTT

May 20, 2019, 1:15 PM

Roof top tents.

www.htpps//Offroadtents.com

Anyone have one? Know anyone that does?
I was considering teardrop trailer but this seems to fit my needs mo betta. That, and I could tow my boat also.

Want to load up the tacoma and head to Colorado for a month or two. Might even get one of those fancy drift boat pontoony thangs.
My son don't need no inheritance!

Message was edited by: FishinCrazy®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"My son don't need no inheritance!"

May 20, 2019, 1:16 PM

Hey Mom and Dad, nice to see you on here.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Overlanders in Africa use those a lot.

May 20, 2019, 1:18 PM

Keeps them off the ground and away from potential animal danger. Don't see the point in this country. Just pitch a ground tent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Overlanders in Africa use those a lot.

May 20, 2019, 1:24 PM

They set up and pack up in minutes. You can sleep anywhere you can park. If you are moving often it would save lots of work.

Re: RTT

May 20, 2019, 1:39 PM

Dont have one, but I want one. I am just not convinced, by anyone I speak with, that the holes they have to drill into my hardtop wouldnt leak at some point. I am still investigating.

Outside Magazing just wrote an article about them in their gear guide at all price levels. Here are the brands they mentioned.

Tepui HyBox (2895)
GFC Platform Camper (6450) - pickem up trucks version
GFC Rooftop - (3500+)
Ikamper X-Cover - (3200) - huge space/up to 4

Good luck and that trip sounds amazing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2019, 1:50 PM

Even saw one with remote control setup. Lots of people making them. Many are same basic design with varying materials.

Just need roof rack that's sturdy enough. Only four anchor points attach to rack.

Found a Diamondback bed cover that is strong enough to put rack on top. Added secure storage with minimal weight.

May 20, 2019, 1:51 PM

This is when I would like a truck. However, I am running our of storage space in the garage and garage attic. My wife would die if I added another toy and a bed cover. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic